d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ann Coulter To Speak At Berkeley On The 27th
Prev191011121317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 23 2017 10:47am
Sen. Bernie Sanders supports Ann Coulter's right to speak at the University of California-Berkeley, and told The Huffington Post that attempts to shut her down are a "sign of intellectual weakness" amongst some of her critics.

Sanders made clear that he is no fan of Coulter, but nevertheless believes students who want to hear speak deserve that opportunity.

"Obviously Ann Coulter's outrageous ― to my mind, off the wall," said Sanders. "But you know, people have a right to give their two cents-worth, give a speech, without fear of violence and intimidation."

Berkeley administrators recently cancelled Coulter's upcoming visit because they could not guarantee her safety. Protesters had threatened violence and rioting if Coulter should appear.

But giving into the protesters means succumbing to the heckler's veto—it commits the university to censoring anyone whose views displease the mob. Berkeley, thankfully, has reconsidered, and Coulter will be giving a talk.

"What are you afraid of ― her ideas?" asked Sanders, according to HuffPo. "Ask her the hard questions. Confront her intellectually. Booing people down, or intimidating people, or shutting down events, I don't think that that works in any way."

Bernie Sanders, fascist enabler.

What say you now, regressive leftists?

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 23 2017 10:47am
Gold: 18,470.03
Apr 24 2017 02:32am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 23 2017 07:30am)
Hopefully this is the dumbest thing I'll read today. Just waking up though.

How can you believe this and not agree with Sharia law? I mean you right wing fucks all believe the same things.

If your mother, sister, or daughter are ever raped, it's their fault. Remember that.

Pretend to care about liberty and then say people are asking to be raped because they wear something you personally feel is provocative. In places they see an exposed foot as provocative most males agree that women deserve to be raped for showing it. I think you are all ridiculous. But I'm a liberal and think people should be free and not raped. How silly I know.

I was pointing out how the above reply wasn't just condemning the violence, and saying the peaceful demonstrators were asking for it. It was intentionally stupid to reflect the above post. It wasn't a representation of my beliefs.

This post was edited by nineinchnailz on Apr 24 2017 02:33am
Gold: 1.93
Apr 24 2017 05:48am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 24 2017 03:47am)

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Zcd4GjKsg3nOw/giphy.gif

I agree with bernie.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 24 2017 02:01pm
Quote (IceMage @ 23 Apr 2017 16:47)

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Zcd4GjKsg3nOw/giphy.gif

Seems like a rational and reasonable response to me.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 24 2017 02:01pm
Apr 24 2017 04:10pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 24 2017 03:01pm)
Seems like a rational and reasonable response to me.

Free speech so scary tho.
Gold: 475.46
Apr 24 2017 04:14pm
You know what grinds my gears? Dipshit trumpets who keep calling antifa liberals. they are self proclaimed anarchists yet the right cant stop calling them liberals. why you may ask? I am guessing because they get off on it.
Gold: 22,189.49
Apr 24 2017 04:58pm
Quote (Brian_D @ Apr 24 2017 04:14pm)
You know what grinds my gears? Dipshit trumpets who keep calling antifa liberals. they are self proclaimed anarchists yet the right cant stop calling them liberals. why you may ask? I am guessing because they get off on it.

I've sure read a lot of "Antifa are good guys, its okay to punch nazis" and "The 1st amendment is obsolete because it hurts my feels" lately
Theres too many on the left defending antifa to try to denounce them and brush them off. Its not just Trumpets calling them liberals
Apr 24 2017 05:08pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 24 2017 05:58pm)
I've sure read a lot of "Antifa are good guys, its okay to punch nazis" and "The 1st amendment is obsolete because it hurts my feels" lately
Theres too many on the left defending antifa to try to denounce them and brush them off. Its not just Trumpets calling them liberals

Hey dude... my late grandfather who served in WW2 fought Nazis... so we should all be in the streets of Berkeley protesting an offensive faggot and a questionably female looking media whore. /s

BTW, there's the legitimacy of punching Richard Spencer and there's the legitimacy of burning shit down and assaulting non-violent people because conservatives are speaking on your campus. The former doesn't really bother me.

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 24 2017 05:11pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 25 2017 10:54am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 21 2017 10:29am)
Thats a big whitewashing of BLM, which has engaged in several instances of serious destruction against innocent persons and their property, but it does represent the wildly inaccurate and hysterical talking points.

The vandalism of property doesn't mean people should be shot, murdered, and incarcerated by the state. BLM exists as a response to state sponsored, police brutality. Trying to paint it as anything other than that is just an appeal to the status quo. Malcolm X was right when he called this shit back in 1963:

So-called "peaceful protests" hasn't done jack shit. The constitution says all men are created equal, but then black men were slaves. Then we passed amendments to that constitution, but lynchings and Jim Crow made those amendments irrelevant. Then we passed the Civil Rights Act, but black men continued to be the victims of police brutality.

Rioting is the voice of the unheard, who have no voice because the political system is against them.

Huge strawman.
Merely not liking BLM does not mean they are against peaceful assembly and free speech.
Someone having an opinion doesn't mean we have to like their opinion.

btw When you are vandalizing cities its a bit of a different story than a gay conservative speaking or a free speech rally.

Sorry, but property isn't more valuable than human beings.

To be against BLM is to be for state sponsored violence. BLM is only asking to not be murdered by police. It's amazing black people haven't formed death squads and overthrown the government, to be honest. All the attacks on BLM are attempts to derail the discussion and tell black people to stop being so uppity. This derailing of BLM is just another case of the status quo dismantling another attempt of securing the constitutional rights of black people.

So we went from a 'nazi sympathizer group' to a comedian telling a couple of offcolor obvious jokes you didnt like, and saying he likes jews and wants to unite with Israel.

Wow "complacent".. the hard biting criticism is too much.

"Hahaaha jokes on Isreal I was only pretending they were the reason for the Treaty of Versailles!"

A few were, sure.
In America we have freedom of speech and freedom of assembly.
This isn't some commie shithole.
Someone you don't like merely existing is not good cause to physically attack them, let alone attack everyone else at a free speech event they attend.

I never said I'm against freedom of speech and assembly. Quite the opposite. You're just straw manning what I'm saying.

These groups of white supremacists, nazis, and klansmen can circlejerk with one another all they want. That's not what people are against. These groups have gone beyond freedom of speech and into the realm of shouting "I'M GOING TO BLOW THIS PLANE UP AND ALL YOU FUCKERS ON IT WITH THIS BOMB!" in a crowded airplane a mile in the sky.

We already have laws against this stuff. You can play racist D&D all you want, but you can't go light a cross on fire in front of a black family's house.

The white nationalists are openly embracing fascism. They are attempting to organize the dismantling of democracy so they can implement genocide. They are not coming from a position of good faith. They fully intend to dismantle the first amendment. We know this because they've said so.

I find it interesting that you are quick to falsely label people nazis and fascists who should be stabbed and purged from the ranks, yet you seem to be advocating for a bunch of violent commies who attack innocent people. They're totally fine.

"God Emperor Trump" has been tossed around since he started his campaign. If you want Warhammer 40,000 with your God Emperor, you're going to get the Ruinous Powers, the Traitor Legions, and all of the maim/kill/burn/purging.

Jokes aside, conservatives are putting party before country. If we were capable of getting in bed with Stalin, we can put aside party differences and oppose far-right, fascist, white supremacists.

Her position of attending an event that clearly was not a nazi rally does stand on merit. The fact that she is a latina was used for comedic effect to mock your absurd notions.

Don't move the goalposts. You were dismissing criticisms as invalid because some minorities were present.

Oh but some nazi collaborators were jewish? you totally got us now. guilty as charged.

No amount of hand-waving will change the history of the Judenrat and Cappos during the Holocaust. There were Jews who suffered at the hands of other Jews who decided to throw their lot in with the Nazi Party. Don't ever think the presence of one group of people within a larger political group means that group is immune to violence from the larger group.

Crime against humanity right there.

What you dismiss as 'conspiracy theories' they call taking rational steps to be prepared in case the government does terrible unconstitutional things like confiscate guns.

"BUT BLM ARE THE REAL TERRORISTS!"

Get out of here with that nonsense. Thinking Obama was a Manchurian Candidate doesn't even come close to the legitimacy of police brutality against black people.

They literally attended BLM events and protected protesters. Do you see the trend of you grossly misrepresenting people?
Not everyone you dont like is a nazi or some other kind of evildoer.

They only protected BLM events went the police started cracking down on them for illegal arms trafficking and possession of bomb making materials lol. They were fully ready to open fire on BLM protestors over property damage.

"nazis" have the right to self defense. She came there as part of a terrorist group to attack people and faced the consequences.

He literally said he isnt one of our guys and is pretty far right.

How can I state this?

They.

Have.

Literally.

Proclaimed.

Themselves.

As.

Nazis/white supremacists/antisemites.

They posted about going to the rally on social media. They were literally doing nazi salutes. Domigo has a history of violence, was dishonorably discharged, attacked that woman out of nowhere when there was no risk to himself, and is the founder of a white supremacist group that is trying to organize genocide and dismantling of democracy.

It's also hilarious that you label the antifa groups as "terrorists," but openly nazi nazis totally aren't nazis.

and?
Hes not an antifa talking point commentator.
Her story is more interesting than some white nationalist guy.

Antifa are the aggressors at these events.

Uhhh....that just makes it worse? He's pandering to non-antifa at that point. His omission of the guy who threw the punch of being a nazi isn't a good thing. I guess views and likes are more important than disrupting the white supremacist narrative. Anyone to the left of Mussolini is a terrorist and an extremist who needs to be punched in the face.

So now I buy into anything he says?
another delusion from a man detached from reality, losing an argument.

You're displaying cognitive dissonance for refusing to recognize the racism present within your side of the aisle. You're refusing to call McInnes' out on his antisemitism, misogyny, racism, and hipsterism despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Quote (nineinchnailz @ Apr 24 2017 12:32am)
I was pointing out how the above reply wasn't just condemning the violence, and saying the peaceful demonstrators were asking for it. It was intentionally stupid to reflect the above post. It wasn't a representation of my beliefs.

It's still a really stupid comparison. The situation is more like a group of men threatening to rape a woman, then everyone gets upset the women shoots the attackers in self defense like she was in the wrong.
Gold: 57.00
Apr 25 2017 01:43pm
Too bad Howard "Scream" Dean, oppressor of a woman's right to speak freely, didn't win the nomination for President way back when. It would have been great comedy to see this genius on the big stage.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/21/whats-the-deal-with-howard-dean/?utm_term=.3c54d7031a78
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/21/howard-dean/howard-deans-wrong-tweet-constitution-doesnt-prote/
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011121317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll