Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Apr 10 2017 12:15pm
This dude plays so oddly. It's like he goes beast mode or totally implodes
Gold: Locked
Apr 10 2017 02:47pm
his putter saves him, he is an average player outside of that. Drives below average distance for the elite and rarely scores eagles because of his distance.

If his putting is off from saving him his 25 footers then he shoots like he did yesterday
Gold: 3.00
Apr 11 2017 02:43pm
Quote (Godz_ArmyTank @ Apr 10 2017 03:47pm)
his putter saves him, he is an average player outside of that. Drives below average distance for the elite and rarely scores eagles because of his distance.

If his putting is off from saving him his 25 footers then he shoots like he did yesterday

Would have to almost agree, but he's the best iron player statistically this year on the PGA Tour.
Apr 11 2017 03:46pm
Quote (BadJacks @ Apr 11 2017 03:43pm)
Would have to almost agree, but he's the best iron player statistically this year on the PGA Tour.

I'm pretty sure DJ is #1 GIR this year though, not spieth. Spieth is like 5 or 6.

I'm struggling with my draft kings team this week, any sleepers you have in mind?
Apr 12 2017 11:17am
Quote (Godz_ArmyTank @ Apr 11 2017 04:46pm)
I'm pretty sure DJ is #1 GIR this year though, not spieth. Spieth is like 5 or 6.

I'm struggling with my draft kings team this week, any sleepers you have in mind?

My picks:
Kuchar
Snedeker
DeChambeau
C. Hoffman
Haas

Sleepers:
Furyk
Leishman
Knox
Kisner
Donald

This post was edited by BadJacks on Apr 12 2017 11:39am
Apr 12 2017 01:59pm
I went:

Campos
Dufner
Hadwin
Kaymer
Molinari
Stanley

I would have liked to take kuchar but at 11.5k salary or w/e he was i couldn't justify it. I do think colt knox could be a sleeper but the 2 times i've picked him in the past he s***s the bed. Kisner looked atrocious at the masters, as did hadwin but i like hadwins play style and think he will rebound this week.

Look at Kyle Stanley's stats if you need a deep sleeper, hes only 7200 salary and is top 10 statistics in most of the ones that matter. Also has the distance for eagles, i think the last round he golfed he had 2
Apr 13 2017 08:48am
Quote (Godz_ArmyTank @ Apr 12 2017 02:59pm)
I went:

Campos
Dufner
Hadwin
Kaymer
Molinari
Stanley

I would have liked to take kuchar but at 11.5k salary or w/e he was i couldn't justify it. I do think colt knox could be a sleeper but the 2 times i've picked him in the past he s***s the bed. Kisner looked atrocious at the masters, as did hadwin but i like hadwins play style and think he will rebound this week.

Look at Kyle Stanley's stats if you need a deep sleeper, hes only 7200 salary and is top 10 statistics in most of the ones that matter. Also has the distance for eagles, i think the last round he golfed he had 2

I look at past performances leading up to this event (last 2-4 events, aka see if they are trending upward) and past performances at select courses/tournaments when selecting my guys, especially at classic tournaments like the RBC Heritage where the same group of guys always play well there hence your Kuchar's, Snedeker's and Donald's. Hadwin is a good pick because of his ties to Canada and his recent play. Definitely a guy I forgot, that could very well win.

I didn't really take into consideration daily fantasy values when picking my guys, just giving you a list of my favorite players to play well enough to win this week. Harbour Town is a unique course that requires experience in my mind. I would expect the winner to have had success here in the past.
Apr 14 2017 01:00pm
Quote (BadJacks @ Apr 13 2017 09:48am)
I look at past performances leading up to this event (last 2-4 events, aka see if they are trending upward) and past performances at select courses/tournaments when selecting my guys, especially at classic tournaments like the RBC Heritage where the same group of guys always play well there hence your Kuchar's, Snedeker's and Donald's. Hadwin is a good pick because of his ties to Canada and his recent play. Definitely a guy I forgot, that could very well win.

I didn't really take into consideration daily fantasy values when picking my guys, just giving you a list of my favorite players to play well enough to win this week. Harbour Town is a unique course that requires experience in my mind. I would expect the winner to have had success here in the past.

well all my guys made cut so far so at least i should be in the money for the contest i entered. probably won't be much but who knows what the weekend holds
Apr 17 2017 07:54am
Quote (Godz_ArmyTank @ Apr 14 2017 02:00pm)
well all my guys made cut so far so at least i should be in the money for the contest i entered. probably won't be much but who knows what the weekend holds

My guys finished:

Donald - T2, -12
Kuchar - T11, -8
Snedeker - T11, -8
Knox - T11, -8
Kisner - T11, -8
Leishman - T44, -2
DeChambeau - CUT
C. Hoffman - CUT
Haas - CUT
Furyk - CUT

Picked 2nd place and a bunch of 11th place finishers. Wasn't my best projections then again I didn't really research much. This week I'll look more into it and share.

How did you end up?
Apr 19 2017 07:42am
Quote (BadJacks @ Apr 17 2017 08:54am)
My guys finished:

Donald - T2, -12
Kuchar - T11, -8
Snedeker - T11, -8
Knox - T11, -8
Kisner - T11, -8
Leishman - T44, -2
DeChambeau - CUT
C. Hoffman - CUT
Haas - CUT
Furyk - CUT

Picked 2nd place and a bunch of 11th place finishers. Wasn't my best projections then again I didn't really research much. This week I'll look more into it and share.

How did you end up?

doubled up my entry and that was it, not going to enter one this week because the field is so weak. might just do like a $1 entry.
Go Back To Golf Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll