d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ann Coulter To Speak At Berkeley On The 27th
Prev1151617
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Apr 27 2017 06:02pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 27 2017 01:06am)
Sure you would... college is a place for the free exchange of ideas, until you don't like those ideas, and then you call it your "home" and pretend that justifies barring controversial conservative figures from campus.

I never lived in dorms on campus. It was never my home. My goal was to not trigger people to get labeled a creep. Lol.

The free exchange of ideas happens in classrooms, where people say what the fuck they want.

You guys are mistaking class room discussions with speeches in public areas by white supremacist internet trolls.

The feigned indignation is fun to observe.

Nobody's rights were violated here.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 27 2017 06:03pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 27 2017 06:48pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 27 2017 07:02pm)
I never lived in dorms on campus. It was never my home. My goal was to not trigger people to get labeled a creep. Lol.

The free exchange of ideas happens in classrooms, where people say what the fuck they want.

You guys are mistaking class room discussions with speeches in public areas by white supremacist internet trolls.

The feigned indignation is fun to observe.

Nobody's rights were violated here.

You always talk about how the college campus is home to the students, but it's not, it's where they go to school, and then they go back to their apartment/house/dorm. Just cause I can see one of the university buildings from my dorm doesn't mean it's my home.

Uh... there's plenty of discussion and speeches outside of the classroom. That's just another reason SJWs shouldn't be hysterical, because they don't have to go hear a provocative person like Milo or Ann Coulter speak. I could somewhat understand the outrage if a polisci professor invited Coulter or Milo to speak to their class.

I know the liberal talking point here is "lol u reactionary guys are freaking out over nothing", but really it's the antifa/SJWs freaking out, going so overboard that Ann Coulter and Milo can't even speak to a group of students without others breaking windows and lighting shit on fire. It's not like I identify with the alt-right/Trump crowd, I just think it's ridiculous that some left wing or anarchist groups are so triggered by these trolls that they can't even let them speak. SJWs have so butchered the definition of white supremacist that's it's a lot like being called a racist... almost totally meaningless.

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 27 2017 06:48pm
Gold: 18,470.03
Apr 27 2017 07:05pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 27 2017 07:48pm)
You always talk about how the college campus is home to the students, but it's not, it's where they go to school, and then they go back to their apartment/house/dorm. Just cause I can see one of the university buildings from my dorm doesn't mean it's my home.

Uh... there's plenty of discussion and speeches outside of the classroom. That's just another reason SJWs shouldn't be hysterical, because they don't have to go hear a provocative person like Milo or Ann Coulter speak. I could somewhat understand the outrage if a polisci professor invited Coulter or Milo to speak to their class.

I know the liberal talking point here is "lol u reactionary guys are freaking out over nothing", but really it's the antifa/SJWs freaking out, going so overboard that Ann Coulter and Milo can't even speak to a group of students without others breaking windows and lighting shit on fire. It's not like I identify with the alt-right/Trump crowd, I just think it's ridiculous that some left wing or anarchist groups are so triggered by these trolls that they can't even let them speak. SJWs have so butchered the definition of white supremacist that's it's a lot like being called a racist... almost totally meaningless.

There is a reoccurring theme throughout the modern left. They wish ill on people they disagree with. They want people like Bill O'Reilly to lose their jobs because they can't stand their politics. I don't like his politics either, he's a propaganda shill for the Republican party. I don't celebrate his downfall or have an opinion on his guilt or innocence. I don't spam advertisers.

They make excuses for antifa that are violent against peaceful people. I don't care if it's Richard Spencer, if he's just talking then any violence is immoral and completely unjustified, full stop.
Someone on this forum even suggested the guy who got hit with a bike lock was asking for it when clearly that wasn't the case.

I may disagree with you, but i will fight for your right to express yourself. This is the Democratic stance. The left doesn't cherish freedom. They want to rule over you, take your money, and give it to whoever they see fit. They want to tell you what to think, what you can't say, then hit you in the head with a brick if you resist. Communists and totalitarian thinking has infiltrated our schools and our media, and brain washed these useful idiots. We are at war with the most lethal ideology in human history, and it's time to take that seriously.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 28 2017 10:02am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 27 2017 07:48pm)

The vast majority of the time things go smoothly and speakers speak.

Most of the time they have something to offer that is part of an exchange of ideas.

Trolls are inappropriate for an educational setting. Universities are allowed to have thresholds on quality without choosing sides.
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Apr 27 2017 08:05pm)
There is a reoccurring theme throughout the modern left. They wish ill on people they disagree with. They want people like Bill O'Reilly to lose their jobs because they can't stand their politics. I don't like his politics either, he's a propaganda shill for the Republican party. I don't celebrate his downfall or have an opinion on his guilt or innocence. I don't spam advertisers.

They make excuses for antifa that are violent against peaceful people. I don't care if it's Richard Spencer, if he's just talking then any violence is immoral and completely unjustified, full stop.
Someone on this forum even suggested the guy who got hit with a bike lock was asking for it when clearly that wasn't the case.

I may disagree with you, but i will fight for your right to express yourself. This is the Democratic stance. The left doesn't cherish freedom. They want to rule over you, take your money, and give it to whoever they see fit. They want to tell you what to think, what you can't say, then hit you in the head with a brick if you resist. Communists and totalitarian thinking has infiltrated our schools and our media, and brain washed these useful idiots. We are at war with the most lethal ideology in human history, and it's time to take that seriously.

Liberals support labor unions. If you are against at will employment then vote left.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 28 2017 10:04am
Gold: Locked
Apr 29 2017 11:43am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 28 2017 09:02am)
Trolls are inappropriate for an educational setting.

Wow, I had no idea you hated Socrates so much.
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 29 2017 06:59pm
Gavin Mcinnes went to Berkeley and read her speech LOL
Gold: 57.00
Apr 29 2017 10:32pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 29 Apr 2017 20:59)
Gavin Mcinnes went to Berkeley and read her speech LOL

another white fucking male wins again. no wonder all the white rioters at Berkley are mad
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1151617
Add Reply New Topic New Poll