d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Republicans Who Want To Cut Medicaid Are Wrong
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,720.48
May 5 2017 04:47pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ May 5 2017 05:01pm)
If you think billionaires and corporations aren't abusing corporate welfare, I've got a bridge to sell you. It's not just "the poor".

Corporate welfare is obviously fake news.
Gold: 0.00
May 6 2017 07:17pm
Quote (Skinned @ May 5 2017 11:27pm)
You have to find something life affirming. You have to find something greater than you, worth dying for. And you have to love your self, and the way to do that is effective self care.

In the midst of winter I found there was within me an invincible summer.

I'd rather have something worth living for.
Gold: 356.93
May 6 2017 07:33pm
Quote (FroggyG @ May 6 2017 08:29am)
What part of all this is purely his own interests?
I think if money was his goal he would focus on his business and not run for President in the first place...

He has a lot more power to help his businesses as president, he also can gain big money as a public speaker like obama and bush did.
Lets face it, being president has a lot more perks than downsides.
Gold: 45.00
May 6 2017 11:30pm
Can someone explain to me how less people insured will drive costs down?
The money hospitals get from govt programs sucks vs actual amount to care for patients but atleast its something
Do republicans really think getting rid of like 20million people from the current aca will releive this?

75cents on the dollar is still better then 0
All these people w.o insurance will still come to the er in higher numbers like before for things their PCP could take care of.
Then the people whom already subsidize care gotten by these people will have to subsidize more. Guess what goes up when hospitals have to charge more to cover losses? O yah joe and bob with their fancy company health insurance.

Or prove me wrong show me how hospitals will prosper.
Im biased and work in a big non for profit system
Gold: 0.00
May 8 2017 01:11am
Quote (southpark247 @ May 6 2017 09:30pm)
Can someone explain to me how less people insured will drive costs down?
The money hospitals get from govt programs sucks vs actual amount to care for patients but atleast its something
Do republicans really think getting rid of like 20million people from the current aca will releive this?

75cents on the dollar is still better then 0
All these people w.o insurance will still come to the er in higher numbers like before for things their PCP could take care of.
Then the people whom already subsidize care gotten by these people will have to subsidize more. Guess what goes up when hospitals have to charge more to cover losses? O yah joe and bob with their fancy company health insurance.

Or prove me wrong show me how hospitals will prosper.
Im biased and work in a big non for profit system

There's a non-zero number of people who think we should let the sick just die. They don't realize people will go fucking Walter White and kill others if they have to in order to get healthcare for themselves and their family.

But in all seriousness, it's mostly shortsightedness. The cost of preventative treatment is drastically lower than dealing with issues down the road. Not to mention the weakening economy due to people not producing as much due to illness or not spending as much due to bills.

It seems those against universal healthcare would rather raise a ship from the bottom of the ocean instead of spending some extra money on gas to go around an island.
Gold: 285.00
May 8 2017 05:12am
Quote (BrendanSchaub @ May 6 2017 08:17pm)
I'd rather have something worth living for.

Well friend you're gonna die so you might as well factor that in. Mortality is the price of the ticket.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll