d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Call of Duty Series > Boosting Mwr
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
May 17 2017 09:28pm
Got a message that my account was undergoing maintenance, then 5 min later it said it was wiped clean and banned for 48 hours for boosting. Can Activision really check months back in game logs to see if you boosted? Lol, I think the only time I did that was to get some head shots for a shotgun when the game first came out, did nothing since then. This is actually my first night playing in about a month and a half.

Any ideas?
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 18 2017 12:22am
Yes. You could have pissed off someone, or a group of people and then they all had their friends report you. With enough reports, they will scan ALL your games for boosting/cheating etc... If guilty, you get banned like you did.

Don't cheat and it won't happen, or don't piss people off in game. If you're actually good at something, it's best to not ever cheat, since salty fucks will report you just for slamming them. I've been reported thousands of times in Halo/Cod but never received any punitive actions, because I've never cheated.
Gold: 2,420.00
May 18 2017 01:35am
btfo
May 18 2017 10:57am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 18 2017 01:22am)
Yes. You could have pissed off someone, or a group of people and then they all had their friends report you. With enough reports, they will scan ALL your games for boosting/cheating etc... If guilty, you get banned like you did.

Don't cheat and it won't happen, or don't piss people off in game. If you're actually good at something, it's best to not ever cheat, since salty fucks will report you just for slamming them. I've been reported thousands of times in Halo/Cod but never received any punitive actions, because I've never cheated.

Yeah, I don't cheat elsewise. The only thing I wanted was regal for the shotguns when the game first came out. Getting the last 30 headshots for the pump shotgun were a nightmare and I caved.

Makes sense I got reported, because 3 games in a row I went like 40+ kills and only like 5 deaths against the same clan and all the 14 year Olds did was scream in the mic about me cheating, camping, boosting, etc... when in reality they just sucked.

Oh well, the whole purpose of the game was for nostalgia, just sucks that I lost everything, because I just got done getting regal on snipers and lmgs the legit way lol
Gold: 0.37
May 18 2017 12:26pm
Seems surprising that it would happen for doing headshots. Nobody ever got banned for doing it in the cod4 days.
Gold: 250.00
May 18 2017 12:34pm
Quote (bradp89 @ May 18 2017 10:26am)
Seems surprising that it would happen for doing headshots. Nobody ever got banned for doing it in the cod4 days.

That's not true, I had a couple of friends who got reset for boosting back in the day. It was less common, but it's the same shit, if enough salty kids report you and you've ever boosted, they'll fuck you.

Shit blows really, boosting headshots isn't something someone should get in trouble for, I've always thought that was stupid. Oh no, you boosted for a skin, better fuck your entire account now. Who gives a shit?
May 18 2017 02:01pm
Quote (bradp89 @ May 18 2017 01:26pm)

I did it a lot on cod4 on 360 way back. Nothing ever happened. They rarerly banned for almost any mods or hacks on any cod from mw2 and earlier. Perfect example is mw2 prestige lobbies and the cold blooded glitch while shooting a helicopter down.

Main reason I stopped doing it in MWR is because the guy I did it with said 3 of his friends got banned from doing it a lot.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 18 2017 01:34pm)
That's not true, I had a couple of friends who got reset for boosting back in the day. It was less common, but it's the same shit, if enough salty kids report you and you've ever boosted, they'll fuck you.

Shit blows really, boosting headshots isn't something someone should get in trouble for, I've always thought that was stupid. Oh no, you boosted for a skin, better fuck your entire account now. Who gives a shit?

That's also another thing, the kids who play nowadays are just fucking awful people. I think the only times I've ever reported anyone was when there was clear proof they were hacking.

But seriously, if I had paid any amount of money (which I never do) for any of those care packages and shit, I'd be furious. Especially when you look at the leaderboard of any past CoD in existence and know for a fact that 90%+ of those people boosted to those stats.

I guess only thing I can do is keep playing and clearing games and hoping I can get more cry babies to report me for being better :)
Gold: 30.00
May 21 2017 08:54am
once a hacker always a hacker lol
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 22 2017 10:22am
Really depends, they also reset for spawn trapping.
May 22 2017 05:35pm
Quote (Noobalator @ May 22 2017 11:22am)
Really depends, they also reset for spawn trapping.

You serious? Are we talking corralling people in a general area and dominating them, or we talking about the bad spawns in MW3 where you could just sit there and watch them spawn and shoot if you had a good team?
Go Back To Call of Duty Series Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll