d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Bar & Pub Games Section Is Illegal
12Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 494,003.48
Warn: 60%
May 20 2017 10:34pm
My nephew bought with his mother's credit card £500 worth of forum gold and gambled all of them in less than one hour in that section. He is 12 years old!!!

It is illegal to allow gambling with currency worth real money on your forum, you should have a special license for this kind of stuff. Specially since we are talking about a general forum where you don't have to be over 18 years old and there is no age verification.

His mother will make a refund for the fg purchase and she will go to see a solicitor and see what legal action can be taken against the company/owner of this forum.

This forum should not tolerate gambling, specially since there is no minimum age required to join the forum.
In her name, i demand to close that subforum section or just make sure gambling is illegal and you will get banned if you gamble. That's at least you can do, before she will enforce the laws upon you.
Gold: 464.19
Gold: 18,139.06
May 20 2017 10:49pm
csb
May 20 2017 10:55pm
Quote (SCXiao @ May 21 2017 05:42am)

you can't enforce your terms and conditions if they are illegal. There are lots of precedents including the famous instagram "i have the right to sell all your photos" clause which turned to be illegal and was dropped.

Also please note that gambling should be forbidden by default, tolerating such stuff on your site should be a pretty obvious offense, in UK people could get prison time for illegal unlicensed gambling. Specially since minors are exposed to gambling and allowed to gamble without being asked for age.
This famous youtuber had a gambling site where he had no age verification and he barely avoided prison time by accepting to pay a hefty fine, him and his partner were sentenced to pay around £140k fines.

http://www.pcgamer.com/youtuber-avoids-prison-after-pleading-guilty-to-fifa-gambling-offences/

This post was edited by Lupshy on May 20 2017 10:57pm
Gold: 14.00
May 20 2017 11:03pm
Quote (Lupshy @ May 21 2017 12:34am)
My nephew bought with his mother's credit card £500 worth of forum gold and gambled all of them in less than one hour in that section. He is 12 years old!!!

It is illegal to allow gambling with currency worth real money on your forum, you should have a special license for this kind of stuff. Specially since we are talking about a general forum where you don't have to be over 18 years old and there is no age verification.

His mother will make a refund for the fg purchase and she will go to see a solicitor and see what legal action can be taken against the company/owner of this forum.

This forum should not tolerate gambling, specially since there is no minimum age required to join the forum.
In her name, i demand to close that subforum section or just make sure gambling is illegal and you will get banned if you gamble. That's at least you can do, before she will enforce the laws upon you.

How about take personal responsibility and not ruin something for everyone else because your brother/sister needs to be a better parent.

This post was edited by Stoneheart on May 20 2017 11:03pm
May 20 2017 11:06pm
Quote (Stoneheart @ May 21 2017 06:03am)
How about take personal responsibility and not ruin something for everyone else because your brother/sister needs to be a better parent.

How about everyone follows the laws and not blame someone they don't even know? Children are children, sometimes they don't know better and they can't be looked after 24/7.
I agree with you on the responsability part though, my sister will try to do her part about her son and use parental control software on her computers, and the owners of this site should take some responsability and do what he needs to be done before law enforcement will do their job adding a hefty fine and compensation he will have to pay. It's irresponsable to allow gambling on a gaming site which is targeted to children.

This post was edited by Lupshy on May 20 2017 11:07pm
Gold: 4,436.12
May 20 2017 11:09pm
Quote (Lupshy @ May 21 2017 12:34am)

I bet you hit or disciplined your child over this. This is your fault and the mothers. BE BETTER PARENTS, GET GOOD AT LIFE.
May 20 2017 11:14pm
Quote (phyah @ May 21 2017 06:09am)
I bet you hit or disciplined your child over this. This is your fault and the mothers. BE BETTER PARENTS, GET GOOD AT LIFE.

Look mate, it's just wrong to put the blame on me and/or his mother while ignoring the real problem which is this site who allows minors to gamble real money without license and age verification system. Specially when you make assumptions about what we did about this situation.
We did not phisically punished the child, we tried to make him understand he was wrong but i tell you what will happen for sure, this site will be taken to court and the owner will wish he did a better job at following the law and making a proper set of rules on his site.

This post was edited by Lupshy on May 20 2017 11:15pm
Gold: 1,001.25
Trader: Trusted
May 20 2017 11:18pm
Quote (SCXiao @ May 20 2017 11:42pm)

� 1.2. If you choose to use the Service, you will be agreeing to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You must agree to abide by all of the provisions in this Agreement in order to remain an authorized user of the Service and your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to abide by those provisions. You are solely responsible for your use of the Service and for ensuring that your use complies fully with the provisions of this Agreement.

--
Disclaimer of Warranties & Limitation of Liability

� 2.1. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER D2JSP, ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR CONTENTS OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIAL, POSTINGS, OR POSTING RESPONSES FOUND ON THE SERVICE, ANY MERCHANDISE OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR ANY LINKS TO OTHER SITES MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE.

� 2.2. THE SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT, MATERIAL, INFORMATION, POSTINGS, OR POSTING RESPONSES FOUND ON THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

� 2.3. IN NO EVENT WILL D2JSP (OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIAL, POSTINGS, OR POSTING RESPONSES ON THE SERVICE OR THE SERVICE ITSELF. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE PARTY LIABLE OR ALLEGEDLY LIABLE WAS ADVISED, HAD OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT KNEW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT D2JSP (AND ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS), IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER, INCLUDING YOU.

Indemnification

You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless d2jsp (and any of its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents, third party content providers, or licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents) from and against all claims, liability, and expenses, including attorneys' fees and legal fees and costs, arising out of your use of the Service or your breach of any provision of this Agreement. d2jsp reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You will cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim.

The blame is for the parents and the child. He should've known better than to steal a credit card and use money that isn't his. The parents should've taught him to ask and not take.

If he didn't gamble it, but still stole her card and purchased it to buy other stuff on here would you still be complaining and blaming the site?

Quote (Lupshy @ May 21 2017 12:14am)
Look mate, it's just wrong to put the blame on me and/or his mother while ignoring the real problem which is this site who allows minors to gamble real money without license and age verification system. Specially when you make assumptions about what we did about this situation.
We did not phisically punished the child, we tried to make him understand he was wrong but i tell you what will happen for sure, this site will be taken to court and the owner will wish he did a better job at following the law and making a proper set of rules on his site.

This website does not allow anyone to gamble with real money. D2jsp is not affiliated with any gambling institution/organization.

This post was edited by WGUS on May 20 2017 11:21pm
Gold: 18,139.06
May 20 2017 11:20pm
he's obviously spewing bullshit
it's a fake story to get attention
Go Back To General Help Topic List
12Next
Closed New Topic