d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Need Quick English Help Regarding Resume/cv > Undergraduate? Majoring At? What Title?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 82,143.75
Jun 7 2017 03:00pm
Hello!

I'm not a native speaker and I need help with a simple question.
I'm currently attending my last year at my civil engineering degree (5 years) and I'm applying for a job. They required me to submit a resume in english.

How should I "title" myself in the resume? What's the correct form? I'm googling for over 15 minutes and no luck..

Should it be:
Jacob Potato
Civil Engineering Undergraduate

or

Jacob Potato
Majoring in/at(?) Civil Engineering

or something else?

TL;DR: What title do I put for myself, as I'm in the last year of my current college graduation course.

Thanks a ton and have a good day all of you!

This post was edited by jacob1818 on Jun 7 2017 03:01pm
Gold: 6,723.69
Jun 8 2017 02:50am
I would personally opt for not mentioning your title. If I were reading that letter, it would just tell me "Oh, he hasn't finished school yet. So much for his flexibility. Next."
Later on in your resume you'll mention your education and it'll say something like "2014 - 2017 (ongoing) / bachelor of engineering / civil engineering".

I organized my own CV with: general information (name, date of birth bla bla); profile (main qualities are this and that, main affinities are in this and that field, this helps me to do this and that); education (Year / Location of education / degree / major), certification (both related to your major and unrelated ones, i.e. a course in excel, a course in motivational interviewing, whatever); work experience (year / company / title / what you were actually doing); relevant skills (knowledgeable in language A and B, profound in the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, basic skills in C++, and so on)
Gold: 1,251.00
Jun 11 2017 07:50pm
Quote (Forg0tten @ Jun 8 2017 03:50am)
I would personally opt for not mentioning your title. If I were reading that letter, it would just tell me "Oh, he hasn't finished school yet. So much for his flexibility. Next."
Later on in your resume you'll mention your education and it'll say something like "2014 - 2017 (ongoing) / bachelor of engineering / civil engineering".

I organized my own CV with: general information (name, date of birth bla bla); profile (main qualities are this and that, main affinities are in this and that field, this helps me to do this and that); education (Year / Location of education / degree / major), certification (both related to your major and unrelated ones, i.e. a course in excel, a course in motivational interviewing, whatever); work experience (year / company / title / what you were actually doing); relevant skills (knowledgeable in language A and B, profound in the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, basic skills in C++, and so on)

I would agree with this. If you havent graduated yet then you are not technically an engineer per say. I am a civil engineer as well and I would simple write my name, address, etc at the top and then list all my qualifications starting with education, then onto job experience, and finally relevant skills.
Gold: 9,970.00
Jun 14 2017 11:51pm
Quote (jacob1818 @ Jun 7 2017 05:00pm)
Hello!

I'm not a native speaker and I need help with a simple question.
I'm currently attending my last year at my civil engineering degree (5 years) and I'm applying for a job. They required me to submit a resume in english.

How should I "title" myself in the resume? What's the correct form? I'm googling for over 15 minutes and no luck..

Should it be:
Jacob Potato
Civil Engineering Undergraduate

or

Jacob Potato
Majoring in/at(?) Civil Engineering

or something else?

TL;DR: What title do I put for myself, as I'm in the last year of my current college graduation course.

Thanks a ton and have a good day all of you!

Just refer to yourself using your name only. The company hiring you will be able to infer you have (or will soon have) the necessary credentials to work for them in the capacity they are seeking. You don't need to talk about engineering specifically unless it is under the education section or if you received any engineering awards relevant to the position you are applying for.
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll