d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Does Australia Have Better Healthcare Than The Usa
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
May 8 2017 06:54am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ May 7 2017 11:30pm)
You're mistaken, she was one of the first people to push the idea in the states.

Alternatively, we could attempt to fix the reason so many people need healthcare, which is that medical expenses are stupidly high in this country. My last doctor's visit took about 15 minutes of a nurse practitioner saying "Yeah, that's probably a concussion. Yeah, you have micro-tears in your back. Here are painkillers you didn't ask for, that'll be $150." And that's with good insurance.

Instead of charging people $500 for an hour with the doctor and thinking we need insurance to cover it, maybe we should ask ourselves why an hour with a doctor costs $500.

A big reason is the massive risk to be a doctor, and I'm not referring to just frivolous lawsuites. The cheapest school I've found is 100k for in state. Some are 500k.

Also not enough medical schools since they are so expensive to open. Quality costs money unfortunately.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on May 8 2017 06:56am
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
May 8 2017 06:55am
They also have 1/15th the population
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
May 9 2017 07:35am
Australia has a significantly smaller poor population, as do Nordic countries, as does Canada. They're also far more homogeneous culturally and racially and religiously. This all helps immensely. The Hispanic and black population in America represents a large portion of the poor and a large portion of the population utilizing hospital services rather than primary care or outpatient care, particularly for treatment much more easily provided and less expensively provided in an outpatient setting.

Point being, it works better for other countries than the USA. Though I still support Obamacare for the most part.
Gold: 152.00
May 9 2017 10:00am
Quote (AspenSniper @ May 9 2017 09:35am)
Australia has a significantly smaller poor population, as do Nordic countries, as does Canada. They're also far more homogeneous culturally and racially and religiously. This all helps immensely. The Hispanic and black population in America represents a large portion of the poor and a large portion of the population utilizing hospital services rather than primary care or outpatient care, particularly for treatment much more easily provided and less expensively provided in an outpatient setting.

Point being, it works better for other countries than the USA. Though I still support Obamacare for the most part.

Australia is actually significantly less religiously homogeneous than the US.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll