d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > My Progress Thread
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 145,337.69
May 25 2017 09:46am
So I bought a gym membership and hopefully it goes well.

I'm thinking I'm good to stick to cardio (bikes and possibly treadmills) for the meantime until I have built up a little muscle and 'endurance'.

As of right now I do not feel comfortable posting a picture of myself.

Height: 6ft
Current weight: 330lbs
Highest weight: 335lbs

My goals:

My short term goal is to get to below 300 pounds by my birthday (3 months)

My long term goal is to get to 200 pounds, this has always been my dream weight of where I think I would feel good and look good.

I Plan to update the thread with my likes/dislikes exercise wise.

If you have any advice feel free to post.

Thanks.
Gold: 15,461.01
May 25 2017 03:49pm
Dont rush it, 30 pounds is a lot but doable. Stick to your long-term goals and never quit. Good luck!
Gold: 371.00
May 25 2017 10:04pm
Gold: 570.00
May 26 2017 02:49am
May 26 2017 05:03am
Quote (LoQ @ May 25 2017 03:49pm)
Dont rush it, 30 pounds is a lot but doable. Stick to your long-term goals and never quit. Good luck!

thanks man

so day 1: (yesterday) i went and walked for 20 mins and walked half a mile before i had to leave (i wasnt tired i just have an ankle thing that i need to strengthen/get used to).

day 2: (today) i went in and walked 65% of a mile in 20 minutes but again i wasnt tired but i had to stop.

i need to find an exercise that wont have a possibility of hurting my neck but i wont have to really use my legs on as my ankle thing.

any suggestions?
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2017 06:54am
Quote (Alake @ May 26 2017 11:03am)
thanks man

so day 1: (yesterday) i went and walked for 20 mins and walked half a mile before i had to leave (i wasnt tired i just have an ankle thing that i need to strengthen/get used to).

day 2: (today) i went in and walked 65% of a mile in 20 minutes but again i wasnt tired but i had to stop.

i need to find an exercise that wont have a possibility of hurting my neck but i wont have to really use my legs on as my ankle thing.

any suggestions?

What's your ankle "thing"? And what's wrong with your neck? If you use proper form and take your time progressing, you won't have to worry about injuries.

And I'd try hitting the elliptical or an airdyne bike if the impact on a treadmill is too much.

Gold: 6,723.69
May 26 2017 09:36am
Agree with the above, it may be more suitable for you at this point in time to cycle. As per KNGF Guidelines (my country's national physiotherapy network) to lose weight one has to combine cardiac exercises with strength exercises. (keep in mind the 24-48h rest muscles need depending on your strength exercises, so you'll have to set up a bit of a scheme of you're going down this path).
Please watch this video of a man who lost a great deal of bodily functions but was able to regain it with hard work. It motivated me, I'm sure it'll motivate others.

I'm interested in hearing more about your neck and ankle. Best of luck!

Rik
May 26 2017 10:18am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 26 2017 06:54am)
What's your ankle "thing"? And what's wrong with your neck? If you use proper form and take your time progressing, you won't have to worry about injuries.

And I'd try hitting the elliptical or an airdyne bike if the impact on a treadmill is too much.

i have upper body pain that doctors dont know what it is but as for my neck, it suffers from that pain but as well as the pain i have an enlarged and swollen lymph node in my neck that pushes on my nerves and doing activity with it or the muscles near it enflame it.

im going to see a surgeon some time in the future about it but that time is unknown.

as for my ankle, back in elementary school i strained my ankle really badly and doctors said it would of been better if i had broken it from all the damage it had caused.

so to this day if i am walking after about 15 minutes or so (it gets better with my strengthening it to a point) i have to stop from the pain raidiating from my ankle down into my foot and up to my knee.

Quote (Forg0tten @ May 26 2017 09:36am)
Agree with the above, it may be more suitable for you at this point in time to cycle. As per KNGF Guidelines (my country's national physiotherapy network) to lose weight one has to combine cardiac exercises with strength exercises. (keep in mind the 24-48h rest muscles need depending on your strength exercises, so you'll have to set up a bit of a scheme of you're going down this path).
Please watch this video of a man who lost a great deal of bodily functions but was able to regain it with hard work. It motivated me, I'm sure it'll motivate others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

I'm interested in hearing more about your neck and ankle. Best of luck!

Rik

i have see that guys story and it is incredible. the fact that someone can get through that is truly amazing.

there are cycles at the place that im going to but i need to just start gradually with what i am doing or it hurt my neck, the reason the treadmill is good is that i can keep my posture straight which doesnt bother my neck.

with exercising i am hoping my neck pain lessens but i do not know.

look above for ankle thing
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2017 10:24am
Quote (Alake @ May 26 2017 04:18pm)
i have upper body pain that doctors dont know what it is but as for my neck, it suffers from that pain but as well as the pain i have an enlarged and swollen lymph node in my neck that pushes on my nerves and doing activity with it or the muscles near it enflame it.

im going to see a surgeon some time in the future about it but that time is unknown.

as for my ankle, back in elementary school i strained my ankle really badly and doctors said it would of been better if i had broken it from all the damage it had caused.

so to this day if i am walking after about 15 minutes or so (it gets better with my strengthening it to a point) i have to stop from the pain raidiating from my ankle down into my foot and up to my knee.

i have see that guys story and it is incredible. the fact that someone can get through that is truly amazing.

there are cycles at the place that im going to but i need to just start gradually with what i am doing or it hurt my neck, the reason the treadmill is good is that i can keep my posture straight which doesnt bother my neck.

with exercising i am hoping my neck pain lessens but i do not know.

look above for ankle thing

For the upper body pains.. when I was 300+ lbs, my upper body would ache too. Because I was carrying so much excess weight.. As for the thyroid and nerve issues, do some moderate exercises and take an NSAID afterwards, you'll be aight.

And for the ankle, check out Squat university on YouTube and look up ankle mobility. He has some videos for people with limited joint mobility "me" and stretches that will eventually work flexibility into your ankles. You don't 'shouldnt' have bone spurs since it was a soft tissue injury.. So start rolling out your calves on a dense foam roller and start doing the stretches mentioned in the video.

Speaking from experience, when you're fat literally EVERY physical movement is made more complicated and difficult.. As you push through the pain and discomfort, it will get easier and easier.
May 26 2017 10:28am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 26 2017 10:24am)
For the upper body pains.. when I was 300+ lbs, my upper body would ache too. Because I was carrying so much excess weight.. As for the thyroid and nerve issues, do some moderate exercises and take an NSAID afterwards, you'll be aight.

And for the ankle, check out Squat university on YouTube and look up ankle mobility. He has some videos for people with limited joint mobility "me" and stretches that will eventually work flexibility into your ankles. You don't 'shouldnt' have bone spurs since it was a soft tissue injury.. So start rolling out your calves on a dense foam roller and start doing the stretches mentioned in the video.

Speaking from experience, when you're fat literally EVERY physical movement is made more complicated and difficult.. As you push through the pain and discomfort, it will get easier and easier.

the problem is ive had pains like this since before i was fat, my right arm started extremely hurting when i was in elementary school and other pain came shortly after and has gotten worse through the years.

arthritis really runs through my family so its most likely some form of that that i have but i dont know.

a doctor i used to see said that she thought i had some form of arthritis but i stopped seeing her as she associated everything with my weight.

i will check out the videos, ty :)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll