d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Advice On "perfect Paladin"
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 375.50
Mar 28 2017 09:32pm
I have been working on a build for quite some time, and I wanted to get your opinion on the gear. I am currently running Zeal/Fanat and this is what I have accumulated

All of these items have perfect stats. I spend a great deal of time searching during this season and just got this set up.

Ethereal Heaven's Light Mighty Scepter socket: Zod + 40ed15Ias/Ohm/Shael/Vex (Not sure which to use) OR Perf Azurewrath with 30 Max Jewel

Tyreals Might (Yes perfect) with a 15res/15ias Jewel

Crown of Ages (Debating Ber/Ber or 15/15's)

Metalgrid with Perf stats

Perfect Def Upped HoZ (Based on other sockets, Maybe Um/ber)

Perfect Raven Frost

Perfect Wisp Protector

Draculs

Perfect Upped War Travs/Eth Sanstorm

String of Ears (For the leech and dr)

Inventory:
Perf Anni and Torch
5 45 life, combat charms
4-12 3/20/20s (Depends on if I am picking up)

Stash switch outs:
Perf Templars Might (Ranged fight)
Perf Alma Negra (Ethereal)
Perf Lightsabre (Almost perf... the skill damage is 18)
Perfect Upped Thundergods
Dwarf Star/Absorb rings (A pair of all absorb rings)
Perfect Shadowdancers *FHR/Dex*
Pcomb/FHR switchout
Perf Upped Gores
Perfect Steelrends
I am a collector so I also have a perfect version of every elite shield. The only ones I ever use are Spirit Ward and Head Hunters (when geared up with Templars/carrion and defense vs missles)

I am primarily a PvM player, and I am wanting to have the character be able to handle any mob in the game. I have been running
20 Sacrifice
20 Zeal
20 Fanat
20 Holy Shield
20 Defiance
1 pt into everything else basically.

With the build, the one thing I have noticed is that I don't have mana leech. It has become an issue when facing mobs that zap you dry. I've considered ZOD/Vex in the scepter, but depending where I am I may be using Azurewrath. Other then that, I seem to be pretty strong but feel as if I am lacking somewhere. Any advice would be appreciated.

I do have a perf exile(resistance), A perfect damage Phoenix (465) and Perf Grief/LastWish but I was aiming to stay with uniques, as dumb as that may sound.

Any opinions on what I may be able to do to tighten the build down? I never seem to have an issue with bosses, but some mobs put a hurt on me. The goal originally was to use my primary build (bold) in a way that I wouldn't need to swap out gear often. The Alma Negra is for aggro when they join. If geared right I can stand in most elemental attacks unphased. I seem to lose on resistance for melee reduction, but using stormshield I maintain both.

Your thoughts? You can PM or post. I really would like any suggestions because this has been a decade dream of mine to complete. Now that I have the gear I just need the right arrangement of skills/stats/gear to walk the whole game. The char can do ubers if I use rune weapons but the principle idea was based on Tyreal by using the armor and Azurewrath for most things.

***Edit: The dream would be to find a perfect Seraphs and spend my days running Chaos/baal with all the damage to demons/undead. I probably just need to sit down and focus on hard caps and breakpoints

This post was edited by DragonofDavkas on Mar 28 2017 09:34pm
Gold: 1,490.00
Mar 28 2017 10:01pm
Grief pb is a lot better than heavens loght
Eth Death is a lot better too
Upped hoz is fine. 15 ias/15@ or 15 ias/40 ed jewel if need ias bp. Um for cheap. Ber isnt needed.
Guillie is a lot better than coa. The cb+ds is nice for u and the fhr is just enough for u.
Fortitude or enigma are way better than the armors u listed
Soe as belt
Loh as gloves (u dont need draks, the life tap will overrid a more usefull aura from merc (reapers decripify))
Gores as boots
Raven is a must indeed
Other ring should be melee ring with atleast mana leech.

Basically this is what is the best for pvm:
Grief pb/edeath ba (or ettin axe)
Fort/eni (forts 300 dmg is cool and eni for teleport to relocate merc)
Loh
Highlords
Guillies 15 ias/40 ed or 15/15 or 40 ed/9 str jewel (best dmg if u dont need the ias)
Hoz w/ 15/40 or 15/15 (um is fine too here)
Gores
Soe
Raven
Melee ring

Cta+spirit on switch.

Merc:
A2 nm offensive
Eth reapers
Guillies 15/15
Eth treachery

20 fanat
20 sacr
20 zeal
1 holy shield
1 vengeance (optimal vs immunes when decr doesnt proc)
Some pts in res fire/light for passive +1 max res every 2 hard points invested.

Def is kinda useless in pvm.
Gold: 8.73
Mar 28 2017 10:03pm
Grief
Fortitude
Guillame's
Highlord
4os/15 dr shield or 4os/deflecting
Gore rider or goblin toe

If you want to go without runewords get a 4os/100 life armor or a gladiator's babe.
Gold: 3,854.69
Mar 29 2017 06:12am
if you wana stay with full unique:

pcsk -> more 3/20/20
grid -> HL
wt/trecks -> gores
wisp -> dwarf
tyrael -> Gbane or guardian angel
heavens light -> runemaster zod + ohm/ber/Lo
need 80ias = HL + 4*15ias jewels in armors
Gold: 0.00
Mar 29 2017 06:35am
What the fuck
Gold: 100.24
Mar 29 2017 06:46am
Quote (HARRISONJONES @ 29 Mar 2017 14:35)
What the fuck

I thought the same. Not sure if trolling...
Gold: 6.69
Mar 29 2017 07:45am
You left out dream circ

Gold: 375.50
Mar 29 2017 09:40am
I can understand the thought Im trolling but realistically I am just trying to pull off a unique only build utiliizing Tyraels and Heavens Light/Azurewrath.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 29 2017 05:34pm
Quote (DragonofDavkas @ Mar 29 2017 12:40pm)
I can understand the thought Im trolling but realistically I am just trying to pull off a unique only build utiliizing Tyraels and Heavens Light/Azurewrath.

Make a shocker then with crescent moon pb for example. Unsure whether griffon highly increases your damage or you're better off with a circle, it's fun. I remember having one in 1.11, but couldn't afford nor wanted to use a griffon on such a char. It's an original pvm char and leaves lots of design space. Just make sure you hit enough fps, stack enough Resis and got enough lightning damage.

Your merc wears Infinitiv obviously

/with a zealot you pretty much have to stick with gulli, forti and grief or death, if you want to kill fast

This post was edited by HARRISONJONES on Mar 29 2017 05:35pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll