d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive > Delete Thread Button > Ya.
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,677.36
May 17 2017 11:00pm
i have made numerous threads for buying items in diablo 2, sometimes i get them, or change my mind later on about needing specific items because i change my idea on how to make my build.
so the old thread becomes not valid anymore.

i just want to be able to press a button, in my own thread that will send an "auto-close thread in ____ hours"
it can be delayed by a day, for example.. someone scams someone..
so there is time for people to talk in the thread and what not
edit history is kept, i am assuming, so you cant "Escape scamming someone" by editing your thread to say something different
people often edit their thread, and delete the content, then write "thread closed, T4T"
but after i dont know how long, you cant do that. so you have to post in it to say "i dont need this anymore"
then it bumps it up to the top of the list, then everyone sees it, and wastes their time reading it..

it also wastes peoples time searching.. they come across your thread, after a minute or two of reading what you have, they see the next post "sold that"
i just think we need to be able to have unlimited time to edit our threads? i dont know..
or atleast a "close thread, and archive" button
so its still there as proof the trade happened incase scammers and what not, but its no longer in the search feed wasting peoples time.
and so no one can post on it anymore, so its for sure "not a valid trade anymore"

i just want to close my old threads that i dont want open anymore, lol
Gold: 9,205.00
May 17 2017 11:13pm
You can just edit the thread accordingly.
It isn't as big of a problem as you make it sound like.

You also forgot the poll.
Banned
Gold: 101.00
Gold: 2,677.36
May 18 2017 01:30am
Quote (mon @ May 18 2017 12:58am)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=36011293&f=258&o=0
it's a privilege that staff have and it will probably stay that way too.

as of that thread... posted around 8 years ago.. postings suggestions is 100% useless.. The usual..
65 of 89 people said "yes we should be able to close our own threads"
73%..
not one shit was given.. still cant close our own threads.

*sighs*
Well. i put in my 2 cents.. it wasnt even worth 2 cents..
Back to trading on diablo 2.. and not caring about how much E-clutter jsp has.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 95.00
Trader: Trusted
May 18 2017 01:39am
This is a privilege that will forever remain a staff only feature.

In the future when posting a suggestion, please read the sticky first: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=57896631&f=258
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll