d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Finally > Article 50 Triggered
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 29 2017 11:25am
Quote (WNxIrvine @ 29 Mar 2017 14:49)
Can't we look at typical French memes instead? Just look at the fast reply box on the default setting. Ezpz. :lol:

Gold: 0.00
Mar 29 2017 12:44pm
Quote (WNxIrvine @ 29 Mar 2017 12:03)
Happy to see article 50 get past the ridiculous barricades of anti-democratic muppets down at parliament/Lords unammended. Also happy to see that Gina donkey waste her money on meaningless court cases trying to stop the will of the British people. All any of it would have done was shackle negotiating before it had even begun.

Tough times ahead, but in the long run, this is the right decision for the UK and for the EU.

You rant against these people calling them 'undemocratic' and yet they are attempting to protect parliamentary democracy. Theresa May's tyrannical conduction of the process is counter to democracy and particularly counter to our system of democracy.

I wouldn't expect a Daily Mail reader to fully understand that however.
Mar 29 2017 12:48pm
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 29 2017 06:44pm)
You rant against these people calling them 'undemocratic' and yet they are attempting to protect parliamentary democracy. Theresa May's tyrannical conduction of the process is counter to democracy and particularly counter to our system of democracy.

I wouldn't expect a Daily Mail reader to fully understand that however.

Never touched a daily fail tyvm. The bill was passed through parliament and lords, what more democracy do you need?

A referendum? :lol:
Gold: 5,169.82
Mar 29 2017 01:00pm
Quote (WNxIrvine @ Mar 29 2017 07:06pm)
Can you highlight where the argument is in it? Because I don't see any arguments at all?

I see in your first post you look forward to getting the UK (-england) back, then in your second post you say you're not particularly concerned about getting them back. Then some random rantings.

What are you arguing about? And with who? :huh:

The argument was that in this poll, the difference was quite small except in England. Additionally, many Leave voters have meanwhile openly changed their mind. Because of this, I'd be amused if this would lead to the UK falling apart, because England is the only part that still seems to somewhat want to really leave the EU.

Not to mention the fact that this referendum was so undemocratic it hurts.

I'm sorry my post went over your head. Should I phrase it more simply next time, or should I take the blame and sign up for my next level of English language classes already?

This post was edited by Leevee on Mar 29 2017 01:01pm
Mar 29 2017 01:05pm
Quote (Leevee @ Mar 29 2017 07:00pm)
The argument was that in this poll, the difference was quite small except in England. Additionally, many Leave voters have meanwhile openly changed their mind. Because of this, I'd be amused if this would lead to the UK falling apart, because England is the only part that still seems to somewhat want to really leave the EU.

I'm sorry my post went over your head. Should I phrase it more simply next time, or should I take the blame and sign up for my next level of English language classes already?

Can you please bold where any of that is in the previous quote? Thanks.
Mar 29 2017 01:07pm
Quote (WNxIrvine @ 29 Mar 2017 18:48)
Never touched a daily fail tyvm. The bill was passed through parliament and lords, what more democracy do you need?

A referendum? :lol:

Which bill? The bill to hold a referendum? Because what Gina was fighting for was for the terms of Brexit to be presented to parliament before article 50 was invoked so Theresa May could not be the sole arbiter of the terms under which we leave. What her 'undemocratic' actions have achieved is to deny May the use of the Royal Perogative and created an air of greater scrutiny of her negotiations. It had nothing to do with 'blocking Brexit' as you seem to be implying.

For someone who has never read a Daily Mail you sure seem to be able to parrot their propagandist, hatemongering rhetoric with unerring accuracy.

This post was edited by Scaly on Mar 29 2017 01:09pm
Mar 29 2017 01:12pm
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 29 2017 07:07pm)
Which bill? The bill to hold a referendum? Because what Gina was fighting for was for the terms of Brexit to be presented to parliament before article 50 was invoked so Theresa May could not be the sole arbiter of the terms under which we leave. What her 'undemocratic' actions have achieved is to deny May the use of the Royal Perogative and created an air of greater scrutiny of her negotiations. It had nothing to do with 'blocking Brexit' as you seem to be implying.

For someone who has never read a Daily Mail you sure seem to be able to parrot their propagandist, hatemongering rhetoric with unerring accuracy.

Ah yes! There would have been no scrutiny of her negotiations if our saviour Gina Miller hadn't stepped in. :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

I'm sure it had nothing to do with trying to protect her wealth. Nothing at all. :lol:
Mar 29 2017 01:18pm
Quote (WNxIrvine @ 29 Mar 2017 19:12)
Ah yes! There would have been no scrutiny of her negotiations if our saviour Gina Miller hadn't stepped in. :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

I'm sure it had nothing to do with trying to protect her wealth. Nothing at all. :lol:

Well there really wasn't any way for people to scrutinise her process. She was keeping it secret. That's the issue. It took a court order for Theresa May to outline the terms, to come out and say she was planning on leaving the single market.

You can speculate on her motivation all you like. It's irrelevant. The argument she made was sound whatever her reason for making it.

This post was edited by Scaly on Mar 29 2017 01:20pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 29 2017 02:05pm
purchase power going down
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 29 2017 04:33pm
Quote (Leevee @ 29 Mar 2017 20:00)

With a referendum, I always have this thought floating around: How many of those ppl that voted "leave" would have voted "stay" when a part of the EU agreement would have changed, or a compromise would be made?

What if the referendum would have options like:
o Stay
o Leave
o Regulation reform within the EU
o I am against this subject to be in a referendum, it is too complex to let it be decided on votes from citizens. (stimulating non-voters to vote)

And then you needed to have 50% of the votes to leave the EU.
All the other options would imply staying in the EU. (Or leave it up to the government).

Brexit is happening though.. And because of it, I'm up for a referendum to change laws on referendums.
I might have to miss some British commuters in my country because of it.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Mar 29 2017 04:34pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll