d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Let's Discus Blood Thirst > 474 Pdps
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,070.00
Apr 23 2017 01:37pm
Quote (Footballstar0799 @ 23 Apr 2017 15:20)
I've been wondering this myself. I recently made a wander for shit and gigs. But I wonder, how a wand can beat a Bow with all the opportunity for +1 Arrow for barrage. KB vs LA is kinda moot. Both clear effortlessly. Trying a phys wand full ele conversion build using conversion Vinktars/tree/PtL as pathfinder. Super budget tho atm with only $ invested is a 21 BM lvl4 enlighten and a 6link shavs, besides that it's all like 2c items, voidwalker/thunderfist.... but it's super fun I must say.

Would like to see this thread revived for more opinions on this matter.

Phys to ele* is meh. Phys to chaos is amazing.

Ele generally just stacks auras and scales. It's stronger and cheaper. Phys chaos surpasses this build when you get a good enough wand.

Wands double / triple dip harder than bows. Plus wand multipliers are more generous, and they allow you to wear a shield which generally rolls easier / better than quivers.

Elemental builds GENERALLY scale hardest off attack speed... wands can have higher base attack speeds than most bows and have similar damage rolls.... easier to scale.

Wands are proven to be better... but they are also much more difficult to roll and require a way heftier investment.

This post was edited by Ctrain2 on Apr 23 2017 01:39pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Apr 23 2017 01:38pm
what the fuck is that wand jesus christ science has gone too far
Gold: 202.99
Apr 23 2017 02:34pm
Quote (Footballstar0799 @ 23 Apr 2017 22:20)
I've been wondering this myself. I recently made a wander for shit and gigs. But I wonder, how a wand can beat a Bow with all the opportunity for +1 Arrow for barrage. KB vs LA is kinda moot. Both clear effortlessly. Trying a phys wand full ele conversion build using conversion Vinktars/tree/PtL as pathfinder. Super budget tho atm with only $ invested is a 21 BM lvl4 enlighten and a 6link shavs, besides that it's all like 2c items, voidwalker/thunderfist.... but it's super fun I must say.

Would like to see this thread revived for more opinions on this matter.

idk imo wands are just super fun. I'd keep at it
They can do all content in game so no reason to change
Quote (Ctrain2 @ 23 Apr 2017 22:37)

Ele generally just stacks auras and scales. It's stronger and cheaper. Phys chaos surpasses this build when you get a good enough wand.

Wands double / triple dip harder than bows. Plus wand multipliers are more generous, and they allow you to wear a shield which generally rolls easier / better than quivers.

Elemental builds GENERALLY scale hardest off attack speed... wands can have higher base attack speeds than most bows and have similar damage rolls.... easier to scale.

Wands are proven to be better... but they are also much more difficult to roll and require a way heftier investment.

phys/chaos/poison wanders are strong yes and single target is most likely a tad better cuz you know poison double dip
until you hit good enough gear

ele conversion builds get a lot more survivability through leech just cause your initial hit is so big
You can face tank almost anything with vinktars+vp and good dmg. Same reason Signal shot is so good.

You dont need to rely on stacking poison and waiting for wither stacks to get to 20.

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Apr 23 2017 02:36pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 23 2017 02:38pm
Quote (Ctrain2 @ Apr 23 2017 03:37pm)

Ele has more damage than phys. At equal budget, Ele wander do more damage than signalshot, which is pretty insane. A bit squishier and worse map clear, though.

Downside is you HAVE to use CoE and a +1 Prism guardian for your auras to do any damage.

A good wander does 10-20% more damage than a signalshot , but has about 4-5k less ES and a lot less map clear speed, it is better for bosses though AFAIK.
Gold: 0.90
Apr 23 2017 02:46pm
Quote (Ctrain2 @ 23 Apr 2017 14:37)

Enjoy the double dipping while you can lol, ele builds will be the way to go very soon
Apr 23 2017 02:50pm
Quote (pypyjyys @ 23 Apr 2017 16:34)

phys/chaos/poison wanders are strong yes and single target is most likely a tad better cuz you know poison double dip

ele conversion builds get a lot more survivability through leech just cause your initial hit is so big
You can face tank almost anything with vinktars+vp and good dmg. Same reason Signal shot is so good.

You dont need to rely on stacking poison and waiting for wither stacks to get to 20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmkzQ1nbNc

Quote (xbidoofx @ 23 Apr 2017 16:38)
Ele has more damage than phys. At equal budget, Ele wander do more damage than signalshot, which is pretty insane. A bit squishier and worse map clear, though.

Downside is you HAVE to use CoE and a +1 Prism guardian for your auras to do any damage.

A good wander does 10-20% more damage than a signalshot , but has about 4-5k less ES and a lot less map clear speed, it is better for bosses though AFAIK.

I am almost certain the phys/chaos does more damage when someone did the math.... Which in practice makes sense otherwise phys wands wouldnt be worth so much more... Though you are 100% correct in Ele having more leech / survivability...

---

You reach a point though with a wander or signal shot character where your damage is so big that you can still be phys/chaos and face tank everything with VP... The point of being a wander is being a godlike boss killer and having pretty nice clear speed..

Or atleast that's why I play mine lol..
Gold: 489.12
Apr 23 2017 10:16pm
Quote (pypyjyys @ Apr 23 2017 09:34pm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmkzQ1nbNc

CI 6 million dps, I think we can do better than that, With cheap cheap ele wands.

phys is 100% the weaker variant, by far, Ele Wanders are much much stronger,

Just, Wait for it.

This post was edited by Lamperouge on Apr 23 2017 10:23pm
Gold: 202.99
Apr 24 2017 03:35am
Quote (Lamperouge @ 24 Apr 2017 07:16)
CI 6 million dps, I think we can do better than that, With cheap cheap ele wands.

phys is 100% the weaker variant, by far, Ele Wanders are much much stronger,

Just, Wait for it.

Quote (Ctrain2 @ 23 Apr 2017 23:50)
I am almost certain the phys/chaos does more damage when someone did the math.... Which in practice makes sense otherwise phys wands wouldnt be worth so much more... Though you are 100% correct in Ele having more leech / survivability...

---

You reach a point though with a wander or signal shot character where your damage is so big that you can still be phys/chaos and face tank everything with VP... The point of being a wander is being a godlike boss killer and having pretty nice clear speed..

Or atleast that's why I play mine lol..

are we talking about ele wanders as in wands with ele dmg/piscators or as in phys wand+conversions?
Apr 24 2017 08:23am
Quote (pypyjyys @ 24 Apr 2017 05:35)
are we talking about ele wanders as in wands with ele dmg/piscators or as in phys wand+conversions?

When you say ele wander - I interpreted it as elemental dmg wands vs physical damage wands. Not phys damage wands conv ele vs phys damage wands conv chaos

This post was edited by Ctrain2 on Apr 24 2017 08:23am
Gold: 489.12
Apr 24 2017 09:50am
Quote (pypyjyys @ Apr 24 2017 10:35am)

Rare 2x t1 fire light ele dmg + spell dmg, is farrr stronger than blood thirst.

Quote (Ctrain2 @ Apr 24 2017 03:23pm)
When you say ele wander - I interpreted it as elemental dmg wands vs physical damage wands. Not phys damage wands conv ele vs phys damage wands conv chaos

Doesn't matter, ele's still stronger.

Chaos requires ramp speed, when you're talking about 5-30 million dps region, poison, dot is slower/ less dps when, everything is 1 shot anyways.

This post was edited by Lamperouge on Apr 24 2017 09:53am
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll