d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Wolfbarb For Solo Uber Tristram Hc > Questions Regarding Wolfbarb Hc
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 124.00
Mar 29 2017 05:18am

working up my barb to be a wolfbarb on hc ladder

goal: solo ubertristram

I remember i did this during the last period i played d2 back 2011, and now im trying to remake the experience.

This is what i remember:
Wolf howl helm
storm with um
chains of honor armor
raven
bulkatos
dracul
gore riders
highlord

also had torch, anni and a lot of life.. like 7k hp

But i dont remember what i used as weapon and what i socketed the helm with

Any advice in general would also be much appretiated thx
Gold: 22,612.50
Mar 29 2017 05:23am
All you need is to max all resists except fire, keep fire at around 30 and equip a rising sun. thats all :P you're immortal and everything else is a flex slot.
Gold: 0.50
Mar 29 2017 09:40am
You will need more crushing blow for the uber ,
with your set up stormlash can be a good option which have a nice attack speed and damage , the static proc help a lot too
Gold: 124.00
Mar 29 2017 04:20pm
Thx for advice. Considering grief or last wish berserker axe as well. tried a botd axe, that didnt do the job
Gold: 109.01
Mar 29 2017 04:30pm
Quote (Shootadin @ Mar 29 2017 05:20pm)
Thx for advice. Considering grief or last wish berserker axe as well. tried a botd axe, that didnt do the job

Wolfbarbs are great chars, in ubers your best bet is going to be using up'd Ribcracker. Because you have to wear wolfhowl, you dont get to use the standard gface leaving little room to fit in crushing blow. Lastwish has pretty terrible damage and attacks super slow, I'd pass on this for sure. IK maul or windhammer would be stronger then lw even.

The way I see it you have two good options ;

griefpb mainhand + beast offhand. (only the main hand hits so you dont have to worry about differing masteries or durability of the axe) The fanat will up your damage and attack rating then you'll want to use Duress armor and gores. This will hit pretty hard.

Ribcracker + fort/coh (duress is fine too) this is the stick that has everything your character is looking for.

Stormlash + beast offhand (or lanceguard if you insist on a shield for 20% more deadlystrike)

The shield is slowing you down.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on Mar 29 2017 04:31pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll