d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Doctor Who. > Anyone Else Watch?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 30%
Apr 22 2017 08:48pm
Quote (Warlock316 @ Apr 22 2017 09:43pm)
you better fucking smile!

Shit, gotta watch the new episode I got recorded lol. I like Bill though
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 22 2017 09:10pm
Quote (Goodell4President @ Apr 22 2017 08:48pm)
Shit, gotta watch the new episode I got recorded lol. I like Bill though

I don't. Apparently people were complaining Clara was too clever and it feels like to compensate for that they made the new companion the most dense person who has ever existed.

"Your walk through is an elevator that goes anywhere in the University?" Like fucking seriously bitch? God damn everything she says is so stupid and cringy I'm not sure if I will be able to put up with it.
Apr 22 2017 10:22pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 22 2017 10:10pm)
I don't. Apparently people were complaining Clara was too clever and it feels like to compensate for that they made the new companion the most dense person who has ever existed.

"Your walk through is an elevator that goes anywhere in the University?" Like fucking seriously bitch? God damn everything she says is so stupid and cringy I'm not sure if I will be able to put up with it.

The problem with Clara was that everything was focused on her instead of the Doctor, I had no problem with her personality. Reminded me of Donna in a sense.
Apr 22 2017 11:50pm
Quote (Goodell4President @ Apr 22 2017 10:22pm)
The problem with Clara was that everything was focused on her instead of the Doctor, I had no problem with her personality. Reminded me of Donna in a sense.

There show is always focused on the companion. The companion is basically a stand in for the audience, we basically experience the show through the doctors companions. I personally enjoy when the companion can keep up with the doctor. It feels like the show respects its audience when it is not stopping every 5 seconds to explain literally everything to the audience via the companion.

Rose started slow and got more clever as she went on which is good as she was the first and it served as a way to get people into the show. All companions after have gotten up to speed pretty quickly, even Donna (used to be my least fav companion) wasn't as stupid as the current one.

Like in the smiles episode (spoiler) she found a kid, I feel like every other fucking companion in the history of the show would have been like "doctor the people are already here" or something almost instantly. But the current one? What does she do? Slowly makes her way to the doctor while he tries to blow the place up and also requires like 20 minutes of the doctor spelling out that the people are clearly fucking on the ship in cryo before she understands what is going on. I mean I understand a learning curve but come the fuck on...

This current companion is such aids I hope she doesn't last long.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Apr 22 2017 11:51pm
Apr 23 2017 06:37pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 23 2017 12:50am)
There show is always focused on the companion. The companion is basically a stand in for the audience, we basically experience the show through the doctors companions. I personally enjoy when the companion can keep up with the doctor. It feels like the show respects its audience when it is not stopping every 5 seconds to explain literally everything to the audience via the companion.

Rose started slow and got more clever as she went on which is good as she was the first and it served as a way to get people into the show. All companions after have gotten up to speed pretty quickly, even Donna (used to be my least fav companion) wasn't as stupid as the current one.

Like in the smiles episode (spoiler) she found a kid, I feel like every other fucking companion in the history of the show would have been like "doctor the people are already here" or something almost instantly. But the current one? What does she do? Slowly makes her way to the doctor while he tries to blow the place up and also requires like 20 minutes of the doctor spelling out that the people are clearly fucking on the ship in cryo before she understands what is going on. I mean I understand a learning curve but come the fuck on...

This current companion is such aids I hope she doesn't last long.

I don't disagree with you there, it does/suppose to focus on the companion for certain aspects of the show, but at least with Rose/Donna/etc we got to see different sides of the Doctor. With Clara it felt like The Doctor was a sidekick not a main character because the show focused so heavily on her that it actually detracted from the stories.

Didn't care for this Smiles episode, although I am having mixed feelings with Bill now. She just doesn't seem to have the personality that the previous companions had. It doesn't help Capaldi has been fed pretty terrible storylines since he started. With Tennant/Smith at least there was a main plot point (Finding Gallifrey, stopping The Master, Time Lords, etc.) With Capaldi it just feels like a bunch of side shows that hold no merit.

Gold: 134.64
May 10 2017 12:58am
This season has been pretty good so far :thumbsup:
May 10 2017 01:04am
4 episodes in and I still absolutely hate the new companion. I hope she dies in a fire.

This post was edited by Blah58 on May 10 2017 01:04am
May 10 2017 04:50am
Quote (Blah58 @ May 10 2017 02:04am)
4 episodes in and I still absolutely hate the new companion. I hope she dies in a fire.

Yeah I can't take this shit either.

New season is fucking cancer. They're is zero direction.
Gold: 2.70
May 10 2017 03:13pm
not a fan of this companion...... she is too ditsy

"this part of my life you're not apart of" sccreeww you!

brg back pond!

even tho i will keep watching cause dr who lol

This post was edited by Warlock316 on May 10 2017 03:16pm
May 10 2017 03:23pm
Quote (Warlock316 @ May 10 2017 04:13pm)
not a fan of this companion...... she is too ditsy

"this part of my life you're not apart of" sccreeww you!

brg back pond!

even tho i will keep watching cause dr who lol

This season is a snorefest doesn't help her OR Capaldi tbh, can't even get through this last episode and barely got through the previous.

At least the previous seasons there was something big to aim for. (Finding Gallifrey, Crack in the Wall, end of time, Time Lords to Earth, etc)

With Capaldi, just seems to be doing a bunch of pointless mini quests.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll