d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Galaxy S6 Boot Loop > Can't Fix, Need Help
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Apr 27 2017 07:57pm
Today my Galaxy S6 downloaded the Android Nougat update. In the past couple hours, it has been stuck in a boot loop, and I can't seem to fix it.

So far I've been following this: http://thedroidguy.com/2015/08/samsung-galaxy-s6-got-stuck-in-boot-loop-or-keeps-rebooting-after-a-firmware-update-1048185

What I've done so far:
1. I couldn't just power down the phone, because it was in an infinite loop, so I did power button + volume down to get into "Maintenance boot mode"
2. When in "Maintenance boot mode" my phone wouldn't enter Safe Mode even though I selected it numerous times. It would simply reboot the phone like normal and then get stuck in the boot loop again.
3. When in "Maintenance boot mode" I chose the power down option. It shut the phone off successfully, but when I started the phone back up normally, it started the loop again.
4. I repeated #3, but instead of starting the phone, I did home button + power button + volume up to enter recovery mode. I entered the option to wipe the cache partition, then rebooted the phone, and then it got stuck on the boot loop again.

So that's it, the only option I can think of is to do the factory reset in the "Maintenance boot mode", but I do not want to do that if there are other options I haven't thought of yet.

Any help is appreciated.

This post was edited by Mattd90 on Apr 27 2017 07:59pm
Gold: 3,351.37
Apr 28 2017 11:36am
Will need factory reset iirc.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 28 2017 01:49pm
Quote (WWI @ Apr 28 2017 12:36pm)
Will need factory reset iirc.

Was hoping there'd be another option outside of those.
Gold: 1,495.80
Apr 28 2017 04:25pm
Bring it to the Samsung store they will fix it
Gold: 425,263.99
Apr 28 2017 05:24pm
You can flash your stock firmware through Odin to factory restore your phone back to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, since Nougat has already replaced your factory reset. If you do a factory reset, it will restore your phone with Android Nougat and not what you previous had. All your contacts and apps should be sync'd to Samsung and/or Google accounts. You'll lose any single player game saves. You'll lose pictures and videos saved onto internal memory if you don't have a micro-sd card in your phone.

What you need:

1. Download the firmware from https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
- Find your country and 6.0.1
- Download the firmware using the free option, premium access isn't instant but takes time to process your payment
- Extract the .tar.md5 file to your desktop

2. Download Samsung Odin 3.12.3 from http://odindownload.com/download
- Extract folder to your desktop

3. Download Samsung Smart Switch for USB drivers
- This app is used to backup your data but I don't know if it will work if your phone is stuck in a bootloop. Feel free to try it.

Instructions:

1. Make sure your phone has 100% battery, turn off your phone and remove your m-SD card from your phone.
2. Hold Power + Volume Down + Home button to enter in download mode then press Volume Up to continue.
3. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
4. Open Odin
5. Click "AP" and open your GalaxyS6 firmware .tar.md5 file
6. Click "Start" then wait....
DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR USB CABLE UNTIL YOUR PHONE boots up with a SETUP SCREEN like the first time you bought the phone.

This post was edited by ImVeryFood on Apr 28 2017 05:27pm
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll