d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Intersectionality
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 500.00
Apr 25 2017 12:58pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Apr 25 2017 12:52pm)
The biggest indicator at the moment of institutionalized racism is the fact whites and blacks use drugs at the same rate yet black people are more likely to be charged/arrested and convicted for drug related crimes.

If the drug use is the same, the charge , arrest and conviction rates should mimic that. And then you even have the fact blacks fate higher sentencing length even for the same crimes.

should it? i've long since accepted that the reality of life is that those with power/authority naturally discriminate against those that are not like them and this is a fact of life that will never change, if you want to change it you need to gain power yourself

the path to end these disparities for disenfranchised minority groups is to follow the paths of asians (east and south alike) who placed a strong emphasis on education allowing them to secure successively higher positions within the social hierarchy of society which changed how they are perceived and subsequently how they are treated - in addition to that we use the power/authority we have gained through hard work to help our people advance their careers so that we do well as a group

negroes have yet to follow this path and they squander whatever money they do have on frivolous crap because of how terrible and counterproductive black culture is
they will always be complaining about how hard it is to get ahead while being black and there is no end to the amount of white liberals ready to to coddle them over how oppressed they and call people like me racist when i give legit advice that improves the odds of landing a job

it's a perverse relationship with these white liberals getting off on throwing more money at these negroes to feel good about themselves while they do nothing to help them advance as a group

Gold: Locked
Apr 25 2017 02:29pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 25 2017 11:58am)
should it? i've long since accepted that the reality of life is that those with power/authority naturally discriminate against those that are not like them and this is a fact of life that will never change, if you want to change it you need to gain power yourself

Institutionalized racism: a concept even Duffman understands.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 25 2017 05:41pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 25 2017 02:34pm)
this just reinforces my view on the topic being a colossal waste of time

there is no additional information gained on how to overcome the disadvantages of being poor or the disadvantages of being black by studying the disadvantages of being poor and black simultaneously

I would disagree, largely because it adds additional context to social justice mobilization and movements whereby it simultaneously views "the struggle" as being an inter-connected web of oppression/power dynamics, and that from an intra-community standpoint ensures that we're recognizing and celebrating the diversity within our movements such that our collective actions are congruent with this larger framework of understanding.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll