d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Let's Discus Blood Thirst > 474 Pdps
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 202.99
Apr 24 2017 11:26am
Quote (Ctrain2 @ 24 Apr 2017 17:23)
When you say ele wander - I interpreted it as elemental dmg wands vs physical damage wands. Not phys damage wands conv ele vs phys damage wands conv chaos

ah cause I was talking bout phys wands conversion
the vid I linked is also phys wand converted to elemental afaik

From what i've understood low life builds work better with ele wands (more auras)

CI builds work better with phys wands

Assuming both builds had absolutely perfect gear they would be very close to each other if we look at dmg.
Ele wand builds tend to be cheaper though. Also idk if a perfect ele wand even exists

Phys+chaos/poison wanders just dont scale as well. You have less auras that benefit you and coe isnt all that good as attack dmg does not double dip poison
A lot of the dmg you get is based on vuln/projdmg curses which have reduced effect against bosses and vinktars+wise oak wont be useful

Phys+chaos build also lack the raw dmg that ele builds get which makes aoe clear worse as well. Now I say "worse" but it rly doesnt matter when you 1 or 2-shot everything anyway so its kinda meaningless

this is an updated run (idk what he changed though, at least hes using diamond instead of an atziri flask now
You can see that he totally triavializes shaper so idk if it rly matters which is better when they all come close to this

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Apr 24 2017 11:33am
Gold: 1,070.00
Apr 24 2017 11:41am
Quote (pypyjyys @ 24 Apr 2017 13:26)
ah cause I was talking bout phys wands conversion
the vid I linked is also phys wand converted to elemental afaik

From what i've understood low life builds work better with ele wands (more auras)

CI builds work better with phys wands

Assuming both builds had absolutely perfect gear they would be very close to each other if we look at dmg.
Ele wand builds tend to be cheaper though. Also idk if a perfect ele wand even exists

Phys+chaos/poison wanders just dont scale as well. You have less auras that benefit you and coe isnt all that good as attack dmg does not double dip poison
A lot of the dmg you get is based on vuln/projdmg curses which have reduced effect against bosses and vinktars+wise oak wont be useful

Phys+chaos build also lack the raw dmg that ele builds get which makes aoe clear worse as well. Now I say "worse" but it rly doesnt matter when you 1 or 2-shot everything anyway so its kinda meaningless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx5mBIPVS-0

this is an updated run (idk what he changed though, at least hes using diamond instead of an atziri flask now
You can see that he totally triavializes shaper so idk if it rly matters which is better when they all come close to this

Every time I watch a wander video it just makes me shake my head...

It's hilariously disgusting to watch....

Like you said tho.. when you get to that level of gear... I am sure a handful of builds would do this too.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 27 2017 04:07am
Quote (pypyjyys @ Apr 23 2017 04:34pm)
idk imo wands are just super fun. I'd keep at it
They can do all content in game so no reason to change.

Don't intend to change it is veryyy fun haha. Just hit 90 on it.

Not going poison because this is my post poison/ignite nerf build for 3.0.

Ik every1 says phys is less deeps than ele but Ima stick with it for shits and gigs. Since I'm LL I'm going to forgo the CoE for a higher ES hubris for cheaper enchant + Es. I also dropped 21BM and went Prism guard for Aura. GOing phys wand phys jewels % phys as ele from tree
with 100% conversion. I need to upload char to PoB I want to see how much phys is needed for % auras to over come flat( ex hatred vs anger/HoI vs HoA). Don't think my budget will get to that point if there is even that point. But could be good food for thought. And hell I have more fun in PoB sometimes than PoE. Lul.

I also wna PoB Tornado Wands vs Imbue's. Because I read when both Full crafted the DPS is similiar leaning towards Imbue cuz of IAS. Butttt I wna see tho if u have a lot of % Scaling (hatred/passive tree/HoA/PtL) with phys jewels maybe after auras tornado could be better. Idk something I wna think about for fun.

Hopefully after work I'll have some time 2d to mess around in PoB.

Good convo so far, would have commented sooner but busy Irl. Keep it going.

/e also need to check if 90% conversion with flat lite Vinktars is better than 100% with conversion vink+1 passive.

This post was edited by Footballstar0799 on Apr 27 2017 04:13am
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll