d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 9 2017 06:00pm
The fear of death coupled with a strong need of "conformity" yep.
Btw young people believe in more in the existence of hell than old ones (that believe more in heaven).
The deception is real.

Gold: 2.66
Jun 10 2017 11:05am
Because most people don't have an independent mind. A person with that limitation is easily manipulated. The keyword is manipulation. Since man existed there were highly intelligent and highly aware people ruling over the rest of the population. All around the world, there are societies ruled by some kind of manipulation. You may call it christianity, islam, hinduism etc. However, they all are designed to manipulate people to think a certain way. The Invention of Lying is a movie that perfectly illustrates the art of manipulation. How else will you get people to build cities, drive school buses, and work in mcdonalds? You do it by manipulation. You tell them if they don't make that money, then they can't pay their bills and provide for their family. You tell them that their survival depends on money. The manipulators of religion tell the people you need God. In reality, we don't need money and we don't need god. But they are never going to tell us that.

Note: I'm aware that the world is run by money. And that it seems to be fact that we need money to survive and/or live comfortably. However, the world is like that because collectively people believe money has value. Similarly how so many people believe there to be a man in the sky. We can accept that lie and it becomes our delusion.

This post was edited by Malignanttumor666 on Jun 10 2017 11:07am
Gold: 9,121.00
Jun 10 2017 11:25am
Noticing a trend of opinionated non-believers telling us why some believe.

If i didn't believe in God the primary reason i would think people believed is because it's tough to accept our finitude.

In the past i know that many believed in deities because they couldn't explain certain events so they came up with gods to explain many things.

It's hard to articulate why i believe because it's so many different aspects that come together to form the basis of my belief and i'm sure to miss some and give an incomplete answer. I believe because a world without cause is unbelievable to me (considering everything has a cause). I believe because i'v tried hedonism, materialism, and other pursuits of life and felt like something is missing. I believe because an existence without a meaning in the grand scheme of things is depressing & unacceptable. I don't believe i'm here by chance, nor do i believe i'm the product of some random chemical elements coming together in a soup and forming a self aware species like the homo sapien. The complexity, perfection & order of our universe & how every thing comes together seems outlandish to have happened by random chance.

More importantly i believe because i'v witnessed the power of God. I'v witnessed the power of prayer in my personal life and how it gets answered. I look at the world and see God's handy work everywhere in every intricate little detail.
Gold: Locked
Jun 10 2017 12:00pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 10 2017 10:25am)
Noticing a trend of opinionated non-believers telling us why some believe.

If i didn't believe in God the primary reason i would think people believed is because it's tough to accept our finitude.

In the past i know that many believed in deities because they couldn't explain certain events so they came up with gods to explain many things.

It's hard to articulate why i believe because it's so many different aspects that come together to form the basis of my belief and i'm sure to miss some and give an incomplete answer. I believe because a world without cause is unbelievable to me (considering everything has a cause). I believe because i'v tried hedonism, materialism, and other pursuits of life and felt like something is missing. I believe because an existence without a meaning in the grand scheme of things is depressing & unacceptable. I don't believe i'm here by chance, nor do i believe i'm the product of some random chemical elements coming together in a soup and forming a self aware species like the homo sapien. The complexity, perfection & order of our universe & how every thing comes together seems outlandish to have happened by random chance.

More importantly i believe because i'v witnessed the power of God. I'v witnessed the power of prayer in my personal life and how it gets answered. I look at the world and see God's handy work everywhere in every intricate little detail.

I still don't have a pony.
Gold: 9,121.00
Jun 10 2017 12:04pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jun 10 2017 11:00am)
I still don't have a pony.

It's because you don't believe.
Gold: 9.00
Jun 10 2017 01:04pm
Because the world is good. Yes it is, and you can change your life by turning to God and live morally. Everything is beautiful and perfect, but our actions make it seem like it is not.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 10 2017 01:09pm
Quote (Tjo @ 10 Jun 2017 20:04)
Because the world is good. Yes it is, and you can change your life by turning to God and live morally. Everything is beautiful and perfect, but our actions make it seem like it is not.

you got proofs of this shit ?

Jun 10 2017 01:19pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jun 10 2017 09:09pm)

xD

No proof sorry.
Gold: 117.00
Jun 11 2017 12:48am
I got circumstantial proof that there's something they're not telling us.
Jun 11 2017 02:36am
Quote (Ulfus @ Jun 11 2017 08:48am)
I got circumstantial proof that there's something they're not telling us.

and "they" are who?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll