d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Anya Resist Scroll Bug
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.69
Apr 25 2017 01:28am
Quote (Shadowfaxe24 @ Apr 25 2017 08:58am)
why havent blizz fixed this yet???

they seem to have no trouble sending out new patches?

They have a lot on their plate

Gold: 175.01
Apr 25 2017 01:46am
Quote (Shadowfaxe24 @ Apr 25 2017 02:58am)
why havent blizz fixed this yet???

they seem to have no trouble sending out new patches?

4 minor QOL patches in 10 years with 0 content or major bugfixes is "no trouble sending out patches"?
Gold: 555.91
Apr 25 2017 02:56am
Quote (Worrywart @ 25 Apr 2017 09:46)
4 minor QOL patches in 10 years with 0 content or major bugfixes is "no trouble sending out patches"?

the anya bug seems like a small bug to me, that shouldn't be a problem to fix, right?

or did i miss something ? :unsure:

Gold: 175.01
Apr 25 2017 03:10am
Quote (Shadowfaxe24 @ Apr 25 2017 04:56am)
the anya bug seems like a small bug to me, that shouldn't be a problem to fix, right?

or did i miss something ? :unsure:

imagine you're working at blizzard and you've been assigned to maintain code that another studio slopped together a decade prior with no documentation.

You see shit like this
Code
int ba_throw(void){
cout << "mercenary" << endl;
ba<int> left(12);
ba<int> right(12);

with no obvious idea what it does because blizzard north didn't like adding comments to their code. Now imagine there are more than 100,000 lines of this shit with no comments, and your job is to figure out which of the 6,000 lines of code that references resistances has something to do with the anya quest. then you have to, by trial and error, fuck with it over and over for hours until something works because it is not immediately obvious why the resists go away when the player dies.

Now, once you actually fix it you know with absolute certainty that this game is basically virtually ramen and that by fixing one buggy noodle another noodle is going to break. Logically, anything you try to do to this software is pointless because fixing iths created a trade hack, fixing the trade hack created an aura stack method, which when fixed created both a dupe method and another aura stack method. fixing those created hybrid runewords and another dupe method. it goes on and on.

This post was edited by Worrywart on Apr 25 2017 03:13am
Gold: 100.24
Apr 25 2017 04:07am
Quote (Worrywart @ 25 Apr 2017 11:10)

with no obvious idea what it does because blizzard north didn't like adding comments to their code. Now imagine there are more than 100,000 lines of this shit with no comments, and your job is to figure out which of the 6,000 lines of code that references resistances has something to do with the anya quest. then you have to, by trial and error, fuck with it over and over for hours until something works because it is not immediately obvious why the resists go away when the player dies.

Now, once you actually fix it you know with absolute certainty that this game is basically virtually ramen and that by fixing one buggy noodle another noodle is going to break. Logically, anything you try to do to this software is pointless because fixing iths created a trade hack, fixing the trade hack created an aura stack method, which when fixed created both a dupe method and another aura stack method. fixing those created hybrid runewords and another dupe method. it goes on and on.

I puked a little into my mouth. You just described some of my work projects...
Gold: 555.91
Apr 25 2017 04:08am
Quote (Worrywart @ 25 Apr 2017 11:10)
imagine you're working at blizzard and you've been assigned to maintain code that another studio slopped together a decade prior with no documentation.

You see shit like this
Code
int ba_throw(void){
ba<int> left(12);
ba<int> right(12);

oh gawd, thanks for the clarification, i can see now its a bigger trouble than hiking on mount everest.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Apr 25 2017 04:15am
Quote (Worrywart @ Apr 25 2017 04:10am)

You see shit like this
Code
int ba_throw(void){
ba<int> left(12);
ba<int> right(12);

👏
Gold: 3,712.00
Apr 26 2017 10:23am
Quote (kai_jph @ Apr 25 2017 02:43am)
You get the quest solo or in party?

We were 2 on nightmare and hell

Then tried to do it people who haven't got to quest
Gold: 1,902.28
Apr 26 2017 04:14pm
Quote (Mateoblast @ Apr 24 2017 09:06pm)
I did the quest both on nigthmare and hell; I received no resist scroll from Malah ?? Yes I had enough inventory space

Malah simply did not give me any scroll; quest said to speak to Anya. Quest completed.

My resists are still the same :( meh

Any help?

Your only option is to rush a char to nm and hell, get the scroll and pass it to your main char
Gold: 3,712.00
Apr 26 2017 04:16pm
Quote (Marieusz @ Apr 26 2017 06:14pm)
Your only option is to rush a char to nm and hell, get the scroll and pass it to your main char

Thanks thats sad lol
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll