d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Tips For This Tag
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,945.00
Apr 13 2017 02:04pm
Quote (Trig @ Apr 12 2017 06:16pm)
Ok I tried to do a little of what everyone suggested. I played with some tones and contrasting. I used the bright light points from his head, neck and hand. What

http://imgur.com/jBNmppW.jpg

I didn't mean make new light sources that go across the tag. Use the light sources that are naturally on the dude, his shoulder, hand, etc. Til you figure out other things use the old school way, take a soft brush, pick a color from the area, and brush over where the light is natural. Mess with your layer settings, screen/color dodge/soft light etc til you see something you like. Also start practicing using dodge/burn for light and to add depth. The second attempt is better but it's still pretty flat.

Look at this recent tag for example:

The lighting makes sense, and you're drawn to the focal. It has great depth. Try and emulate this tag for the one you're working on.

And go look at tons of tagwalls, I got so much inspiration from doing that back in the day.
Gold: 219.69
Apr 13 2017 02:14pm
Quote (Xandriia @ Apr 13 2017 02:04pm)
I didn't mean make new light sources that go across the tag. Use the light sources that are naturally on the dude, his shoulder, hand, etc. Til you figure out other things use the old school way, take a soft brush, pick a color from the area, and brush over where the light is natural. Mess with your layer settings, screen/color dodge/soft light etc til you see something you like. Also start practicing using dodge/burn for light and to add depth. The second attempt is better but it's still pretty flat.

Look at this recent tag for example:

https://i.imgsafe.org/85f5e5965f.png

The lighting makes sense, and you're drawn to the focal. It has great depth. Try and emulate this tag for the one you're working on.

And go look at tons of tagwalls, I got so much inspiration from doing that back in the day.

>plays league for years
>still refers to lee sin as "the dude"
Gold: 96.65
Apr 13 2017 02:23pm
Quote (Toddler @ 13 Apr 2017 21:14)
>plays league for years

Lol :D
Gold: 1,945.00
Apr 13 2017 08:34pm
Quote (Toddler @ Apr 13 2017 02:14pm)
>plays league for years

Omg

I didn't even realize lmao.

I got perma'd a while ago though, I haven't played in months, so it's not my fault
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll