d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Quoted - Notification > Easy Add
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,000.00
Trader: Trusted
May 8 2017 03:44am
(bad picture, but this was what I was thinking could pop up somewhere)

When we get quoted it would be nice to know.

How about adding a notification system for this?

This would improve the communication between users of this board and also make it a lot easier to find back to a specific thread.

This board is for trading, but it has a huge potential to grow to more then just trading and gaming, this board is one of a kind and one of the last successfull selfgoing boards with good standards and good controll over the posts and users. We have a good system for finding out the reputations of different users and we got a good system to keep the statements and messages to a specific standard. Where else can you talk freely, unite passions, trade and be one step ahead of your fellow gamers? We can discuss, analyze and speculate just about anything regarding to gaming and also regarding to real life.

The pagerank system is old but we used to have PR 3, this is very high, but the lack of updates and rise of competitors will(would have) decraised the rank.

This suggestion should indeed improve the communications, the responsibilities behind a post and also the post count for the board.

There will never be a forum like this again, we need to cherish what we got. Todays forums are full of rss feeds and usually not very acceptable to different ideologies - in the way of living - and indirectly forces the users of the board to act and type in a specific way. Here we can act freely without any weight on our shoulders.

Internet is big, but everything you do will remain for 15 years up to the rest of your life. Here you have a good community and a kind + good management taking care of you and the board. I would say that the management of this board takes care of much more then you would imagine, even if it sometimes does not look like it... Even if they might not even realise it.

With my statement above, I would like to say that updating this site is not a waste of time, it is an investment. I see a lot of good suggestions beeing bumped for months up to years without results, my question is; Why?
Gold: 6,205.82
May 8 2017 08:26am
May 8 2017 11:26am
Quote (Sajage @ May 8 2017 07:26am)

This exist for a few users who use the instant messenger, how about the over two thousand other users who do not use the instant messenger?

The point with this suggestion is to make it easier to follow up on discussions, for everybody, not just the avrange thirteen users on the instant messenger.
Gold: 68.00
May 8 2017 11:28am
Quote (ium @ May 8 2017 01:26pm)
This exist for a few users who use the instant messenger, how about the over two thousand other users who do not use the instant messenger?

The point with this suggestion is to make it easier to follow up on discussions, for everybody, not just the avrange thirteen users on the instant messenger.

Quote (thread you didn't read)
This feature replaces the Instant Messenger with regards to getting instant notifications. It also greatly expands the feature-set to include subscribed topics, guild topics, and notifications when someone quotes you in a topic.

May 8 2017 11:44am
Quote (Vincenzo @ May 8 2017 10:28am)

I see it does indeed exist already!

But this isn't really what I was talking about, because I for an example do not get any notifications...

Just a regular oldschool notification tab which is active instantly in order to open up for more conversations, most people don't search for theese things!

Every single suggestion here is probably possible to adjust with different kind of webbrowser apps, does it make them bad?

You need to think in a more commercial way, most people aren't as hi-tech as you can think they are.

- This feature is currently only supported by Chrome and Firefox, v44+. This is a problem

More then 50% of the internet users theese days use a cellphone! Safari and other different browsers.

I wouldn't make this suggestion if I knew it already existed, yet I did! People obviously can't find this.

I do appreciate posts in here, maybe I am wrong? I just can't see it yet.

This post was edited by ium on May 8 2017 11:48am
Gold: 20,232.06
May 8 2017 11:49am
Quote (ium @ May 8 2017 12:44pm)
I see it does indeed exist already!

But this isn't really what I was talking about, because I for an example do not get any notifications...

Just a regular oldschool notification tab which is active instantly in order to open up for more conversations, most people don't search for theese things!

Every single suggestion here is probably possible to adjust with different kind of webbrowser apps, does it make them bad?

You need to think in a more commercial way, most people aren't as hi-tech as you can think they are.

- This feature is currently only supported by Chrome and Firefox, v44+. This is a problem

More then 50% of the internet users theese days use a cellphone! Safari and other different browsers.

it works on cellphones..

it's not worth their time to add support for random browsers maybe 1 person uses..
May 8 2017 12:04pm
Quote (Cheetos @ May 8 2017 10:49am)
it works on cellphones..

it's not worth their time to add support for random browsers maybe 1 person uses..

Would you say that this is a bad idea? I really can't see why...

Well, I am open for a no, but I don't think this is a bad idea, I just got this thread slammed in the first two posts, people won't see this thread with an open mind anymore.

I got the idea from a big board I was checking today, it was really really smooth and easy to follow up conversations!
Gold: 670.63
May 8 2017 01:08pm
I would say this is a decent idea, would be very useful.

Knowing messenger is there, but this would just be an extra service as stated,

dont see how it would be any harm at all, could see that its useful however.
Gold: 102,422.66
May 8 2017 01:23pm
Id like that!
Gold: 20,232.06
May 8 2017 03:28pm
Quote (ium @ May 8 2017 01:04pm)
Would you say that this is a bad idea? I really can't see why...

Well, I am open for a no, but I don't think this is a bad idea, I just got this thread slammed in the first two posts, people won't see this thread with an open mind anymore.

I got the idea from a big board I was checking today, it was really really smooth and easy to follow up conversations!

im not sure what you're suggesting is any different than push notifications

Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll