d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Aclu Says Trump Travel Ban Ok If Hillary Writes It > Bunch Of Amateurs
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,039.09
May 8 2017 06:54pm
wow this is a whopper LOL. unbelievable that lawyers are determining the constitutionality of these orders based on the politics of the person writing it. liberals have distorted the legal system more than i thought.

Code
ACLU Lawyer Omar Jadwat, arguing against President Trump’s travel ban before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals on Monday, admitted that the same exact travel ban “could be” constitutional if it were enacted by Hillary Clinton.

Jadwat argued that Trump’s campaign animus motivated the order, making it illegitimate. This claim was challenged by the Fourth Circuit’s Judge Paul Niemeyer.

“If a different candidate had won the election and then issued this order, I gather you wouldn’t have any problem with that?” Niemeyer asked.

Jadwat dodged on directly answering the question at first, but Niemeyer persisted, asking the question again.

Jadwat again tried to avoid the question, asking for clarification on the hypothetical, but Niemeyer once again demanded an answer.

“We have a candidate who won the presidency, some candidate other than President Trump won the presidency and then chose to issue this particular order, with whatever counsel he took,” Niemeyer said. “Do I understand that just in that circumstance, the executive order should be honored?”

“Yes, your honor, I think in that case, it could be constitutional,” Jadwat admitted.

Jadwat also denied that presidents’ actions should be nullified by campaign statements, despite the fact that his entire argument seemed to rest on that claim.

The ACLU lawyer also tried to claim that the order was illegitimate due to its being “unprecedented,” but this point also crumbled under a quick cross-examination.
Gold: 9.87
May 8 2017 07:10pm
And all you'll get here is snarky libs that think the same based on their groupthink talking points.
Gold: 68.00
Trader: Trusted
May 8 2017 07:13pm
Wow, lol. Not surprising.
Gold: 2,094.99
May 8 2017 07:14pm
But but but but but but it's illegal!! :cry: :baby: :cry:
Gold: 152.00
May 8 2017 07:26pm
And do you understand why he thinks that and have a rebuttal to that line of reasoning?
Gold: 0.00
May 8 2017 07:30pm
And this is how fake news is written guys.
Op either didn't listen to video in op, didn't understand its content or is just dishonest.

What he agreed to possibly be constitutional was a hypothetical situation in which a president issued that executive order after consultation with national security agencies who recommended that course of action as opposed to Trump who did it with the explicit opposition of those agencies.

As for his argument 'falling apart under cross-examination' it is impossible to judge as the video cuts before any 'cross-examination'.

This post was edited by Scaly on May 8 2017 07:31pm
May 8 2017 07:32pm
Quote (Scaly @ May 8 2017 09:30pm)
And this is how fake news is written guys.
Op either didn't listen to video in op, didn't understand its content or is just dishonest.

What he agreed to was a hypothetical situation in which a president issued that executive order after consultation with national security agencies who recommended that course of action as opposed to Trump who did it with the explicit opposition of those agencies.

As for his argument 'falling apart under cross-examination' it is impossible to judge as the video cuts before any 'cross-examination'.

“We have a candidate who won the presidency, some candidate other than President Trump won the presidency and then chose to issue this particular order, with whatever counsel he took,” Niemeyer said. “Do I understand that just in that circumstance, the executive order should be honored?”

“Yes, your honor, I think in that case, it could be constitutional,” Jadwat admitted.

come on man... don't sink that deep.
May 8 2017 07:33pm
Quote (Vincenzo @ 9 May 2017 01:32)

come on man... don't sink that deep.

Listen to the video. That quote is heavily paraphrased and taken way out of context.

Though pls note 'with whatever counsel he took'. The guy is clearly agreeing to a president working with expert counsel and not against it.

This post was edited by Scaly on May 8 2017 07:35pm
May 8 2017 07:33pm
Quote (Scaly @ May 8 2017 09:33pm)
Listen to the video. That quote is heavily paraphrased and taken way out of context.

I did. You sunk that deep :(

Quote (Scaly @ May 8 2017 09:33pm)

Though pls note 'with whatever counsel he took'. The guy is clearly agreeing to a president working with expert counsel and not against it.

And what did the judge say right after "with whatever counsel he took"?

This post was edited by Vincenzo on May 8 2017 07:37pm
May 8 2017 07:37pm
Quote (Vincenzo @ 9 May 2017 01:33)
I did. You sunk that deep :(

Whatever bud. If you're incapable of critical thinking and mitigation of your personal bias I can't convince you otherwise. Keep being a mindless ideologue if it makes you happy.

Those of us capable of intelligent, objective assessment are an endangered breed nowadays anyway.

This post was edited by Scaly on May 8 2017 07:39pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll