d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Causes Transphobia?
12319Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 42.00
May 3 2017 05:45pm
ive made some significant breakthroughs with my transphobic family in getting them to be more accepting of it but im wondering what causes the behavior in the first place?

how do we get the idiotic beliefs to go away? what makes people cling so harshly to a close minded belief?
Gold: 9.00
May 3 2017 05:58pm
I guess people are inclined to shun/dislike/hate that which is unnatural and not according to the purpose and will of God. No propaganda in the whole world will make people believe that certain things are completely natural when they are not.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
May 3 2017 05:59pm
As someone who spent years trying to get their otherkinphobic family to understand that I am indeed a rhinoceros beetle: I gave up because there was just no way to get them to accept it <_<
My advice to you is fuck em, I scuttled up to Wyoming. Currently munching on maple roots and never looking back. I didn't choose to be born in the wrong body and neither did you, stay strong.

This post was edited by DCSS on May 3 2017 05:59pm
Gold: 2,140.00
May 3 2017 06:00pm
Good stuff lol.
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 80%
May 3 2017 06:05pm
Sexing male butts :<
Gold: 583.69
May 3 2017 06:43pm
You are the person that laid awake at night having panic attacks about your name. If i was a family member i would have made fun of you for being so dumb too. Maybe they arent transphobic, maybe they just think you are dumb as hell.
Gold: 0.00
May 3 2017 07:10pm
Quote (Tjo @ 3 May 2017 23:58)
I guess people are inclined to shun/dislike/hate that which is unnatural and not according to the purpose and will of God. No propaganda in the whole world will make people believe that certain things are completely natural when they are not.

Let's just assume for a second that God does exist - how the fuck would you know his will regarding transgender people?

Quote (Kiseki @ 3 May 2017 23:45)
ive made some significant breakthroughs with my transphobic family in getting them to be more accepting of it but im wondering what causes the behavior in the first place?

how do we get the idiotic beliefs to go away? what makes people cling so harshly to a close minded belief?

People don't like weird shit. Parents especially want their kids to be happy and it worries them when they do weird shit. Being transgender is no walk in the park. It's a hard life. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't 100% sure about it. If that's you though then you have to just muscle through and deal with the consequences. You can't change other people. Just be a decent human being and try to avoid falling into the trap of acting like a stereotype and if they care about you then they will support you and come to terms with your choices. If they can't do that then you're better off without them. Family isn't just blood. It's a bond that can be developed with any group that shares a mutual love for each other.
Gold: 0.00
May 3 2017 07:10pm
If anything, the main "cause" is the prevailing message and conceptualization of gender in American society, which is inspired and rooted in numerous things, but all coalesce into the same idea: That there are only two genders, and that gender is either synonymous with "sex" or is determined by sex. The rigidity of this conceptualization is so strong that anyone who exists outside this simplistic binary is met with confusion, doubt, anger and/or violence.

Transphobia is, in essence, the fear of the unknown or the fear of that which is deemed "impossible". The only way for transphobia to be diminished or eliminated is for society to reevaluate the meaning and significance we attribute to "gender", which is a process well underway that is being met with opposition and resistance to the point of violence. We will, someday, get to a place of liberation, but I'm unsure if I will see that in my lifetime.
Gold: 40.64
May 3 2017 07:12pm
Similar to other forms of nonacceptance, hatred, and/or fear, it is often rooted in prejudices that individuals learn from their family, friends, teachers, religious institutions, government, and the media. The environment in which an individual is raised in and an individual's level of education has a big impact. People can feel that their self-concept is threatened because somebody is different than their expectations. People sometimes fear new knowledge, especially when it conflicts with what they have long believed. There is a general human tendency to be wary and sometimes afraid of the unknown. Humans also have a tendency form bonds in small groups and to be critical or suspicious of those outside that group.

This post was edited by NatureNames on May 3 2017 07:15pm
Gold: 9.00
May 3 2017 07:25pm
Quote (Scaly @ May 4 2017 03:10am)
Let's just assume for a second that God does exist - how the fuck would you know his will regarding transgender people?

Because his will cannot contradict nature otherwise he would be a fraud. I was born a man and will die a man, and that is how I was created. Male and female he created them.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12319Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll