d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Tips On Improving My Str Mage? > Softcore Legacy
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,749.15
Apr 18 2017 03:15pm
This isn't my primary build so it doesn't have to be amazing but its a bit weaker than i'd like. Primarily built around Doon Cuebiyari's and stacking strength.

skill tree
www.poeurl.com/bhaP

currently 42k display damage for magma orb, fires 2 orbs, 68% more cast speed,.
5600 health, capped resist (except chaos), only 26% damage reduction/12% evasion but my armor should increase drasticaly when I replace my tabula with a 1700+ armor/life/strength/res chest. the c hest will also increase my life by a couple hundred and i'm missing one jewel still which should increase my damage and life by a couple hundred.
1927 strength I think i'll replace the gloves and possibly the boots with 50+ str rares. I am also planning on replacing the rings with strength opals once I get enough resist elsewhere.

chest links = lvl19 magma orb - lv18 iron wil - lvl 18 fire penetration - lvl 18 spell echo - lvl18 elemental focus - lvl16 20% slower projectiles

otherwise its just typical stuff mostly, cwdt immortal call molten shell, lightning warp and flame golem. I'm not sure how much difference level 20 20% gems will have on my damage but I plan on getting them soon once I finalize my build. I run only anger since others don't have a huge effect and my mana is a hassle as is with magma orb costing 74 mana per cast I hava to use a mana pot soon as I start attacking to keep my mana up.

rings = 55+ life 50+ strength resist rings,
amulet = astramentis (116 all stats)
helmet = black sun crest (15% str, 15% dex, 10% int)
chest = tabula until I replace it with a 1700+ armor astra plate with 45+ strength and high life.
belt is temporary but = 50 str 100 lfie 400 armor resist, i'll replace it with a better version of the same thing later
gloves = meginords (100 str 2% life regen per sec)
boots = alberon's warpath (18% str)
jewels = 1 inevibility, 6 brawn, 4-5 (1 missing) 20+ str, 8+ int, 7% life jewels.
weapons both = doon cuebiyari, I could replace the offhand one with a doryani or something for a damage boost but the armor boost I will get from this when I replace my armor is pretty nice, dunno if it's enough to outweight an armor shield though or if I need the damage more?

I was considering using repentence gloves but I can't without drasticaly changing my build due to all the brawn's i'm using, I can barely get 159 int let alone 300. I could try replacing the brawns with my of the rare jewels i'm using and then trying repetence for a free 7 link, but they are pretty hard to come by and don't give nearly as much strength

does my build look at all workable? I would like to keep my strength pretty high but I do plan on losing some of it for better rare gloves and possibly boots. I am open to other skill gems as well. I've been experimenting with ethereal knives, firestorm and frostbolt but really just want to maximize the effectiveness with my strength build so any skill that works best. I was also considering maybe a skin of the loyal for the +1 skills and 100% global defence boost and replacing the second doon with a high armor shield but I lose considerable damage from the lost cast speed so idk if the +1 skill would be worth it. I was also considering a level 3 empower if it would work better than one of my other support gems. So yeah I have several ideas, any advice would be great.

This post was edited by Squirrelman. on Apr 18 2017 03:44pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic