d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > The Summer Transfer Window 2017
Prev14950515253136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 4,043.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 22 2017 04:13am
Quote (excellence @ Jun 22 2017 12:57am)
this is obvious, but who?
An old FM legend with more natural talent than Neuer.
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 22 2017 10:12am
Quote (fender @ 22 Jun 2017 05:44)
i'm not commenting on that until it's official, don't wanna jinx it.

confirmed ^^
not bad
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jun 22 2017 02:51pm
Quote (ampoo @ 22 Jun 2017 17:12)
confirmed ^^
not bad

yep. overall i'm happy about the signing but i won't deny it has downsides.

positive:
- immediate quality boost on a position we certainly struggled on. the danish goalie we signed (lössl) to replace karius wasn't up to the task, and neither was huth, the young german talent who played solidly but wasn't able to save us any points...
- he will be able to stabilise our defense with his experience and leadership and help to develop our young goalkeeper talent.

negative:
- despite costing us no transgfer fee and despite significantly cutting back from his hamburg salary, he will still be amongst the top earners in our squad - a 32 year old goalkeeper...
- this signing is a clear break from our usual philosophy of signing and developing young talent, i can only hope that the special circumstances and the unique position of a goalkeeper within the squad means the club stays with what made us so successful (by our standards only ofc) over the years. i would hate to see us going down the road of signing names over chemistry and potential, thus messing up the whole team structure and philosophy

again, if those downsides can be avoided, it's an excellent signing. one that certainly surprised me even though i consider myself relatively well informed when it comes to my favourite team...
Gold: 2.00
Jun 22 2017 03:35pm
Quote (fender @ 22 Jun 2017 21:51)

positive:
- immediate quality boost on a position we certainly struggled on. the danish goalie we signed (lössl) to replace karius wasn't up to the task, and neither was huth, the young german talent who played solidly but wasn't able to save us any points...
- he will be able to stabilise our defense with his experience and leadership and help to develop our young goalkeeper talent.

negative:
- despite costing us no transgfer fee and despite significantly cutting back from his hamburg salary, he will still be amongst the top earners in our squad - a 32 year old goalkeeper...
- this signing is a clear break from our usual philosophy of signing and developing young talent, i can only hope that the special circumstances and the unique position of a goalkeeper within the squad means the club stays with what made us so successful (by our standards only ofc) over the years. i would hate to see us going down the road of signing names over chemistry and potential, thus messing up the whole team structure and philosophy

again, if those downsides can be avoided, it's an excellent signing. one that certainly surprised me even though i consider myself relatively well informed when it comes to my favourite team...

I haven't heard anything about Bussmann (Besides him extending his contract) in months. How is he doing?
Jun 22 2017 04:25pm
Quote (fender @ 22 Jun 2017 22:51)

positive:

negative:

i wouldnt go that far, its only one player after all and while i like the philosophy of your club one should not forget that having a few veterans in the team is important to survive in the league
really nice signing out of nowhere, i am sure he will save some points for you
Jun 22 2017 05:18pm
Quote (DoWN_DeaTH @ 22 Jun 2017 22:35)
I haven't heard anything about Bussmann (Besides him extending his contract) in months. How is he doing?

man that's a tough one. even though he's been in the club for almost 2 years now, i'm still somewhat undecided on him to be completely honest. also, he was injured for major parts of the second half of last season (maybe that's why we were so bad then? no, just kidding, sorry). a short description of him would be "solid but a bit uninspired, especially offensively".

don't get me wrong, he's one of our 3 best fullbacks. amongst them, i personally rate brosinski, who can play both wings, over the other two - on either side.

bussmann, who as you know is a pure left back, is a more defensive minded option, so i guess it's somewhat depending on the opponent and situation if i'd choose him to play or not.

our third fullback, donati, is basically the polar opposite of bussmann, not only because he's basically a pure right back, but also in his whole demeanor: explosive, volatile at times, wears his heart on the sleeve, and he has that (imo somewhat ambiguous) alexis sanchez "quality" of running after the ball like a puppy - that also includes letting the fans see and know how much he works for the club, even if it's just ineffective running that can sometimes even backfire tactically. it made him somewhat of a fan favourite though, i won't deny that...

well, you asked about bussmann and i end up describing him as the opposite of another player i was able to find words for, that could tell you something as well... still glad to have him. good guy, tactically solid, not very error prone, and a hard worker...

Quote (ampoo @ 22 Jun 2017 23:25)
i wouldnt go that far, its only one player after all and while i like the philosophy of your club one should not forget that having a few veterans in the team is important to survive in the league
really nice signing out of nowhere, i am sure he will save some points for you

very true, it's just i'm a bit concerned that with a new management there will be a new philosophy (although schröder clearly stated he will generally be staying on course), and our veterans are usually club veterans or relatively unknown solid players from 2nd tier leagues...
still, i'm happy with the signing knowing he's an immediate improvement of quality for us...

This post was edited by fender on Jun 22 2017 05:38pm
Gold: 645.00
Jun 24 2017 01:51am
Some PSV updates. We are going quite strong. We sold Hector Moreno to AS Roma, as far as I know we don't get a replacement because youth player Jordy de Wijs is going to get a chance as far as the media knows.
Then we have bought the young Mexican Hirving Lozano, I havent seen that much of him but he seems to be of great skill and class. And we needed some creativity on the wings.
We also have signed Mauro JR (bra), he is 18 and will be playing in "jong PSV"

Then there are the rumors. Willems is linked to Galatasaray and a few unnamed French Clubs.
Guardado might be sold to MLS but then he will go in januari. (perosnally I don't mind, he wasn't as impactful last season and he plays to many games for his body so he isn't 100% every game wich is too bad) also we have Hendrix to replace him, might not be equally experianced but he makes up for that by working at least 150% as hard.

Luuk de Jong might go, allthough I doubt that given the season he has had.
There is some interst in Gaston pereiro (i hope he stays and gets placed behind the strikers where he belongs)
There is talk that we will be buying van Ginkel which would be nice.
Propper is possibly gone, allthough it's quiet around him at the moment.
Santiago Arias seems to be on his way out aswell, well deserved if you asked me. He always gave everything and he seems ready.

But I'm happy as things are turning out, to be fair allthough PSV doens't have the money to compete with big clubs, it still has a good name in South America to get some youngsters on board. I.E Mauro JR names the Brazillian greats with ease in an interview also a few other players. Not bad that we still have a name a long way from home.
Gold: 2,570.91
Jun 24 2017 09:51am
I used to really like Adler and I thought he'd become one of the best keepers in the world... shame his career never took off.

Well, maybe it's not too late and he makes a come back in Mainz, good luck to him ^^
Jun 24 2017 09:52am
Quote (zarkadon @ 24 Jun 2017 17:51)
I used to really like Adler and I thought he'd become one of the best keepers in the world... shame his career never took off.

Well, maybe it's not too late and he makes a come back in Mainz, good luck to him ^^

well, he was stopped by injuries mostly

i am sure that he would have been in the bayern jersey instead of neuer, if he had not missed the 2010 wc
Jun 24 2017 10:00am
Quote (ampoo @ 24 Jun 2017 16:52)
well, he was stopped by injuries mostly

i am sure that he would have been in the bayern jersey instead of neuer, if he had not missed the 2010 wc

iirc, before the 2010 wc i personally even rated him over neuer and wanted him to be our #1 gk (not 100% sure though). however, it was not ONLY injuries that made the difference in the end, neuer kept improving steadily, was more consistent, and his way of interpreting his role as gk (manu the libero) was just a perfect fit for our team. adler had a couple of very mediocre seasons, not only plagued by injuries, but also by significant individual mistakes...
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev14950515253136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll