d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > 100fg Donation Speaker Problem
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 131.00
Jun 14 2017 08:53pm
I've spent way too many hours into this. Assuming I just need to buy a sound card but it doesn't make sense. I have an $175 MSI Krait Mobo, if I plug my headphones into the back or front they bump. My monitor is loud. When I plug in any set of speakers they have almost no volume at max. UNLESS I plug the subwoofer directly into the line-in, then the sub bumps. Regular speakers never have any volume. However I have also noticed the same thing happens when I plug them into my phone which leads me to believe it's a power issue. Doesn't make sense though because these are walmart computer speakers, most people aren't going to have a sound card. If that is the solutiion no donation is available because I am aware that I should get a sound card in general. But I think something else is going on. I have reinstalled realtek, I tried without realtek. Just no idea.
Jun 14 2017 09:06pm
May have figured it out this time, it definitely was a power issue. Now that I have the speakers powered by the subwoofer thats plugged in instead of my mobo it works fine. Something must be blown on my mobo. My speakers are amplified battery powered on my headphones. Monitor must work fine because it goes through gpu.
Gold: 109,846.06
Warn: 10%
Jun 14 2017 09:06pm
Right click the volume icon in the system tray by the clock, go to playback devices, right click all of them and hit test.

One of them should make a very audible sound if ur sound is maxed :)

Probably not a power issue, could be shitty Walmart speakers.!

This post was edited by Penguins0690 on Jun 14 2017 09:07pm
Jun 14 2017 09:16pm
Quote (Penguins0690 @ Jun 14 2017 11:06pm)
Right click the volume icon in the system tray by the clock, go to playback devices, right click all of them and hit test.

One of them should make a very audible sound if ur sound is maxed :)

Probably not a power issue, could be shitty Walmart speakers.!

That's what I thought, but first set of walmart speakers were from DUAL for $30, now these were $55. The same issue was happening. When I plug into my phone it happens as well. My uneducated theory is that speakers that do not have an external power source won't play loud. Thats why I am getting the same volume from my phone as I get from my computer. Now obviously my computer has the power, hence why my monitor speakers work fine. They are going through the gpu however on the hdmi cable. Now that I have the speakers plugged into the sub which is plugged into an outlet, everything is loud as FUCK. So problem solved. I do think something is wrong with my mobo output. It should be putting out enough power to make at least normal volume. I will take the volt meter to it at some point, or just get a sound card.

It's also annoying that plugging the sub directly into the SUB port on the back does nothing. Realtek says you have plugged in a sub, you check to use it. It doesn't do shit. The sub only works on green. The whole thing is stupid and I am hoping a sound card fixes it.

This post was edited by Abram_J on Jun 14 2017 09:18pm
Gold: 18,352.00
Jun 14 2017 09:20pm
Quote (Abram_J @ Jun 14 2017 10:16pm)
That's what I thought, but first set of walmart speakers were from DUAL for $30, now these were $55. The same issue was happening. When I plug into my phone it happens as well. My uneducated theory is that speakers that do not have an external power source won't play loud. Thats why I am getting the same volume from my phone as I get from my computer. Now obviously my computer has the power, hence why my monitor speakers work fine. They are going through the gpu however on the hdmi cable. Now that I have the speakers plugged into the sub which is plugged into an outlet, everything is loud as FUCK. So problem solved. I do think something is wrong with my mobo output. It should be putting out enough power to make at least normal volume. I will take the volt meter to it at some point, or just get a sound card.

It's also annoying that plugging the sub directly into the SUB port on the back does nothing. Realtek says you have plugged in a sub, you check to use it. It doesn't do shit. The sub only works on green. The whole thing is stupid and I am hoping a sound card fixes it.

lol

you'd be correct
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Jun 14 2017 09:55pm
ive seem some speakers that had an audio jack and a usb for additional power

just the jack itself is not enough for anything other than headphones

This post was edited by DCSS on Jun 14 2017 09:56pm
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll