d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Temporary Vit & Def Value Of Int > For Hc Solo
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,084.46
May 18 2017 08:27am
Me again! Now, with 2 questions regarding survival in HC. One is an objective mechanics questions, the other is more subjective regarding spending stat points.

1. Does temporary vitality (on equipment & glyphs) effect bonus life when you level?

2. Is there value in reallocating points from str/dex/vit into int purely for the magical defense bonus, playing solo HC? I haven't historically done this in solo SC, but I will have significantly less powerful gear, and I am a bit worried about to 50-71 portion of my lvling process. My intuition tells me that the life bonus from Vit will far outweigh the magic defense from Int.

TIA!
Gold: 122,921.40
Trader: Trusted
May 18 2017 08:36am
1. no. only hard point effect the life bonus
2. only vita and int add to the defence.. but i guess you will profit alot more from the vitality and the life that is added that way.. if you want to increase your magical defence then you should just go with ee leathers as they have more magical defence than scales for example
Gold: 464,105.17
May 18 2017 01:35pm
The majority of damage comes from melee so scales are really the best in my opinion.

Don't do int for defense. Vitality is all you need.

There's a balance between doing enough damage and staying alive. It's not uncommon to so full vitality builds for hardcore.

Vit from items won't give you life. So stat your vit and get your str and dex from gear
Gold: 1,084.46
May 18 2017 02:06pm
TY both for your help. :)
Gold: 8,888.88
May 18 2017 03:09pm
Actual hard points to intelligence and vitality increase your pool(s) and give you defense.

You need Strength or Dexterity items to increase your damage output outside of Enhanced Effect.

I solo hardcore all the time (used to everyday), I am a Guardian freak because of the Intelligence and Vitality being higher
than the rest of the other feeder classes, also, I prefer the healing aspect of this build as well to help with higher chances to
survive. Only problem is that this class has more restrictions than the rest. Lately I use base 90 vitality / 75 intelligence and
rest to damage stat dependent on weapon.

Go with what you prefer, but if I wasn't a Guardian, I would go with 75 minimum Vitality.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll