d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Car Audio > Anyone Loud? > Whos Pushin Numbers
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 11 2017 08:47pm
Quote (TanKiE @ Jun 9 2017 01:55pm)
I have 13.9v @ .5ohm in my truck, but other people may not..... I have a dedicated 220ah battery bank and 150amp alternator, plenty for what I'm doing.

But like I said for the average guy, most people don't have their shit set up properly, and there are so many variables involved u cant tune an amplifier to its max capacity safely that way

and especially kids that buy a cheap amps that are overrated , trying to set a amp that does 1krms on given electrical but trying to set voltage for 1500rms and your clip city.. again

and I didn't pay "New" price for mine anyways.. and I assume that's your problem is that its 150$, definitely opriced but way cheaper then an accurate oscilloscope

How do you find out weather your head unit distorts? and at what volume? did you just buy an oscilloscope unnecessarily when you could have just used the trusty dd1? B)

By ear
Gold: 1,055.90
Jun 12 2017 11:57am
Quote (eddsoulja @ Jun 11 2017 10:47pm)
By ear

I'm sure you can hear clipping :S

its definitely not useless, and for me in my current situation its proven to be very useful, because I'm using my hifonics at .5 and there is obviously no rating at .5, rather then having to estimates on it and use the dmm or tune it by ear I can just find the distortion point on the amp and cram.

also for the record I'm pretty impressed with the hifonics... think I paid 200 for this bad boy in like 2013 lol, just drove 45minutes full tilt wired at .5 and she is barely warm, definitely putting out good clean power ( as previously stated I have the electrical to be running .5 and have no issues with voltage in the truck)

might do a clamp video in the next few days just to see what shes actually putting out at .5 in real life conditions just for shits.. like I said its impressive for a 200$ amp, and is putting down more power then where I had the kicker adjusted for sure (never clamped it either and that was b4 I had the dd1)

This post was edited by TanKiE on Jun 12 2017 12:05pm
Jun 13 2017 06:48am
Quote (TanKiE @ Jun 12 2017 12:57pm)
I'm sure you can hear clipping :S

its definitely not useless, and for me in my current situation its proven to be very useful, because I'm using my hifonics at .5 and there is obviously no rating at .5, rather then having to estimates on it and use the dmm or tune it by ear I can just find the distortion point on the amp and cram.

also for the record I'm pretty impressed with the hifonics... think I paid 200 for this bad boy in like 2013 lol, just drove 45minutes full tilt wired at .5 and she is barely warm, definitely putting out good clean power ( as previously stated I have the electrical to be running .5 and have no issues with voltage in the truck)

might do a clamp video in the next few days just to see what shes actually putting out at .5 in real life conditions just for shits.. like I said its impressive for a 200$ amp, and is putting down more power then where I had the kicker adjusted for sure (never clamped it either and that was b4 I had the dd1)

You can hear clipping... You can also smell and see and feel it. What exactly do you think the dd1 is really doing for your system? Unless your listening to test tones one at a time and nothing else then the dd1 isn't doing shit plain and simple. Don't believe all tje mainstream bullshit hype you read.. I assume you're listening to music which has 1000s of variations. Which renders the dd1 worthless.

Also you blew your previous subs because you had the gain set too high. The gain isn't a volume knob it's to match the head units voltage. Also very skeptical about your electrical. Lol and why do you keep going on and on about the .5? Putting huge stress on your gear for little to no gain. Lolololol. Shit you keep posting is exactly why car audio is so misinformed and why douche bag like SMD can make money off worthless products by taking advantage of noobs.

This post was edited by eddsoulja on Jun 13 2017 07:02am
Gold: 102.01
Jun 13 2017 01:00pm
Quote (TanKiE @ Jun 9 2017 08:05am)
Whenever I get them I'll do one

I have 2 L7 12s I gotta do too just haven't really gotten to ordering kits

The dmm is one thing but for the average guy not getting the 14.4v his amp was rated at, trying to tune his 1500watt to 1500watts ends up in clip city

But it's better to understand how electrical works and to learn how to clamp and use the formulas I agree but dd1 is kind of fool proof unless u have more amp then sub then common sense comes in to play and the dmm comes out

Put a 15"sa on a ts1300 in a 2010 charger last night, factory head unit pac loc

I mean with a DMM you can tune the amp to whatever wattage. If you lose voltage you can use math to easily figure out wattage/efficiency loss.

/e also the dd1 isn't as accurate as a oscilloscope and only slightly better than a dmm if at all. if you know what you're doing a dmm is as good as a dd1 and can be had for like $30.

This post was edited by Crescendo on Jun 13 2017 01:02pm
Jun 13 2017 01:40pm
Quote (eddsoulja @ Jun 13 2017 08:48am)
You can hear clipping... You can also smell and see and feel it. What exactly do you think the dd1 is really doing for your system? Unless your listening to test tones one at a time and nothing else then the dd1 isn't doing shit plain and simple. Don't believe all tje mainstream bullshit hype you read.. I assume you're listening to music which has 1000s of variations. Which renders the dd1 worthless.

Also you blew your previous subs because you had the gain set too high. The gain isn't a volume knob it's to match the head units voltage. Also very skeptical about your electrical. Lol and why do you keep going on and on about the .5? Putting huge stress on your gear for little to no gain. Lolololol. Shit you keep posting is exactly why car audio is so misinformed and why douche bag like SMD can make money off worthless products by taking advantage of noobs.

Considering Shane was the one who told me to get it, and Shane does nendos repair work.. I'll stick with professional input... I mean you don't repair amps right..?

Maybe you are the misinformed one 😀

U can get close with a dmm If you know the math, and most people don't or just YouTube it and get bad info like you probably did

Jun 13 2017 02:44pm
And I really only play djrusstikals and decaf
.. most or all of it is clean and I'll gladly play your favorite song I don't drop past 13.7
Jun 13 2017 04:13pm
And again I'm not saying dmm is wrong but most people don't even understand how to do the conversions

And since when can you smell clipping what you smell is the sub getting hot and the adhesive heating up, lots of setups get warm lots of setups stink... Doesn't mean they are clipping necessarily, if u do long demos on 3500 ur shit stinks too lmao

And as far as music being in different variations your 40hz tone isn't any better then my 40hz tone ur tuning it the same way dumbass LMFAO how did that escape you?????

Amps at .5 because my 2500 and my 1500 are both out for repair, and this hifonics does like 1k at 2ohm so I wired it to .5 to get some more out of it... As far as being hard on equipment my shit stays cool.. warm at best so it's not like it's getting hot and like I said my voltage is great 13.7 is the lowest I've ever seen playing.. and a previously stated I have 220ah (separate from starting battery) and a 150amp alt... Plenty for the probably 1800-2k I'm pulling (not clamped just an assumption)

But thanks for all your expert knowledge... Hope your methods work to your satisfaction, I know my shits putting out decent I power and doesn't clip that's all I care about

This post was edited by TanKiE on Jun 13 2017 04:24pm
Jun 13 2017 07:22pm
Quote (TanKiE @ Jun 13 2017 05:13pm)
And again I'm not saying dmm is wrong but most people don't even understand how to do the conversions

And since when can you smell clipping what you smell is the sub getting hot and the adhesive heating up, lots of setups get warm lots of setups stink... Doesn't mean they are clipping necessarily, if u do long demos on 3500 ur shit stinks too lmao

And as far as music being in different variations your 40hz tone isn't any better then my 40hz tone ur tuning it the same way dumbass LMFAO how did that escape you?????

Amps at .5 because my 2500 and my 1500 are both out for repair, and this hifonics does like 1k at 2ohm so I wired it to .5 to get some more out of it... As far as being hard on equipment my shit stays cool.. warm at best so it's not like it's getting hot and like I said my voltage is great 13.7 is the lowest I've ever seen playing.. and a previously stated I have 220ah (separate from starting battery) and a 150amp alt... Plenty for the probably 1800-2k I'm pulling (not clamped just an assumption)

But thanks for all your expert knowledge... Hope your methods work to your satisfaction, I know my shits putting out decent I power and doesn't clip that's all I care about

Not once did I say dmm... You can't physically hear a difference between a 1000-1500 watts. And like i said your dd1 isn't setting it perfect like you think it is. No method is 100% because music is so dynamic. Your a dumbass if you think different. You fried your subs because you clipped the shit out of them. If you feel see hear anything from your system then you are clipping. So technically you can smell clipping. Its heating your sub/amp up. So back to your expert advice with your dd1 thats absolutely worthless. Lol and my point wasn't to compare 40hz tones dumbass. I'm saying you use the dd1 to not clip and 40hz... Lmao what about the other tones in music in every song. That are effected by so many different variables.. My point is the dd1 can't do anything special that you can't achieve with using your senses. So anyone who thinks differently is a complete tool... I would consider myself a expert. Been in the audio game for about 18 years and my family longer than that. Lol yeah i can repair amps as well.. Argue with me all you want with your hifonics and your kickers and you amazing dd1
Jun 13 2017 08:06pm
Quote (eddsoulja @ Jun 13 2017 09:22pm)
Not once did I say dmm... You can't physically hear a difference between a 1000-1500 watts. And like i said your dd1 isn't setting it perfect like you think it is. No method is 100% because music is so dynamic. Your a dumbass if you think different. You fried your subs because you clipped the shit out of them. If you feel see hear anything from your system then you are clipping. So technically you can smell clipping. Its heating your sub/amp up. So back to your expert advice with your dd1 thats absolutely worthless. Lol and my point wasn't to compare 40hz tones dumbass. I'm saying you use the dd1 to not clip and 40hz... Lmao what about the other tones in music in every song. That are effected by so many different variables.. My point is the dd1 can't do anything special that you can't achieve with using your senses. So anyone who thinks differently is a complete tool... I would consider myself a expert. Been in the audio game for about 18 years and my family longer than that. Lol yeah i can repair amps as well.. Argue with me all you want with your hifonics and your kickers and you amazing dd1

Did you really use your same point to attempt to knock my equipment? Obviously just here to argue I can't win with you, run 2ohm and be ez on electrical and my kickers junk, run .5 on my hifonics an my electrical can't support it and above all Im a noob because I use a dd1 and mind you I only use it to make sure I'm safe and to find the point the head unit distorts if any.

The dd1 is a tool just like everything else..

Your just making assumptions and taking things out of context obviously music is dynamic obviously I don't set gains with the dd1 and walk away yes I realize you can hear mechanical issues and smell hot subs and feel hot amps and .5 is harder on equipment

And for like the 3rd time, those subs r fine, the tape came loose on both sides of the cab vents, now sealed off with 3 layers of deadener and cramming not making funny noise any more other then the dash is falling apart

My subs are in a 4th order... By the time u hear something funny its usually plain old time for a recone so forgive me for not just playing it by ear, that and I have a single cab that is seeing some pressure .. the truck makes a shit load of noise on its own

Some if the coldest Florida port air I ever felt

This post was edited by TanKiE on Jun 13 2017 08:08pm
Jun 14 2017 05:47am
Quote (TanKiE @ Jun 13 2017 09:06pm)
Did you really use your same point to attempt to knock my equipment? Obviously just here to argue I can't win with you, run 2ohm and be ez on electrical and my kickers junk, run .5 on my hifonics an my electrical can't support it and above all Im a noob because I use a dd1 and mind you I only use it to make sure I'm safe and to find the point the head unit distorts if any.

The dd1 is a tool just like everything else..

Your just making assumptions and taking things out of context obviously music is dynamic obviously I don't set gains with the dd1 and walk away yes I realize you can hear mechanical issues and smell hot subs and feel hot amps and .5 is harder on equipment

And for like the 3rd time, those subs r fine, the tape came loose on both sides of the cab vents, now sealed off with 3 layers of deadener and cramming not making funny noise any more other then the dash is falling apart

My subs are in a 4th order... By the time u hear something funny its usually plain old time for a recone so forgive me for not just playing it by ear, that and I have a single cab that is seeing some pressure .. the truck makes a shit load of noise on its own

Some if the coldest Florida port air I ever felt

First off I'm not here to argue. No you're not going to win if you keep insisting the dd1 is good and useful. I'm here to try and stop misinformation being spread that happens way to much in the audio industry. From dd1s to 4th-6th order enclosures and all

Your missing the whole point. The dd1 gives people a false sense of safety. It's a good idea but t isn't practical and causes more problems than good. The same thing can be achieved by doing like i said. Therefore back to my original statement. The dd1 is useless and a waste of money. It's a tool used to trick noobs into thinking its useful and will save your system in order for a douche bag to make money. Also you said that you don't set gains with it then walk away... That's what its designed to do so therefore you aren't using it as intended and therefore its not needed... As for a 4th order box goes, why did you decide to go with that? What are you gaining? That a normal ported box won't give you(which is technically a 4th order as well btw)?
Go Back To Car Audio Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll