d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The 200 Fcr Sorc > For Fire And Light - Remastered Version
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.84
Warn: 10%
May 25 2017 10:18am

Intro:
Remastered version of old post, more detailed setups for ladder and nonladder.

Even though i dont feel the need to say it, but this is of course a Vita build. ES on 200 fcr is a big waste.
In the guide, I will be working with the high-end gear. But i will also explain how to build this sorc a bit cheaper in the last chapter.
The main difference between the two will be str on helms and amus.
This guide will work for both light and fire sorcs. The only difference will be element on your skillers and that light has one more possible setup with Griffons.
You will always have atleast 86% fhr with 142% fhr option
You will mainly be on 200% fcr with 105% fcr for maxblock.
This mainly a sorc for svs, but she can also pefrom well vs other classes.
Keep in mind, this is not a cheap build and will require time and a big amount of fg to complete

1. Equipment
2. Stats
2. Skilling
3. Setups explained
4. Extra notes

1. Equipment

Armors:
Skin of the Vipermagi 35/13 – You want to socket this with 20 life 15 all resist jewel OR a rare jewel with following mods: 7 fhr/str/all resist/cold resist. Ideal would be 7fhr 9 str 10 all res 40 cold resist.
Twitchthroe – You want to socket this with 7 fhr 15 all resist magic jewel OR 7 fhr 9 str 9 dex (incase you need str for Stormshield on maxblock, and you are lacking a few dex points for 75% block)
Belts:
Arach – 1 sk 20 fcr – No other option here
Verdungo for maxblock setup

Shields:
You want to have 3 shields here:
1. Spirit monarch 35 fcr (Note: even if you use Spirit of Phoenix, your bo spirit must still have 35 fcr for your cold res setup)
2. Spirit of Phoenix 35 fcr – Incase that you can’t get this, you will need a random spirit for BO
3. Stormshield socket with ELD rune

Boots:
Best option:
30 frw/10 fhr/dex/30+ cold/fire/light resist
The dex is a must here, unless you want extra pair for maxblock setup, which will cost you 4 slots in stash. We don’t want that of course, as we are going to stash a lot of swap items.
You can also add Aldur’s boots versus fire element here. It gives us nice 40 frw, 50 life and 50 fire resist. Keep in mind you will lose the 10 fhr from the rare boots, and you will have to replace that in inventory with 1x fhr sk or 2x 5 fhr 5 all resist scs.

Amulets:
1. 2 sorc 20 fcr 30 str 60 life
2. 2 sorc 20 fcr 30 str 20 dex
These are of course perfect stats, try to get as close to these stats as possible.

Weapons:
1. Hoto
2. Spirit 35% fcr in CS
3. CTA for bo
4. Wizzardspike with 15 all resist -15 requirements jewel

Gloves:
1. Magefist
2. Trang-Oul’s gloves

Rings:
You have two options here for main rings.
1. 10 fcr/str/life/all resist (perfect would be craft 10 fcr 25 str 60 life 11 all resist)
2. 10 fcr/str/life/single cold and light resist (perfect would be craft 10 fcr 25 str 60 life 30 cold/light resist)
I prefer single high cold resist on one and single high light resist on the other. Why not fire resist? You will already have 90 fire resist from inventory, 40 from hoto, 50 from Vipermagi (if 20/15 jool) and 30+ from boots. This is a total of 210 fire resist, which is more than enough to reach even 95% fire resist on hell if that’s the case, since you never see a fire soso running around in Blood Moor with infi as main weapon.
You will also need a Raven Frost for maxblock. It gives us 20 dex and Cannot be frozen mod, which is very nice to have.

Helms:

You will need 5 helms in total without Spirit of Phoenix (incase youre on ladder without hybrids)
1. 2 sorc/30 frw/20 fcr/str/maybe res add 2 soc (socket this with 2x 20 life 15 all resist jewels or dual JAH)
2. 2 sorc/20 fcr/str/life/cold resist 2 soc (socket this with 2x 20 life 30 cold resist jewels)
3. 2 sorc/20 fcr/str/life/fire resist 2 soc (socket this with 2x VEX runes)
4. 2 sorc/30 frw/20 fcr/str/light resist 2 soc (socket this with 2x LO runes)
5. 2 sorc/20 fcr/str/dex 2 soc (socket this with 1x SHAEL rune and 1x 7 fhr 15 all resist magic jewel or rare jewel 7 fhr/9 str/9 dex/res, incase you need str for Stormshield on maxblock, and you are lacking a few dex points for 75% block)

You will need 4 helms in total with Spirit of Phoenix (best setup)
1. 2 sorc/20 fcr/str/life/all res or fire res (socket this with 2x 20 life 15 all res jewels or dual JAH)
2. 2 sorc/20 fcr/frw/str/light resist 2 soc (socket this with 1x LO rune and 1x 20 life 30 light res jewel)
3. 2 sorc 20 fcr/str/life/cold resist (socket this with 2x 20 life 30 cold resist jewels)
4. 2 sorc/20 fcr/str/dex 2 soc (socket this with 1x SHAEL rune and 1x 7 fhr 15 all resist magic jewel or rare jewel 7 fhr/9 str/9 dex/res, incase you need str for Stormshield on maxblock, and you are lacking a few dex points for 75% block)

Perfect stats for each mod: 30 str/60 life/40 single resist/20 dex/20 all resist
You want to have at least 20 str on your cold/fire/light resist helms. Keep in mind that when you stat your str, you must stat it wearing the helm with lowest str on it, to make it possible to swap around.
You also want to have atleast 30 cold resist on your cr helm.

Inventory:
8x fire/light 45 life
1x fire/light 12 fhr
8x 20 life 5 all resist scs
2x 5 fhr 5 all resist scs
Anni 20/20/x
Sorc Torch 20/20
(Note if you use fhr jool in viper, you can remove 1x sc from here. Remember to keep a 12 fhr skiller in stash incase you want to swap to Aldurs boots)

2. Stats

You want to take your swap helm with lowest str on while doing this, to make sure you can swap around freely.
This is a no token required build.

Str: Just enough to wear your shield on main setup.
Dex: Nothing, you will reach maxblock without it
Vita: Rest goes here
Energy: Nothing, this is a vita sorc

3. Skilling

For fire sorc:
1 point in every cold armor
1 point in Teleport
1 point in Thunderstorm
1 point in Lightning Mastery
1 point in Warmth
1 point in Hydra
Max Fire Bolt
Max Fire Ball
Max Meteor
Max Fire Mastery

With this i still have 6 skill points left at level 96. Some people put them into Hydra. Some people put them into Thunderstorm.
If you dont use Hydra much (which you should, it ignores cc/ww block and breaks fhr sometimes), you should put the rest of your points into Thunderstorm

For light sorc:
1 point in every cold armor
1 point into Warmth
1 point into Teleport
1 point into Thunderstorm
Max Charged Bolt
Max Chain Lightning
Max Lightning
Max Lightning Mastery
Max Nova
This requires lvl 99 to finish.

3. Setups explained

Without Spirit of Phoenix:

Versus fire:
Put on dual VEX helm
Put on Aldur's Advance Battle Boots (for more frw, life and fire resist) - Optional
Swap 1x light 45 life skiller with the 1x light FHR skiller to keep the FHR breakpoint - Optional

Versus light:
Put on your frw helm with dual LO rune
Why frw here? Helps you wsg better when needed (e.g trappers)

Versus cold:
Put on the helm with 2x 20 life 30 cold resist jewels
Put on Trang-Oul's Claws for 30 more cold resist
Put on Wizzardspike if they are giving you a hard time - Optional

Versus All (hdins, dudu, bone necros etc):
You put on your frw helm with either 2x 20 life 15 all resist or dual JAH rune. This will give you maximum life when needed instead of max % res

With Spirit of Phoenix:

Versus fire:
Put on dual JAH/20 life 15 all res helm on
Put on Aldur's Advance Battle Boots (for more frw, life and fire resist) - Optional
Swap 1x light 45 life skiller with the 1x light FHR skiller to keep the FHR breakpoint - Optional

Versus light:
Put on your frw helm with LO rune and 20 life 30 light res jewel on.
Why frw here? Helps you wsg better when needed (e.g trappers)

Versus cold:
Put on the helm with 2x 20 life 30 cold resist jewels
Put on Trang-Oul's Claws for 30 more cold resist
Put on your spirit from bo slot (must be 35 fcr as listed) for more res
Put on Wizzardspike if they are giving you a hard time - Optional

Versus All (hdins, dudu, bone necros etc):
You put on your helm with either 2x 20 life 15 all resist or dual JAH rune. This will give you maximum life when needed instead of max % res

For maxblock:
You switch your main amulet with the str/dex one
You switch 1x fcr ring with Raven Frost
You switch Vipermagi with Twitchthroe
You switch your main shield out with Stormshield
You switch Arach with Verdungo
With this setup, you will reach 105% fcr, 86% fhr, 75% block, 50% damage reduce.
You will do around 18k dmg (fire) and 40k (light) and have around 3k-3.2k life. Without this setup, vita sorcs will be trashed against most melee classes. Unless you are aiming for 20 minute duels. I havent tested out maxblock with light sorc yet, so i cant tell you about the dmg here.

For 142% fhr:
You switch Hoto out with Spirit sword.
Why not 142% fhr on main setup? You don’t always need the extra fhr frame, and this will cost you a lot of life. Therefore, Spirit sword is the best option here.

On all other setups, you will reach 200% fcr, 86% fhr, 21k dmg, around 3,3-3,9k life. For light you will have 41-43k dmg.
You will have over 200 fire resist, over 300 light resist and over 400 cold resist.

4. Extra notes

I won’t write strategy guides, since I don’t feel like I should tell anyone how to play their char.

Why Hoto and not Eschuta?
Eschuta can be effective in svs, if you have the right jools.
I would try to get 3x eschutas and socket them with the following jewels:
7 fhr 8 life 10 all res 40 fire res
7 fhr 8 life 10 all res 40 light res
7 fhr 8 life 10 all res 40 cold res

But this means you need more space in stash, since you will need hoto for maxblock (10 dex), which we dont have.
You also lose 20 rep life along with OAK - a very very helpfull creature in svs.
I personally dont use OAK vs blizz sorcs as it makes it easier to get locked, but they help alot in shootouts vs fire and light.
They sometimes tank invisible fireballs for you and increases your life. Most loyal pet of all time.

If you want a cheap version of this build, you will ignore str on swap helms and amulet (but not on maxblock, you still need to cover 20 str lost for Raven Frost)
A good example of this, is my old light sorc on Ladder.
I built her without maxblock though. This is what the cheaper, but still very effective build would look like:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=75881681
And my old ladder fire sorc (with maxblock):
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=75318991

Best example is my current sorc Natalia, follows the guide perfectly.
Picture of all setups and stats can be seen here:

https://img2.picload.org/image/rccgicrl/adam.png

I hope you would find this guide helpful and enjoy sorcs just like I do. Within GM rules, this is a GG sorc, even for sorc vs all. You still want to avoid good built/played nado druids and trappers. These will forever be sorc antichars. You can use Verdungo and Stormshield for 50% dmg reduction vs nados (and Spirit sword to maintain fhr frame), but you will lose your high fcr frame.

Best regards
Asbeihi
Gold: 24,309.00
May 25 2017 10:20am
SEXY !!! EEYES !!!

EDIT: Good Guide

This post was edited by EuroPolita on May 25 2017 10:22am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 25 2017 10:23am
Sticky already and replace these old guides.
Already like the old one but the improvements are nice.

Gold: 85.00
May 25 2017 10:25am
Realy good Job :thumbsup: very explicite . Deserve to be sticky !
Gold: 46,098.37
May 25 2017 10:26am
nothing to add

gj brother
Gold: 6.00
May 25 2017 10:52am
ten/ten guiden almost all explained

regards:eL Patron
Gold: 88,618.00
May 25 2017 11:00am
solit gait
Gold: 25.84
Warn: 10%
May 25 2017 11:01am
Quote (tlan @ 25 May 2017 18:52)

Quote (EuroPolita @ 25 May 2017 18:20)
SEXY !!! EEYES !!!

EDIT: Good Guide

Thank you! Im happy you liked it

Quote (Kidoo @ 25 May 2017 18:23)
Sticky already and replace these old guides.
Already like the old one but the improvements are nice.

Well the old one kinda lacked a section with and without SOP
And for some reason i didnt list frw helm on light setup.
Also i discuss hoto vs eschuta in last part now.
There is other minor fixes

Quote (PanDoRaArG @ 25 May 2017 18:25)
Realy good Job :thumbsup: very explicite . Deserve to be sticky !

Thanks bro! Could try to get it sticked

Quote (Gismoboobs @ 25 May 2017 18:26)
nothing to add

gj brother

Ty sorca brotha

Quote (tlan @ 25 May 2017 18:52)

im very honored ty eL Patron
i still have pms

Quote (m4o @ 25 May 2017 19:00)
solit gait