d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Holocaust And What We Have Learned
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 45,015.90
Warn: 20%
Apr 24 2017 02:29pm
That entire side of the world just need to get over their pride. Its all internal conflicts and religious fanatics, what is the world supposed to do?
Gold: 500.00
Apr 24 2017 02:30pm
Quote (ChronFather420 @ Apr 24 2017 03:29pm)
That entire side of the world just need to get over their pride. Its all internal conflicts and religious fanatics, what is the world supposed to do?

well britain could return that jewel they stole
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Apr 24 2017 04:04pm
Member the holocaust? Oooh ya i member
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 24 2017 04:08pm
Quote (WhiteSouned @ 24 Apr 2017 18:44)
Today in Israel we mention the holocaust, our memorial day.
I'm not gonna cry about it, its not that kind of post.
What I do want to mention is , that after all those brave declerations stating "no more" and "never again" we keep going back at the same mistakes.
Check what's happening in Syria for example, people are beeing killed by the mass and the best we can do is lunch some rockets at random bases.
I mean even my own country ,after beeing through those horrors can't do (or even worse, wont do) nothing to help those people..
This makes absolutely no sense.
Do you think we have changed since then ? or there ' s nothing new and life goes on ?
It seems to me that we are the same self centered indeviduals who wont lift a finger to go out of our comfort zone.

There was a time when everybody said: never again. Many are still saying it. To never again condemn a group and seeking out ethnic/religious cleansing

Interventions are something else, they are not meant to "cleanse" a country from a group of its inhabitants. Usually they are meant to stop a form of violation of human rights. Or to stop a cleansing already happening.
example of a successful intervention: The US intervened in Europe during WOII
Admittedly, the West is failing in recent interventions, in general making places worse than they were before.

In the mean time the West is falling back in the pattern of politically putting the blame on a minority group and seeing oneself as being "superior". Something we thought we were beyond.
Yet here we are creating a sort of second grade citizens at this time in history (Muslim immigrants) like the Jews were in Europe during WOII, and like Palestinians are in Israel, at this time.

Once inequality has been accepted, the next steps are increasingly difficult to prevent from happening.
We should promote critical thinking, like you are doing right now, promote equality as a fundamental right and try to reach acceptance from every group towards every group, within our society.

Another problem imo, is Westernism. Ppl in the west tend to care too little about what is going on in the rest in the world and are trying to compare everybody to their standards.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Apr 24 2017 04:20pm
Gold: 45,015.90
Apr 24 2017 04:25pm
Quote (Knaapie @ Apr 24 2017 04:08pm)
There was a time when everybody said: never again. Many are still saying it. To never again condemn a group and seeking out ethnic/religious cleansing

Interventions are something else, they are not meant to "cleanse" a country from a group of its inhabitants. Usually they are meant to stop a form of violation of human rights. Or to stop a cleansing already happening.
example of a successful intervention: The US intervened in Europe during WOII
Admittedly, the West is failing in recent interventions, in general making places worse than they were before.

In the mean time the West is falling back in the pattern of politically putting the blame on a minority group and seeing oneself as being "superior". Something we thought we were beyond.
Yet here we are creating a sort of second grade citizens at this time in history (Muslim immigrants) like the Jews were in Europe during WOII, and like Palestinians are in Israel, at this time.

Once inequality has been accepted, the next steps are increasingly difficult to prevent from happening.
We should promote critical thinking, like you are doing right now, promote equality as a fundamental right and try to reach acceptance from every group towards every group, within our society.

Another problem imo, is Westernism. Ppl in the west tend to care too little about what is going on in the rest in the world and are trying to compare everybody to their standards.

Well yeah, when the alternative are a bunch of sand worshiping goat fuckers, its not much of a leap.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 24 2017 04:27pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 24 2017 06:21pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ 24 Apr 2017 20:24)
From what I can tell over the years, Palestine and others attack Israel first like 99% of their time there is conflict. If people would stop fucking with Israel they'd probably leave everyone alone. That's my take.

Well that's horseshit. The ideology of the settlers wouldn't allow them to 'leave everyone alone' until they have taken every scrap of land they deem to be within their holy land's ill-defined borders.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 24 2017 06:21pm
Gold: 540.00
Apr 25 2017 06:57am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 24 2017 04:07pm)
If you cared about your fellow Jews you'd pitch in. Lend a hand. You got people living in Israel in fear for their lives because you and millions like you are too pussy to go and help out.
There are even American Christians over there helping out your Jew brethren in their quest for the reclamation of the holy land. American Christians for Yeshua's sake. American Christians more willing to help Jews than you are. Oi Vey.
Put up or shut up kid. As long as you're not doing anything to help you ain't no different than a goyim for all the use you are to those fighting and dying in Israel.

Aww shucks <3

I don't need to prove to you that I'm helping them. Don't worry about it.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 25 2017 08:35am
bibi just canceled talks with the german foreign minister because he insisted on meeting with human rights ngos "breaking the silence" and "b'tselem".

israel really don't want anybody to know what they are doing in the occupied territories, they threw a similar diplomatic hissy fit earlier this year when the belgian prime minister had the audacity to talk with these organisations.

not wanting foreign leaders to learn what they are doing in certain places (other than official state propaganda), that sounds somewhat familiar..
Gold: 540.00
Apr 25 2017 11:38am
Quote (fender @ Apr 25 2017 10:35am)
bibi just canceled talks with the german foreign minister because he insisted on meeting with human rights ngos "breaking the silence" and "b'tselem".

israel really don't want anybody to know what they are doing in the occupied territories, they threw a similar diplomatic hissy fit earlier this year when the belgian prime minister had the audacity to talk with these organisations.

not wanting foreign leaders to learn what they are doing in certain places (other than official state propaganda), that sounds somewhat familiar..

The Palestinians are lucky they are given land inside Israel. Take what you are given or you are free to go back to 20 other Muslim countries.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll