d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Holocaust And What We Have Learned
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 25 2017 05:07pm
Quote (Tjo @ 25 Apr 2017 23:30)
No it will be like any other arab country, corrupt, constricted, and poorly run by extremists. The whole world is in a state of moral decay but we here in the west are not so far off that our societies are dysfunctional to such an extent as theirs. You cannot say that the population is not subject to moral decay when the state is basically a den of thieves. You cannot build a strong nation with an immoral people, that is why im trying to say. I would encourage you to travel to Israel, and visit the arabic parts as well, and then compare. Don't listen to the jewish-liberal-right media nor the leftist-pro-palestine, nor the antisemitic-nationalist view, make up your own view. Go there, be totally unbiased, compare the people, listen to the people, both normal, secular and religious, and then ask yourself the question; "If I was God, to whom would I give this land to, Israelis or Palestinians?"

It doesn't make you lesser people. But you have to be pragmatic, you must be able to measure human suffering and consider the results of what a palestinian state would be. If your morality is based on reducing human suffering as much as possible, which I think is the best standard for morality, then if you could measure human suffering in units, you would have way more units of suffering if you gave the land to the palestinians. I am angry at Israel for what they do, and they commit mistakes and they do wrong sometimes. But they treat palestinians waaaay better than the palestinians treat jews and would treat jews if they possessed the land. If there was in the power of the palestinians, it would mean the slaughter of the entire jewish people, try to understand that. Let us criticize Israel when they do wrong, and for what they do wrong. But let us never forget how much worse the situation would be if the situation was different, and the israelis were in the palestinian position. The loss of human life and the amount of suffering would be far greater.

Hmm.. sorry for being a bit short here. You created a diarrhea of assumptions and ... "If I was God, to whom would I give this land to, Israelis or Palestinians?" .. seriously ?

As I've said after the Holocaust we agreed on not doing that ever again. I know it's difficult for a theocratic nation to see all of its citizens as equal. But that's what is needed to go for a future.
The problem here is though, equality comes from both sides. One has to take the first step.. Usually that's the one in power and coincidentally, it's the best way to fight terrorism.
Gold: 500.00
Apr 25 2017 05:11pm
Quote (Tjo @ Apr 25 2017 05:30pm)
No it will be like any other arab country, corrupt, constricted, and poorly run by extremists. The whole world is in a state of moral decay but we here in the west are not so far off that our societies are dysfunctional to such an extent as theirs. You cannot say that the population is not subject to moral decay when the state is basically a den of thieves. You cannot build a strong nation with an immoral people, that is why im trying to say. I would encourage you to travel to Israel, and visit the arabic parts as well, and then compare. Don't listen to the jewish-liberal-right media nor the leftist-pro-palestine, nor the antisemitic-nationalist view, make up your own view. Go there, be totally unbiased, compare the people, listen to the people, both normal, secular and religious, and then ask yourself the question; "If I was God, to whom would I give this land to, Israelis or Palestinians?"

It doesn't make you lesser people. But you have to be pragmatic, you must be able to measure human suffering and consider the results of what a palestinian state would be. If your morality is based on reducing human suffering as much as possible, which I think is the best standard for morality, then if you could measure human suffering in units, you would have way more units of suffering if you gave the land to the palestinians. I am angry at Israel for what they do, and they commit mistakes and they do wrong sometimes. But they treat palestinians waaaay better than the palestinians treat jews and would treat jews if they possessed the land. If there was in the power of the palestinians, it would mean the slaughter of the entire jewish people, try to understand that. Let us criticize Israel when they do wrong, and for what they do wrong. But let us never forget how much worse the situation would be if the situation was different, and the israelis were in the palestinian position. The loss of human life and the amount of suffering would be far greater.

this is actually the reason i prefer the existence of israel over what would have been the middle eastern alternative
Gold: 9.00
Apr 25 2017 05:15pm
Quote (Knaapie @ Apr 26 2017 01:07am)
Hmm.. sorry for being a bit short here. You created a diarrhea of assumptions and ... "If I was God, to whom would I give this land to, Israelis or Palestinians?" .. seriously ?

As I've said after the Holocaust we agreed on not doing that ever again. I know it's difficult for a theocratic nation to see all of its citizens as equal. But that's what is needed to go for a future.
The problem here is though, equality comes from both sides. One has to take the first step.. Usually that's the one in power and coincidentally, it's the best way to fight terrorism.

Israel is a very special land. You must understand its religious background. You will never be able to overlook that. And the history of the jews testifies to the necessity for the jews to have a land of their own. The islamic arabs have a very large area on which they can live. Do you realize what a tiny little spot Israel is?
Gold: 4,383.11
Apr 25 2017 05:16pm
Quote (Knaapie @ 26 Apr 2017 01:07)

when it comes to this particular problem jews are unfortunately not better than muslims, thinking that they are above others

on the other hand, when you talk about the first step....i think the israelis rightfully fear that if they extend their hand, the palestinians might take the entire arm in the process

This post was edited by ampoo on Apr 25 2017 05:19pm
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 25 2017 05:34pm
Quote (ampoo @ 26 Apr 2017 00:16)
when it comes to this particular problem jews are unfortunately not better than muslims, thinking that they are above others

on the other hand, when you talk about the first step....i think the israelis rightfully fear that if they extend their hand, the palestinians might take the entire arm in the process

True, imo giving less than an arm, will not come to a solution though. The solution is far from easy, it will require policies where the theocratic "democracy", will not get votes for.
Tbh, in politics, I can imagine more Muslim orientated parties will try to unite, to gain little power. That would be a solution as well if their voice would be heard in policies. Since a large part of the country is Muslim.
Dunno if that can work in Israel though.. I actually don't think this can happen through their democracy at this early stage of its existence.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Apr 25 2017 05:36pm
Gold: 9,121.00
Apr 25 2017 09:12pm
Doubtful Israel will ever let the Palestinians consolidate and form its own country, too much of an existential threat. Having a hostile Muslim population that all of the sudden can trade (import actual damaging weapons), build an army, control their own borders etc. is not to Israels advantage. The only reason the neighboring Arabs haven't tried to wipe out the Jews is because first of all the have probably the most efficient military force in the world and secondly the US backs them. Countries like Egypt, Turkey & Saudi Arabia even though they absolutely hate the Jews, they tolerate them out of fear and because they share a common enemy the Shiites.
Gold: 1.93
Apr 26 2017 01:16am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 26 2017 02:12pm)
Doubtful Israel will ever let the Palestinians consolidate and form its own country, too much of an existential threat. Having a hostile Muslim population that all of the sudden can trade (import actual damaging weapons), build an army, control their own borders etc. is not to Israels advantage. The only reason the neighboring Arabs haven't tried to wipe out the Jews is because first of all the have probably the most efficient military force in the world and secondly the US backs them. Countries like Egypt, Turkey & Saudi Arabia even though they absolutely hate the Jews, they tolerate them out of fear and because they share a common enemy the Shiites.

Most turkish people i know have no issue with israel, though it is changing recently.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll