d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Where Do I Start? > Motivation Is Here!
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 27 2017 01:41am
So I am currently 6"5, 165lbs. About 6 months ago I moved and went from 600' elevation to about 4600' elevation with 10x worse air quality. Everything here sucked so I kinda gave up on working out and I really feel like I've hit rock bottom...

I've always been skinny, but fit cardio wise until then so I really feel like shit now. I'm really hoping y'all can help build me a work out plan or something because I lose motivation really quickly if I don't have guidelines or something to working off of.

My goals: To get bigger mass wise and not have toothpick legs + fill out my chest.

Supplements: 1x day men's multivitamin, Iron supplement.

Diet: just... Eh.... I kinda stopped eating a lot tbh since I haven't been active, but otherwise oatmeal / spinach salad / shrimp n rice.

I have access to multiple gyms / centers and machines 24/7 which is good because my job unfortunately requires me to work from 8am -> 8pm sitting in a chair only getting up to use the restroom.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. Hopefully this will get me on the right track!
May 27 2017 01:43am
Gold: 21.80
May 27 2017 02:28am
You'd probably make a beast of a middle distance runner 800-3200 meters. With your increased elevation you will certainly benefit from high altitude training.

But if you want to put on muscle just eat a lot more (preferably healthy meals) and go with about half a gram to a gram of protein per pound of body weight per day. If just gaining mass is your goal you should get a blender and use this recipe; handful of spinach/kale, 1cup of oats, cup of mixed frozen fruits, couple scoops of whey protein and or casein protein, raw eggs (wash/scrub the shell first) 1 fresh banana, and a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter or almond butter. Add water or milk to blend.

Note; you don't have to use raw eggs or even use them at all. If you want a safer alternative to raw eggs you can buy liquid egg whites and you wont have to worry about getting salmonella, or as aforementioned you don't need eggs at all.

As far as a workout routine would go I would search bodybuilding.com for a beginner's muscle/mass building plan. You should start slow and progress in time.

A routine that worked well for me when I wanted to gain muscle mass was working out 4 days a week-

Day 1 - Chest / Triceps - Bench press 4 sets 12 reps. Incline bench press 4 sets 12 reps. Dumbell chest flies- 4 sets 12 reps. 4 sets of 10-20 pushups til fatigue. Dips 4 x sets of whatever you can do. Tricep pulldowns 4 sets 12 reps. Skull crushers 4 sets 12 reps

Day 2 Rest

Day 3 - Biceps / Back - Pull ups wide grip multiple sets. Dumbell rows 4 sets 12 reps. Seated rows 4 sets 12 reps. extra wide grip barbell pulldowns 4 sets 12 reps Biceps - Multiple different

Day 4- Rest

Day 5- Shoulders / Abs - Dumbell shoulder press 4 sets 12 reps, shrugs 4 sets 20 reps (always felt that shrugs could be higher reps) Arnold shoulder dumbell press 4 sets 12 reps ab machine crunches, planks

Day 6 -Leg day Squats/Leg press/Leg extension/Leg curls/ (usually the hardest day if you do it right)

Day 7 - Rest

Rinse and repeat this cycle for 2 months and know that if you stick to this plan you will get stronger. As you progress in strength and start to notice your body becoming stronger you can increase the weights a bit and drop the reps a bit. Eventually you will be using much heavier weights for fewer reps and building your muscles even more (IE: 6 reps instead of 12 and 5-6 sets instead of 4)

Remember that eating healthy is important and eating more is key to building muscle/mass. I strongly recommend adding a cardio routine to your plans as it is good for everyone.

Good luck m8! I wish u luck on ur journey. :thumbsup:

This post was edited by FLegend on May 27 2017 02:33am
May 27 2017 02:35am
Quote (FLegend @ May 27 2017 10:28am)
You'd probably make a beast of a middle distance runner 800-3200 meters. With your increased elevation you will certainly benefit from high altitude training.

But if you want to put on muscle just eat a lot more (preferably healthy meals) and go with about half a gram to a gram of protein per pound of body weight per day. If just gaining mass is your goal you should get a blender and use this recipe; handful of spinach/kale, 1cup of oats, cup of mixed frozen fruits, couple scoops of whey protein and or casein protein, raw eggs (wash/scrub the shell first) 1 fresh banana, and a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter or almond butter. Add water or milk to blend.

Note; you don't have to use raw eggs or even use them at all. If you want a safer alternative to eggs you can buy liquid egg whites and you wont have to worry about getting salmonella

As far as a workout routine would go I would search bodybuilding.com for a beginner's muscle/mass building plan. You should start slow and progress in time.

A routine that worked well for me when I wanted to gain muscle mass was working out 4 days a week-

Day 1 - Chest / Triceps - Bench press 4 sets 12 reps. Incline bench press 4 sets 12 reps. Dumbell chest flies- 4 sets 12 reps. 4 sets of 10-20 pushups til fatigue. Dips 4 x sets of whatever you can do. Tricep pulldowns 4 sets 12 reps. Skull crushers 4 sets 12 reps

Day 2 Rest

Day 3 - Biceps / Back - Pull ups wide grip multiple sets. Dumbell rows 4 sets 12 reps. Seated rows 4 sets 12 reps. extra wide grip barbell pulldowns 4 sets 12 reps Biceps - Multiple different

Day 4- Rest

Day 5- Shoulders / Abs - Dumbell shoulder press 4 sets 12 reps, shrugs 4 sets 20 reps (always felt that shrugs could be higher reps) Arnold shoulder dumbell press 4 sets 12 reps ab machine crunches, planks

Day 6 -Leg day Squats/Leg press/Leg extension/Leg curls/ (usually the hardest day if you do it right)

Day 7 - Rest

Rinse and repeat this cycle for 2 months and know that if you stick to this plan you will get stronger. As you progress in strength and start to notice your body becoming stronger you can increase the weights a bit and drop the reps a bit. Eventually you will be using much heavier weights for fewer reps and building your muscles even more (IE: 6 reps instead of 12 and 5-6 sets instead of 4)

Remember that eating healthy is important and eating more is key to building muscle/mass. I strongly recommend adding a cardio routine to your plans as it is good for everyone.

Good luck m8! I wish u luck on ur journey. :thumbsup:

Thanks man! I really appreciate it! I cleaned my fridge out earlier today, so I'll go ahead and start meal planning tomorrow. For the weights Is it kind of whatever I can do to accomplish the reps?

This post was edited by FzFroGG on May 27 2017 02:40am
Gold: 21.80
May 27 2017 02:51am
Quote (FzFroGG @ May 27 2017 08:35am)
Thanks man! I really appreciate it! I cleaned my fridge out earlier today, so I'll go ahead and start meal planning tomorrow. For the weights Is it kind of whatever I can do to accomplish the reps?

You want to be able to do multiple sets of multiple different exercises that work the same muscles in different ways for that day. You will want to be nearly fatigued by the last reps on the last set but if you're just starting out you shouldn't overdo it. Easing into it will give you a stronger mental push for slower gains which will last longer. If you really want to burn out and feel like your muscles are on fire at the end of your workout just hit all the exercises again ONCE and burn them out on this last set. As aforementioned m8 start slowly with lower weights don't try to push weights you cant handle yet because it could lead to you giving up or even and injury.

Push yourself, but at first learn the exercises with lower weights/higher reps m8. Find weights you can do 4 sets of 12-15 reps to start where on the last set your muscles are feeling tired.

Over time you will get stronger and you can use heavier weights for lower reps.

May 27 2017 08:03am
6'5"
Solid starting point
Looks young

Eat till you puke and lift heavy shit.
May 27 2017 04:00pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 27 2017 04:03pm)
6'5"
Solid starting point
Looks young

Notes taken
Gold: 570.00
May 27 2017 04:48pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 27 2017 09:03am)
6'5"
Solid starting point
Looks young

maybe not still you puke and I wouldn't eat so much so that you gain a substantial amount of fat, but I would indeed start a clean bulking diet, and hop on a powerlifting program as well to get yourself a good lifting base

you could look very very good and scary to manlets with that height

just hop on jooce brah
become a monstah
May 27 2017 04:57pm
Maybe focus on the workouts at first. Go slow and learn. Learn every damn thing about it. Get a good plan from Raynor and start looking up techniques. Don't go ham with the weights. Injuries will follow.

Keep tabs on your weights and enjoy the progress - notebook or smartphone. That'll be your motivation. Once you get the gist of it and motivated enough start focusing on eating. Starting out you'll progress nicely either way as long as you eat when you're a bit empty. The strict dieting may be too demotivational.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll