d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Solo'ing Suggestion Only > Does Not Effect / Affect Group Play
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 20.73
May 29 2017 10:53am
Solo isn't hard. Just play.
Gold: 79,066.03
May 29 2017 11:18am
Quote (Swiper @ May 29 2017 11:53am)
Solo isn't hard. Just play.

Not everyone has godly gear and unspawns to solo with. I find soloing generally unappealing and not fun even though I have some nice gear. I wish it was more appealing so that I could play and mq solo in ~2 hours or less.
Gold: 136,035.88
Trader: Trusted
May 29 2017 11:44am
Quote (hasteful @ 29 May 2017 18:18)
Not everyone has godly gear and unspawns to solo with. I find soloing generally unappealing and not fun even though I have some nice gear. I wish it was more appealing so that I could play and mq solo in ~2 hours or less.

I would like it if the fastest solo mq would be like 1,5 hours or so..
with a warlock i could maybe do 2,5 hours if i eat alot of fish.. so if there was a 50% exp boost for solo, the time would be reduced to 1 hour 40

4 hours it would end up at 2hours 40
8 hours would end up at 5hours 20
Gold: 612.80
May 29 2017 02:47pm
I really don't think it should be a big deal that soloing isn't 2 hours
I have nice gear and I still don't do a solo session in one sitting... I split it up into 2 days usually; sometimes even more depending how long I can spend at the comp

[edit] I see the good intentions behind the suggestion, although I feel that it was way over thought and should be a bit more simplified than this

This post was edited by Lpot on May 29 2017 02:53pm
Gold: 455.69
May 29 2017 03:19pm
Nope, I'd suggest the opposite. Allow new characters to disable that shit and even better, allow players to choose the maximum amount of monsters they want to encounter in solo (would not affect ep's)
Gold: 8,700.23
May 30 2017 12:24am
Quote (SCXiao @ May 30 2017 10:19am)
Nope, I'd suggest the opposite. Allow new characters to disable that shit and even better, allow players to choose the maximum amount of monsters they want to encounter in solo (would not affect ep's)

This can also be applied, I use to do my own solo catacombs when there wan't a limit on how many monsters spawned. Note: only did this with +max life gear and on Softcore because death means nothing.

Quote (RistVaLL @ May 30 2017 03:37am)
ANyhow, idk why anyone would only want to find max 1 ep?
If you solo you either do it for prof or thinking that you can find better items solo.

So why only 1 ep? I would want a minimum of 2 eps if I solo..

I think that solo needs a buf so more ppl find it more rewarding doing solo
Also alot of ppl are sick of waiting for groups so they just start solo and pick up randoms along the way, if you had only options to go as solo or group it kinda fucks up the whole purpose imo. Sure I do understand what you want with this, but I dont understand why ppl would want the "newbie-system" when they solo instead of something harder / more rewarding.

I thought of this because of Heal Mastery nerf and Monster Abilities update, especially Slugslider when he can spawn more, there are also times when he is teamed up with those that immobilise your actions including to leave the catacombs. It becomes a nuisance, especially when I tried to well a level 55 item and a Slugslider spawned and my gear was insufficient to kill all 9 in time to reap any reward, thus having to leave game.

I do want things to buff up solo'ing, it takes me around 11 hours to go from 1-71 with semi reasonable gear and knowledge of the game itself, so when people that have no items, currency or knowledge of the game, it could be useful. Note: useful.

As for all other comments made, all good.

The simplified idea I suppose can be implemented in the game settings to either turn it on if wanted. If people want to solo and get in fillers, then they don't need to turn it on. Simple.

EDIT: Please note that my timezone and amount playerbase makes it near impossible for me to get into groups playing Hardcore.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on May 30 2017 12:35am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll