d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > 13 Reasons Why
Prev1234533Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Apr 10 2017 10:04pm
Quote (Greet @ Apr 3 2017 06:16pm)
It's a new Netflix original, I have watched the first 3 episodes so far. It is very good and powerful. Anyone else watch it?

Started last night
I watched first 4 episodes

I'm gonna watch a few more later or tomorrow and binge lol
Apr 12 2017 04:54am
Im episode 10, 4 more to watch.
Gold: 4.37
Apr 12 2017 07:45am
Quote (Nevada @ Apr 12 2017 10:54am)
Im episode 10, 4 more to watch.

finish it!

I can admit, 1 single tear was shed from me on the last episode during a very intense scene.
Apr 12 2017 05:18pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Apr 12 2017 09:45am)
finish it!

I can admit, 1 single tear was shed from me on the last episode during a very intense scene.

Finished it now

Meh, was hard for me to care or find it sad during the whole show when that girl is so freaking hot and you know she's not really dead irl lol...they should used a uglier chick as the main actress thats not a 12/10
While watching just couldn't help but admire how beautiful she is lol especially in the 2nd half with short hairs

I didn't find this whole thing sad at all until the cley's tape and on the last tape with the school director black guy even there it was hard for me to care a bit cuz it was a bit of her own fault as well especially with zach/cley kind of

Good show but dragged a bit if you ask me, should probably been 10 episodes instead of 13 with a bit less characters...still enjoyed it though
Acting was really good

This post was edited by Nevada on Apr 12 2017 05:20pm
Apr 12 2017 06:58pm
Quote (Nevada @ Apr 12 2017 11:18pm)
Finished it now

Meh, was hard for me to care or find it sad during the whole show when that girl is so freaking hot and you know she's not really dead irl lol...they should used a uglier chick as the main actress thats not a 12/10
While watching just couldn't help but admire how beautiful she is lol especially in the 2nd half with short hairs

I didn't find this whole thing sad at all until the cley's tape and on the last tape with the school director black guy even there it was hard for me to care a bit cuz it was a bit of her own fault as well especially with zach/cley kind of

Good show but dragged a bit if you ask me, should probably been 10 episodes instead of 13 with a bit less characters...still enjoyed it though
Acting was really good

So you're saying that you are immature and believe that only "ugly" people can be suicidal? Jesus christ. That, because she was attractive, you let that hinder your interpretation of the show? What the fuck kind of logic is this?

The really deep messages of this show went right over your head.

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Apr 12 2017 06:59pm
Apr 12 2017 07:05pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Apr 12 2017 08:58pm)
So you're saying that you are immature and believe that only "ugly" people can be suicidal? Jesus christ.

The really deep messages of this show went right over your head.

No, that's not the point.
Point is that the reality of it is is in ANY school a 12/10 hot girl like this would NEVER be this rejected random girl with no friends. where that ugly black chick jessica has all the friends and people wanting to fuck her

It just wasnt realistic in that aspect, also the fact that she sends tapes to make people feel bad forever After her death is not cool
She wanted attention and kept turning boys who actually liked her. What she did to zach in the school was kinda bad, had no sympathy for her or when she turned cley in the bed.

It was really hard to find sympathy for her until last 2-3 episodes
First 10, I watched with no emotions at all....middle episodes found it dragged a little bit too much

Acting was really great tho, this cast will be future mega star actors.

This show is good but its overrated and im sure it has to do with the main actress how hot she is (and shes a really good actor) people acting like this is the best show ever.
I understand the point of the show...its good in that aspect

This post was edited by Nevada on Apr 12 2017 07:07pm
Gold: 150.00
Apr 12 2017 07:10pm
Quote (LL0RT @ Apr 7 2017 06:59pm)
looks like a liberal sobshow not sure if i want to force that on myself

i also kinda avoid shows/movies like this. maybe not for the same reason but i just kind of hate the whole oh woe is me. i mean in real life obviously its very sad but eh i hate seeing it in this shit it just feels cheap and tasteless. but i havent even seen it so wtf am i saying maybe its really good.
Apr 12 2017 07:16pm
Quote (MutatedBeaveR @ Apr 12 2017 09:10pm)
i also kinda avoid shows/movies like this. maybe not for the same reason but i just kind of hate the whole oh woe is me. i mean in real life obviously its very sad but eh i hate seeing it in this shit it just feels cheap and tasteless. but i havent even seen it so wtf am i saying maybe its really good.

Middle 6 episodes weren't that good, could removed them all and only shown first 3 and last 3 and you'd got the message.
Show is good but just not realistic enough

Main dead girl actor was really freaking hard to sympathy for her...1st you know she's not dead and you see her literally 40 mins throughout the whole show every episode so in your mind she's still alive
2 guys really liked her then she was screaming at them GO AWAY, I DONT WANNA SEE YOU then they got mad stuff like that
Few times she was playing the hard to get girl where she wanted boys to ask her twice

Then she played the victim, idk how people cry for this lol

Only sad part was the cley's tape which is 1 episode out of like 13 (1 1/2 if you count half the last episode)
Apr 12 2017 07:32pm
Quote (Nevada @ Apr 13 2017 01:16am)
Middle 6 episodes weren't that good, could removed them all and only shown first 3 and last 3 and you'd got the message.
Show is good but just not realistic enough

Main dead girl actor was really freaking hard to sympathy for her...1st you know she's not dead and you see her literally 40 mins throughout the whole show every episode so in your mind she's still alive
2 guys really liked her then she was screaming at them GO AWAY, I DONT WANNA SEE YOU then they got mad stuff like that
Few times she was playing the hard to get girl where she wanted boys to ask her twice

Then she played the victim, idk how people cry for this lol

Only sad part was the cley's tape which is 1 episode out of like 13 (1 1/2 if you count half the last episode)

1.. You are REALLY bad at understanding, and interpreting shows.... The show has selective pacing and uses flashbacks tracking the progress and showing the events that let up to her suicide.......this is so easy to understand. Of course you are going to see her acting. It all leads up to her suicide. All episodes are necessary to progress character development. You never want to take away from developing characters, small or large/

2. She was sexually abused and the show is showing how traumatizing that can be to anyone female or male. This is why she reacted the way she did during her intimate scene with Clay. She reacted the way she did with Zach because she literally lost all trust with his friends, in which he was involved in. After being abused, she has lost of sense of trusting another person whether they "like her" or just pursuing her for sexual reasons.

3. She didn't "play" victim, she WAS the victim. She was abused, raped, stereotyped, and had ongoing social failures.

4. She had friends. She moved to a new school, made friends and then had fallouts. Did you not pay attention?

5. The tapes were the only way she felt she could convey the horrible things that were done to her.

you ARE the problem with society today. you literally don't understand ANYTHING that this show conveyed. It's also not "overrated," it's currently one of Netflixs' most popular shows. it did VERY well in the short time it has been out.

You have to realize that this entire show is based on VERY real issues going on in today's society whether you choose to accept the existence or not. Everything about this show makes sense to me, and i can easily support the messages it conveys on all aspects.

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Apr 12 2017 07:58pm
Apr 12 2017 08:09pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Apr 12 2017 09:32pm)
1.. You are REALLY bad at understanding, and interpreting shows.... The show has selective pacing and uses flashbacks tracking the progress and showing the events that let up to her suicide.......this is so easy to understand. Of course you are going to see her acting. It all leads up to her suicide.

2. She was sexually abused and the show is showing how traumatizing that can be to anyone female or male. This is why she reacted the way she did during her intimate scene with Clay. She reacted the way she did with Zach because she literally lost all trust with his friends, in which he was involved in.

3. She didn't "play" victim, she WAS the victim. She was abused, raped, stereotyped, and had ongoing social failures.

you ARE the problem with society today. you literally don't understand ANYTHING that this show conveyed. It's also not "overrated," it's currently one of Netflixs' most popular shows. it did VERY well in the short time it has been out.

You have to realize that this entire show is based on VERY real issues going on in today's society whether you choose to accept the existence or not.

Dude I know all that
Point is She wasn't raped UNTIL the 11th episode......UNTIL THAT you had no sympathy for her AT ALL (10th episode of cley's tape , then the rape and last episode is where you get sympathy) but first 9 episodes were dragged and overexageration. I found myself bored a lil watching until last few episodes because I just wanted to know why she did it and I was tired of all the dragging leading up to the final tape)

UP To that point before with all the guys saying nice ass WHILE WEARING JEANS and shit MOST GIRLS would be proud of that in todays society, girls are half naked on instagram posting butt pics, cmon...SURE for some it can be direspectful but NOTHING to think worth suiciding over lmfao

Im not fucking dumb I know it uses flashbacks, do you think im like 5 years old? and that I dont know it all leads up to the suicide?

EVERYBODY gets abused and 10 times as worse as she was, she was a pretty girl, and she played hard to get and it backfired on her a few times.
NOTHING leading up to the rape scene WAS LEGIT worth suiciding over. kids in high school have it 10 TIMES worse than this I can assure you

FIRST 9 EPISODES, I WATCHED ALL WITH A STRAIGHT FACE AND NO EMOTIONS AT ALL....ZERO, I was like watching a thriller instead of a sad movie/show. this is how it felt to me and trust me im not shy to admit, if I see a dog die in a movie or someone dies cancer etc im usually pretty quick to get sad (obviously not gonna cry like a baby especially in front of people lol) but you get the point...im not heartless and I do have emotions but this show brought out none out of me at all until last 2-3 episodes and even there I was in no point no shredding any tears at all, I just felt bad and thats it.

Trust me, a girl like the main actress with how beautiful that girl is is just not realistic to have her be in a suicidal movie because most of what happened to her in that movie beside the rape thing is not realistic at all for a girl like her.
She was perfect and we're supposed to think she has no friends and cant get friends? and that everybody out there is there to hurt here? cmon.. lol

If a girl like this was getting bullied in any real school, most "tough guys" would go protect her and tell these bullies to fuck off and would instantly friend her instead of watching other kids humiliate her

Also if the main actress was ugly it would been more believable that she wants to suicide, like lets say shes fat af...ugly face, everyone calls her ugly, fat, disgusting and she knows shes ugly then you can feel for her
but when its a fucking 12/10 hot chick? and she wants to suicide because people say "nice ass" give me a break

I know not only ugly girls that can suicide, but they use a 1% top tier looking girl as that role is just weird...

SPOILER: beside the rape thing the real true message that made me sad was that she killed herself because she liked cley but she thought he didn't care that much because he was too scared to show his true love to her
rest I could care less

This post was edited by Nevada on Apr 12 2017 08:13pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234533Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll