d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Do Alcoholics Deserve Liver Transplants?
Prev110111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 45,015.90
Warn: 20%
Jun 14 2017 01:09am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 14 2017 01:03am)
I think the question is wrong. Anyone who needs a liver and wants one, should get one.

I think the question should be: Should we support the efforts being made these days, to get the cloning of organs, working flawlessly.
If we could clone organs as easily as we xerox a letter, then the questions of who should get the organs, becomes moot.

No one should have to do the deciding on who should receive an organ transplant.

I'm a firm believer in the fact, that many of the problems, issues, questions, etc., that we face in the world today, exist because we continue to ask the wrong questions.

For example...should we or should we not abort babies (for any reason) is NOT the right question.
The RIGHT question is should we or should we not fvck, if we are not prepared to assume full responsibility for the child that is created.

/e

You're still fairly young. Things get far more complex, the older you get.
What's next, should we let blue eyed people exist? They can't help what color their eyes are either.
What about Muslims, or Christians, or Jews, should we let them exist.

It's no one's RIGHT to decide that.

So blue eyed people damage society and ruins as many lives as much as active pedophiles?
If I ever run in to Zak, ill make it my right to decide that.

e/ and I agree with you on the whole not having sex unless youre ready and capable of supporting a child, though many people would disagree with that fundamentally because we're naturally driven to have sex. Its instinctive. Almost like, an addiction????????????????????????????? (But some people choose to not have unprotected sex anyways)

This post was edited by ChronFather420 on Jun 14 2017 01:12am
Gold: 10,655.00
Jun 14 2017 01:16am
Quote (ChronFather420 @ Jun 14 2017 02:09am)
So blue eyed people damage society and ruins as many lives as much as active pedophiles?
If I ever run in to Zak, ill make it my right to decide that.

My point was...

Take the liver issue...it's far simpler.

It's NO ONE'S right to make those kinds of decisions.
However, it is the right of everyone to decide where the grant money goes. Should it go to non-necessary plastic surgery science, or should it go to organ cloning science.
If movie stars and swocialites didn't get that facelift, or those botox treatments, it wouldn't hurt anyone.
Whereas, not having enough livers for the demand, does hurt thousands of folks.

It's all in asking the right questions. Not beating to death the wrong questions.
Jun 14 2017 01:19am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 14 2017 01:16am)
My point was...

Take the liver issue...it's far simpler.

It's NO ONE'S right to make those kinds of decisions.
However, it is the right of everyone to decide where the grant money goes. Should it go to non-necessary plastic surgery science, or should it go to organ cloning science.
If movie stars and swocialites didn't get that facelift, or those botox treatments, it wouldn't hurt anyone.
Whereas, not having enough livers for the demand, does hurt thousands of folks.

It's all in asking the right questions. Not beating to death the wrong questions.

People decide who lives and who dies every day. Politicians especially. Why/how is this different?
Gold: 10,655.00
Jun 14 2017 01:26am
Quote (ChronFather420 @ Jun 14 2017 02:19am)
People decide who lives and who dies every day. Politicians especially. Why/how is this different?

It's not. I'm an atheist and even I believe that no one on this planet should be able to make those decisions.

The only reason those decisions do happen all the time, is because put the wrong issue up on the block for those decisions.
Gold: 10.77
Jun 14 2017 06:24am
Do people who have unwed sex and contract a form of Hepatitis deserve treatment? Do school children who willfully play with their sick friends deserve to be treated? Do car drivers deserve treatment when they cause an accident?

The answer is no. If these people were responsible nobody would need treatment. Only pure people deserve treatment.
Gold: 2,570.91
Jun 14 2017 06:30am
Quote (inkanddagger @ 14 Jun 2017 14:24)
Do people who have unwed sex and contract a form of Hepatitis deserve treatment? Do school children who willfully play with their sick friends deserve to be treated? Do car drivers deserve treatment when they cause an accident?

The answer is no. If these people were responsible nobody would need treatment. Only pure people deserve treatment.

To me the point where you draw the line is when the doctor tells you to stop doing something.

Say you're a smoker. The doctor would tell you about the dangers of smoking and tell you to drop it. If you carry on acting irresponsibly then you should be set on low priority when health problems arise. Ideally though, the health system will offer you a process to "cure you" from your addiction... not sure how that works in the US where you have to pay for your health... but should you refuse that rehab or carry on self destructing yourself, then you lose your priority rights.
Gold: 500.00
Jun 14 2017 07:48am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 14 2017 02:03am)
What's next, should we let blue eyed people exist? They can't help what color their eyes are either.
What about Muslims, or Christians, or Jews, should we let them exist.

It's no one's RIGHT to decide that.

whoa, whoa, how did we get here from liver transplants?
Jun 14 2017 08:54am
Quote (duffman316 @ Jun 14 2017 07:48am)
whoa, whoa, how did we get here from liver transplants?

It evolved from the discussion of addiction, and whether or not they have a choice to act on their impulses or if theyre completely unable to exhibit free will.
This led to talk about pedophiles and whether or not they should be held accountable.
I believe they should be burned alive.
Ghot doesnt think anybody should be able to choose who lives or dies, even pedos who rape children.
And then he compared killing pedos to killing people with blue eyes.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 14 2017 08:56am
Quote (ChronFather420 @ 14 Jun 2017 15:54)
It evolved from the discussion of addiction, and whether or not they have a choice to act on their impulses or if theyre completely unable to exhibit free will.
This led to talk about pedophiles and whether or not they should be held accountable.
Ghot doesnt think anybody should be able to choose who lives or dies, even pedos who rape children.

how about forcing fatties to not eat by jailing them, or simply; euthanasia ?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 14 2017 04:27pm
Quote (ChronFather420 @ Jun 14 2017 09:54am)

burned alive for a disorder they didn't have a choice in?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev110111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll