d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Psuedoscientists Should Be Shot > Serious/ Dark Humor
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.66
May 23 2017 01:45am
Quote (caswallen @ May 22 2017 11:53pm)
so you want people to think you are smart but avoid doing any kind of work to support your claim?

I do not care if the people think i am smart or not. I provided one good example and that is enough for now. Nowadays people can use google and get all the information they want. If they are lazy or don't care, then that is their problem.
Gold: 6,723.69
May 23 2017 06:03am
Nieuope. These scientists provide us with arguments that help us understand our models by strengthening them with new analyses. In english, if I have a model going for me, and you bring in a new fact that disputes this model, I'm going to investigate if this will indeed dispute the model. If so, then the model is changed to fit the new facts or the model is kept the same but now envelops the new fact that was presented. Thus having grown larger and more applicable than before.

Science is the acknowledgement that we know jack. Where could we possibly go to if everybody just blindly agrees on whatever model one person describes?

This post was edited by Forg0tten on May 23 2017 06:03am
Gold: 2.66
May 23 2017 01:34pm
Quote (Forg0tten @ May 23 2017 08:03am)
Nieuope. These scientists provide us with arguments that help us understand our models by strengthening them with new analyses. In english, if I have a model going for me, and you bring in a new fact that disputes this model, I'm going to investigate if this will indeed dispute the model. If so, then the model is changed to fit the new facts or the model is kept the same but now envelops the new fact that was presented. Thus having grown larger and more applicable than before.

That is pretty much science in a nutshell. I do not doubt your intelligence but even people that are intelligent can be manipulated by far greater intelligent people. And that is the notion that I'm bringing to the forums. Most people do not have the tools necessary to disprove these scientists that disinform the public; which makes it easier for them to become an authority figure, and most people obey authority. We are going exactly where they want us to go instead of going where we should.
Gold: 63,142.89
May 23 2017 02:09pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ May 22 2017 06:26am)
Fake scientists that purposefully disinform the masses should be shot in order to wound them so they suffer and think a little about what they have done. Then the next one should be to finish them off. Does anyone realize how much damage these people cause? And if it is not possible to humanely execute them, then they should at least be imprisoned for life. We need real scientists that care about improving the lives of everyone. I rather take mediocre scientist who gives a shit over a genious cynical prick any day. Because at the least the mediocre scientist can get better and would never put his or her interest above science. Unfortunately, you may have already met a person that fits the description of pseudoscientist. This person wore a white coat when he or she prescribed some kind of medication, and knew that it will not cure your illness, but prescribed it anyway to take a drug cut.

Note- I do not condone violence against people in anyway. Violent words were used to grab the reader's attention. Therefore, any violent words towards an individual should not be taken literally. In the event that the reader takes the violent words or dark humor literally and executed them on the basis of this post, then i take no responsibility for small minds making retarded choices also based upon their insecurities and hormone imbalance.

Who will be the judge of which pseudoscientist is guilty of purposeful disinformation?

Jenny McCarthy may wholeheartedly believe her anti-vacc philosophy and her message could be coming from a place of pure ignorance (not willful disinformation).

If we rely on the opinion of the society as a whole to judge which pseudoscentist is guilty of willful disinformation, then Galileo would have been shot for touting heliocentrism.

This post was edited by Kayeto on May 23 2017 02:26pm
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 23 2017 02:22pm
Quote (Forg0tten @ May 23 2017 02:03am)
Nieuope. These scientists provide us with arguments

I prefer actual tangible evidence of experiments and reasonable logic, not theoretical circle jerk hypocritical logic with blind faith to authority where conclusion are made for you.

Gold: 17,384.69
May 24 2017 06:34pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 23 May 2017 21:22)
I prefer actual tangible evidence of experiments and reasonable logic, not theoretical circle jerk hypocritical logic with blind faith to authority where conclusion are made for you.

by circle jerk, are you talking about the bunch of dangerous idiots using a computer or a phone to write scientists are scammers ?
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll