d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Now That 90 Days Have Passed Since The Travel Ban > We Can Conclude That It Was Meaningless
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
May 8 2017 06:20pm
Quote (zarkadon @ May 8 2017 05:49pm)
But imo a president has the duty of fulfilling his promises, even if they are bizarre.

The president first has an obligation not to do shitty illegal things. At least that's what conservatives tell me when Dems are in power...
Gold: 1.00
May 8 2017 06:29pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ May 8 2017 04:39pm)
Lolwut? the very fact that nothing happened during the proposed 90 days of the ban illustrates that it was meaningless, there's nothing impossible about it.

pretty much sums it up.. but evidently some people believe that 2 + 2 = 7

Quote (Goomshill @ May 8 2017 04:47pm)
Did anyone actually think that a 90 day visa restriction was supposed to have some significant impact?

uhh yeah, Donald Trump did.. or at least that is what he told everyone.. that if we did not enforce the travel ban immediately we would all suffer the consequences. We've now passed the 90 period that the travel ban would have been enforced, and just like the 40+ years prior, no one from any of the listed countries committed a terrorist attack in the US. Anyone who wouldn't have been coming into the country during that 90 period would be coming in now.. so basically we would have jeopardized our mission in Iraq for absolutely nothing

This post was edited by TCassa89 on May 8 2017 06:30pm
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
May 8 2017 07:10pm
What a fool, he needs to invest in some dinosaur repellent nunchucks, you're welcome btw
Gold: 68.00
Trader: Trusted
May 8 2017 07:21pm
I don't get it..

If the travel ban stopped something from happening (you wouldn't know), you say it didn't work.

If the travel ban caused a terrorist attack or some shit, you'd also say it didn't work.

No matter what, you're just a hater who will bash every Trump move, just like there were people who bashed every Obama move.

Good night.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
May 8 2017 07:22pm
Quote (Vincenzo @ May 8 2017 09:51pm)
I don't get it..

If the travel ban stopped something from happening (you wouldn't know), you say it didn't work.

If the travel ban caused a terrorist attack or some shit, you'd also say it didn't work.

No matter what, you're just a hater who will bash every Trump move, just like there were people who bashed every Obama move.

Good night.

I was about to debate your argument until i saw you are trusted tag, well put these guys are all sheep
Gold: 2,570.91
May 8 2017 07:38pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 9 May 2017 02:20)
The president first has an obligation not to do shitty illegal things. At least that's what conservatives tell me when Dems are in power...

But that's what the judges are for. The president does stuff, and it's up to the judges to decide if it's legal or not. If it isn't they block it and that's it, but a president should try to pass the laws he promises.
Gold: 260.11
May 8 2017 08:08pm
Quote (zarkadon @ May 8 2017 07:38pm)
But that's what the judges are for. The president does stuff, and it's up to the judges to decide if it's legal or not. If it isn't they block it and that's it, but a president should try to pass the laws he promises.

See, when Dems do that the Republicans throw a shit fit about dictatorships and other nonsense. They're strangely silent about Trump though....

I disagree with you though, his first responsibility is to uphold the constitution and stay in good faith with that oath.
Gold: 2,570.91
May 8 2017 08:27pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 9 May 2017 04:08)
See, when Dems do that the Republicans throw a shit fit about dictatorships and other nonsense. They're strangely silent about Trump though....

I disagree with you though, his first responsibility is to uphold the constitution and stay in good faith with that oath.

Well I'm not saying the republicans are any better or worse than the dems, hypocrisy is something I very much dislike, but it doesn't really change if something is right or wrong.

And while I do agree that the president should uphold the constitution, the constitution has some room for interpretation. If Trump truly believed that what he proposed wasn't contrary to the constitution, then he had the right to try. It wasn't crystal clear, I remember there being much of debate around it.
Gold: 1.00
May 8 2017 08:55pm
Quote (Vincenzo @ May 8 2017 06:21pm)
I don't get it..

Good night.

This isn't a hypothetical, we know for a fact there were no terrorist attacks from the listed countries within the 90 day period that the travel ban would have been in place. We also know that this travel ban was not coordinated or advised by national security experts, but was coordinated by a commission put together by Rudy Giuliani as a workaround to implementing something that resembled Trump's original campaign proposal of a Muslim ban. If anything it is the people who are defending the travel ban who are forming an opinion driven by zeal alone, and nothing else. The information speaks for itself, the travel ban was meaningless

This post was edited by TCassa89 on May 8 2017 08:57pm
Gold: 12,730.67
May 8 2017 09:00pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 8 2017 06:08pm)

Not sure what world you're living in, but Glenn Beck won't STFU.

Quote (TCassa89 @ May 8 2017 06:55pm)
This isn't a hypothetical, we know for a fact there were no terrorist attacks from the listed countries within the 90 day period that the travel ban would have been in place. We also know that this travel ban was not coordinated or advised by national security experts, but was coordinated by a commission put together by Rudy Giuliani as a workaround to implementing something that resembled Trump's original campaign proposal of a Muslim ban. If anything it is the people who are defending the travel ban who are forming an opinion driven by zeal alone, and nothing else. The information speaks for itself, the travel ban was meaningless

There could be sleepers.

This post was edited by thundercock on May 8 2017 09:01pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll