d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The President Must Get Congressional Approval > Before Attacking Syria
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Apr 7 2017 04:55am
True, the GOP would be wigging out right now of it was a Dem doing this. Like they did with Libya when he honored our NATO commitment.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 7 2017 04:57am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 7 2017 12:34am)
well, tonights airstrikes were clearly intended as a surprise attack. military action that is discussed to death in congress before being carried out can obviously never be a surprise attack since the whole world would know their intentions before they get congressional approval. :rolleyes:

so yes, congress must absolutely be asked for approval before a large-scale military operation in a foreign country is started. but shooting a bunch of cruise missiles in a deliberate surprise attack? dont be silly...

Lol Carl Lewis Leaps in Logic pretty standard for a Trump supporter.

Remember when they plagueized Michelle Obama's speech because Trumps wife couldn't say why her husband should be President and you guys called that fubar genius? Same thing here.
Gold: 1,081.00
Apr 7 2017 04:57am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 6 2017 11:34pm)
well, tonights airstrikes were clearly intended as a surprise attack. military action that is discussed to death in congress before being carried out can obviously never be a surprise attack since the whole world would know their intentions before they get congressional approval. :rolleyes:

so yes, congress must absolutely be asked for approval before a large-scale military operation in a foreign country is started. but shooting a bunch of cruise missiles in a deliberate surprise attack? dont be silly...

get ready for the illuminatie death camps
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 7 2017 05:22am
Quote (ampoo @ 7 Apr 2017 10:23)
so disappointed in trump and that he is so easily manipulated by the globalist warmongers around him...

i'd say i was too but it really isn't a surprise, unfortunately. he's just not a smart man and easily manipulated. after all the times he criticised the previous administration for their warmongering, this just is yet another case of typical right wing hypocrisy.

now imagine the gas attack was indeed a false flag operation (again, unlike you i'm not convinced it was but as i said, so far we don't have 100% reliable proof) - how bad would that be?
Gold: 1.00
Apr 7 2017 05:23am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 6 2017 11:55pm)
nobody expected the military strike to occur so quickly. therefore, it was a surprise.

So we can notify Russia about our military strikes, but we can't notify our own congress. Got it

This post was edited by TCassa89 on Apr 7 2017 05:23am
Gold: 18,470.03
Apr 7 2017 05:49am
When war becomes the health of the state, a thriving republic becomes a dying empire.
Gold: 4,383.11
Apr 7 2017 06:06am
Quote (fender @ 7 Apr 2017 12:22)
i'd say i was too but it really isn't a surprise, unfortunately. he's just not a smart man and easily manipulated. after all the times he criticised the previous administration for their warmongering, this just is yet another case of typical right wing hypocrisy.

now imagine the gas attack was indeed a false flag operation (again, unlike you i'm not convinced it was but as i said, so far we don't have 100% reliable proof) - how bad would that be?

his promise to stop playing police in the world was that one thing i thought he would do at all cost and the announcement to stop regime change was really promising
a few days later he bows to globalist warmongers without a second thought on flimsy evidence and by the way goes against his own previous acts so far (i thought he wanted to be on good terms with russia?)

so i personally am suprised big time and i cant believe the establishment has won again
as i said in the other topic, people like hillary are partying right now
Warn: 20%
Apr 7 2017 06:38am
Quote (ampoo @ 7 Apr 2017 13:06)
his promise to stop playing police in the world was that one thing i thought he would do at all cost and the announcement to stop regime change was really promising
a few days later he bows to globalist warmongers without a second thought on flimsy evidence and by the way goes against his own previous acts so far (i thought he wanted to be on good terms with russia?)

so i personally am suprised big time and i cant believe the establishment has won again
as i said in the other topic, people like hillary are partying right now

sorry to destroy your illusions but he IS part of the establishment, always has been - he even bragged about it. the fact that he doesn't have establishment behaviour and that the media (and his gullible fans) fell for the "totally not establishment" candidate act doesn't change that.

his cabinet full of oil and wall street managers? doesn't get any more establishment than that.
his policies concerning environmental protection and fossil fuel? establishment.
his massive tribute to defense contractors? establishment.
his (failed) healthcare "plan"? establishment.
taking away power from the people (contrary to his bs inauguration promise), shitting on the poor? establishment.
playing favours for donors, friends, and family? establishment.

in many ways he's establishment on steroids. sure, you could choose to label that as "not just your REGULAR establishment", but that's hardly an improvement.
and while hillary might not be "partying", this move is certainly something she would have strongly considered - if we choose to ignore the fact that she already opposed syria / russia earlier and would NOT have given putin and assad a green light to indiscriminately bomb syrian civilians, thus maintaining a credible and serious threat towards them rather than being weak, irrational, and erratic like trump.
Apr 7 2017 06:58am
Quote (Ronramos @ Apr 7 2017 01:51am)
Putin was not aware of the attacks before it happened.. And is saying it's a attack against them etc lol

Umm, we called the Kremlin a half hour before the missiles were launched. Russia had personnel at that base. The call was likely to allow them to get out of harm's way first.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4388834/America-launches-airstrikes-Syria.html

Money quote:

The US used a special military-to-military hotline to warn Russia it was launching an airstrike on a Syrian air base about 30 minutes in advance - but the Trump administration did not ask Moscow for permission. It is likely Russia alerted the Syrians about the incoming strikes but this has not been confirmed.

This post was edited by Surfpunk on Apr 7 2017 06:59am
Gold: 2,140.00
Apr 7 2017 09:06am
You understand that lobbing middles on a bunch of Russian troops accidently, is much different than blowing up Syria? Lol
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll