d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > That Moment When > Your Daily Needs To Come Off The Road
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,562.00
Apr 14 2017 02:22pm
Quote (Deathbv @ Apr 14 2017 11:28am)
I don't suppose his name was Aidan?

The builder back in 02 was Matt, and my friend was named Frank. I feel that name Aidan sounds familiar tho... Not sure if he was an owner but I feel like a saw that name and something bad happening on a Facebook VW group

Quote (OldAndyAndTheSea @ Apr 14 2017 12:25pm)
That's really cool! I'm always on the look out for 80's diesel maximas as the LD28 crank makes a hell of a 3.0-3.3L stroker out of my Datsun motors.

I'm sure your friend would be thrilled to know you have become caretaker of his project. I lost my dad 5 years ago, this May, as well. Shitty month, May.

Also glad to hear the Beetle has future plans too.

Thanks man, I'm sure he's happy knowing it didn't end up parting out or being scrap'd. I know his family trust my intensions with it, took a while to convince his mom to let me do something with it. and my condolences as well, sounds like may 5 years ago was a trying time...

And yeah, beetles always got plans and upgrades happening lol. Just finally about to give it some power and a refresh on its old motor.

Quote (LongCut @ Apr 14 2017 02:11pm)
Came here hoping to see a VW (got a soft spot for em) but what I got in return is a wonderful car with one of the best stories I've heard. I'm truly sorry about your friend. I look forward to any updates or photos you take I'm tracking this.

Thx man you doing this has made my day best of luck

:wub: appreciate it man, and I think I'll make a thread for my cars soon as I get the rest of my parts in for the beetle. That way I can have a post to update for both of my cars and whatever I do to them. I'll make a bold topic soon enough :)
Gold: 63,562.00
Apr 16 2017 06:31pm
meant to add this pic a friend took, this steering wheel is awesome... even tho the buttons don't control shit yet :lol:
also been meaning to get some under hood shots for you all, will do that early this week while i fix a busted brake hose... opps

Gold: 0.00
Apr 16 2017 07:06pm
Very nice :hail:
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll