d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > First Serious Breakup
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 520.00
Aug 31 2017 12:17am
Sup bro, been a while since I talked to you.

I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years about 4 years ago and have been single ever since. I learned a lot about myself. The biggest thing I overcame was my mindset in and around relationships. I guess you could say I became more jaded about them overall but as a side effect less needy which made me more attractive to other women because of that. Your first "love" is always going to be special and you will have new relationships that will be different than that experience - not worse or better but different.

Being single is horrifying in that you feel like you are alone but also exciting because you get to rediscover who you are without the identity crutch that was your significant other. You're forced to confront who you are as an individual.

As for how long it took me to 'get over' her I would say it was almost a year and a half before I felt really ready to get out there again. I used that time to hit the gym and work on myself and my social skills before braving the dating scene. Some people are much faster at doing that than others and can also depend on your ability to meet and seduce women which I was a complete novice at around the time we split up. I don't know how true it is but I've read anecdotal comments that it takes a few months for every year you were together to get over it.

Today I look back at the mistakes I made in that relationship and think how needy and jealous I was and how I never want to be that person again. I would hugely recommend that you take a human sexuality course at the college level which really helped me to understand the mindset behind successful relationships. Pce~
Gold: 2,900.49
Aug 31 2017 12:37am
Got a text from her the other day but I just blocked her number, didn't respond. Back on the wagon, so to speak.
Aug 31 2017 12:39am
Quote (2Cb @ Aug 31 2017 06:17am)
Sup bro, been a while since I talked to you.

I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years about 4 years ago and have been single ever since. I learned a lot about myself. The biggest thing I overcame was my mindset in and around relationships. I guess you could say I became more jaded about them overall but as a side effect less needy which made me more attractive to other women because of that. Your first "love" is always going to be special and you will have new relationships that will be different than that experience - not worse or better but different.

Being single is horrifying in that you feel like you are alone but also exciting because you get to rediscover who you are without the identity crutch that was your significant other. You're forced to confront who you are as an individual.

As for how long it took me to 'get over' her I would say it was almost a year and a half before I felt really ready to get out there again. I used that time to hit the gym and work on myself and my social skills before braving the dating scene. Some people are much faster at doing that than others and can also depend on your ability to meet and seduce women which I was a complete novice at around the time we split up. I don't know how true it is but I've read anecdotal comments that it takes a few months for every year you were together to get over it.

Today I look back at the mistakes I made in that relationship and think how needy and jealous I was and how I never want to be that person again. I would hugely recommend that you take a human sexuality course at the college level which really helped me to understand the mindset behind successful relationships. Pce~

Didn't see this post.

Thanks for posting, always good to see someone reel away from something negative, or at lust painful, in a constructive manner. I've been focusing on myself since we broke up too and have done a great deal towards gettig myself in better shape and whatnot. I've gotten a lot of attention from women in a positive way since I started having pretty noticeable results so I'm enjoying that but the solidarity of my lifestyle is killing me. I just want someone to hang out with, talk to, have sex with, blah, blah, blah.

All the women I've tried to hang out with since have been flaky as fuck lol.
Gold: 838.00
Oct 26 2017 07:44pm
Quote (Bootyscrumtious @ Jun 16 2017 02:38am)
Here are some of my advice:

Delete her from all social media. Out of sight, out of mind.

Hang out with your friends. Being around other people will help. If you need someone to talk to or vent, make sure you have friends who are just down to listen.

Go travel for a little bit or longer if you can. Know that you will be OK by yourself.

Try dating apps. Tinder, Bumble, Coffee Meets Bagel, whatever floats your boat...

This. I was in the same boat about a year ago. I lived with her for about as long as you. It will be hard for a while, and even removing her from all social media, you will reminisce. It will be hard to control. But be patient and like this says, get yourself out there and occupied (stay busy)!
Oct 27 2017 05:00am
Quote (DatNiggaCuber @ Oct 27 2017 01:44am)
This. I was in the same boat about a year ago. I lived with her for about as long as you. It will be hard for a while, and even removing her from all social media, you will reminisce. It will be hard to control. But be patient and like this says, get yourself out there and occupied (stay busy)!

Thanks friend.

My biggest problem now is that the women I express interest in are flakey as fuck lol. I have high standards so I don't get attracted to women too frequently, at least not enough to reach out to them, and when I do I either get nowhere or outright flaked on :/.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll