d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Diet Advice
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 30 2017 07:45am
Quote (Alake @ May 29 2017 07:17pm)
im stuggling with knowing what to eat and how much of it.

atm ive been eating a lot of nuts/celery/bananas and a meal type of thing like pork chops.

i find that im always extremely hungry after eating these thing.

i find myself resorting to stuff like pb&j sandwich's or other 'filling' items.

what could i eat that would be filling and would be nutritious?

mind you i do not have much money as i am on disability.

thanks.

(if you wondering what my day to day is like it is: generally just stay home on computer and ive started to go to the gym to do cardio and i swim on saturdays.)

Base your meals on this.

Serving of lean protein
Serving of carbs "sweet potato, rice etc"
Lots of veg

Snack on high protein snacks in between like yogurt or almonds

E: and don't be afraid to lift weights. If you need pointers, ask someone at your gym. You'd be surprised how much people like helping

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on May 30 2017 07:47am
Gold: 364.69
Warn: 30%
May 31 2017 10:09am
Quote (Alake @ May 30 2017 08:41am)
eat till im sick

Red flag!
Gold: 0.73
May 31 2017 05:56pm
Literally as far as snacks, if you have to ask if you should be eating it, don't eat it.
Peanut butter on toast
Assorted nuts (or whatever, straight almonds can get expensive)
Fruits
Yogurts
Oatmeal
Sandwich (basic lunch meat, cheese, tomatoes. - avoid heavy mayo etc)

You don't need to eat until you're full, you just need to make sure you're eating properly.
If you start getting hungry snack on carrots or celery. Then occupy yourself on something that you can't eat while doing.
Gold: 95.40
Warn: 30%
May 31 2017 07:20pm
I got some usefull info from this thread thanks everyone.

Any of you ever had a meal plan? Like a 3 week cycle of 3 different planned meals....like 7 days of a certain lunch then switch?
Gold: 145,337.69
Jun 17 2017 08:25am
ty everyone for the suggestions and tips. it is helping.

i have another problem. whenever i have a bad migraine i cannot prepare food for myself to eat, i generally in the past just ate some pizza pockets or frozen pizza or lasagna.

i need to find something that i can just microwave or throw in the oven with little to no pre-prep.

for my last few bad migraines i had chilli frozen (was really healthy) but i have run out of that and would prefer not to have to eat the same thing anytime i have a bad migraine.

any suggestions on something i can cook/buy right now and freeze?

Quote (StealthGodx @ May 31 2017 07:20pm)
I got some usefull info from this thread thanks everyone.

Any of you ever had a meal plan? Like a 3 week cycle of 3 different planned meals....like 7 days of a certain lunch then switch?

Bump for this guys question too.

Gold: 2,407.00
Jun 17 2017 08:36am
Quote (Alake @ Jun 17 2017 09:25am)

i have another problem. whenever i have a bad migraine i cannot prepare food for myself to eat, i generally in the past just ate some pizza pockets or frozen pizza or lasagna.

i need to find something that i can just microwave or throw in the oven with little to no pre-prep.

for my last few bad migraines i had chilli frozen (was really healthy) but i have run out of that and would prefer not to have to eat the same thing anytime i have a bad migraine.

Cooking up a bunch of chicken, rice, and vegetables once a week and freezing them is very easy, cheap, and healthy.

/e also if you're headaches are really that debilitating see a doctor. That's not normal.

This post was edited by Mastersam93 on Jun 17 2017 08:36am
Jun 17 2017 10:06am
Quote (Mastersam93 @ Jun 17 2017 08:36am)
Cooking up a bunch of chicken, rice, and vegetables once a week and freezing them is very easy, cheap, and healthy.

/e also if you're headaches are really that debilitating see a doctor. That's not normal.

as in my other posts ive addressed my migraines.

ive been seeing doctors since 2007 for them (i was 10) and now have them 24/7

been in the wait que for calgary headache clinic (best headache place in my area) for 2 years now and its still another 3-4 months of wait.

then i get to set up an appointment for in the future. (prob take another 2 months +
Gold: 0.00
Jun 17 2017 10:06am
Quote (Alake @ Jun 17 2017 02:25pm)

A lot of headaches are caused by poor diet or poor lifestyles. When you commit to a change, you'll notice you're feeling 10 fold better..

Learn to meal prep and treat your body like a fucking prized possession instead of throwing god knows what down your face hole.
Jun 17 2017 10:09am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jun 17 2017 10:06am)
A lot of headaches are caused by poor diet or poor lifestyles. When you commit to a change, you'll notice you're feeling 10 fold better..

Learn to meal prep and treat your body like a fucking prized possession instead of throwing god knows what down your face hole.

in the past ive tried dieting for my migraines which it didnt help but i had felt better like energy wise.

now im just doing it because its the only thing i can really control in my life.

feels good to do something decent too.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll