d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Elder Scrolls Series > New Player Ps4 - Looking For Tips.
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,534.02
Apr 9 2017 01:07pm
Watched a few people play this game and checked out a few youtube video's. Bought the game and it's downloading

Looking for tips/advise to start. What builds are good for beginners, good build/hint websites, things you wish you knew when you started.

I've played most of the ES games, so i'm familiar with the storyline, but not the online MMO option.

Feel free to comment here or PM.

Thx.
Gold: 1,895.00
Apr 9 2017 10:00pm
Just don't start out with a nightblade since that's the hardest class to use and are very gear reliant. I've only made two builds so far so I haven't played them all so I can only comment on dragonknights and nightblades. The dragonknight was very easy to level and play. I've heard templars are the best for beginners though but I haven't played that yet so can't comment.

Some tips are to use your first few skill points to get a skill in each of your 3 class skill lines and have them all on your bar so those skill lines level up. Then pick two weapon bars which vary on build. For dragonknight it was restoration and destruction staffs so I had all 5 on my bar at all times to level them up evenly. You don't have to use a skill to level it up it just has to be on your skill bar to level. You should also pick up crafting early since crafted sets require a certain number of traits researched and you're able to research those traits from item drops. So as you play and you get an item with a new trait you can start to research that.

Don't worry about messing up your build since you can respec at any point for as many times as you want and it's only 50 gold per skill so it's really cheap.

Final tip is to not rush through the game. Your characters level doesn't matter at all since you're scaled up to the world around you which is cp160 (after level 50 your earn champion points (cp) which goes up to 600) so you can go anywhere and do any quest at any point so don't think you need to get to a higher level to do a quest or play with your friends. What does matter are skills and skill levels so as you play look for skyshards in the area you're playing which will help out especially early on when skill points are tight. So just make a char, do the main story and alliance quests that you chose and enjoy! If you have any questions I can try to help
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Apr 11 2017 04:42am
Quote (dark-soul @ Apr 10 2017 05:00am)
Just don't start out with a nightblade since that's the hardest class to use and are very gear reliant. I've only made two builds so far so I haven't played them all so I can only comment on dragonknights and nightblades. The dragonknight was very easy to level and play. I've heard templars are the best for beginners though but I haven't played that yet so can't comment.

Some tips are to use your first few skill points to get a skill in each of your 3 class skill lines and have them all on your bar so those skill lines level up. Then pick two weapon bars which vary on build. For dragonknight it was restoration and destruction staffs so I had all 5 on my bar at all times to level them up evenly. You don't have to use a skill to level it up it just has to be on your skill bar to level. You should also pick up crafting early since crafted sets require a certain number of traits researched and you're able to research those traits from item drops. So as you play and you get an item with a new trait you can start to research that.

Don't worry about messing up your build since you can respec at any point for as many times as you want and it's only 50 gold per skill so it's really cheap.

Final tip is to not rush through the game. Your characters level doesn't matter at all since you're scaled up to the world around you which is cp160 (after level 50 your earn champion points (cp) which goes up to 600) so you can go anywhere and do any quest at any point so don't think you need to get to a higher level to do a quest or play with your friends. What does matter are skills and skill levels so as you play look for skyshards in the area you're playing which will help out especially early on when skill points are tight. So just make a char, do the main story and alliance quests that you chose and enjoy! If you have any questions I can try to help

Templars are easy to play but got nerfed a bit lately, Id personally recommend a sorc at the moment. Dks will be hit hard with next update where they will remove cost reduction cp tree/nerf regen.
Go Back To Elder Scrolls Series Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll