d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > New Rules Today
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16.80
Mar 28 2017 05:14pm
Quote (CocaineKitty @ Mar 28 2017 05:13pm)
That's what you call before leaving a poker game

Not once in my life have I ever had to tell someone 15 minutes before I left a table.
Gold: 54.10
Mar 28 2017 05:19pm
Quote (Gangbang @ Mar 28 2017 06:14pm)
Not once in my life have I ever had to tell someone 15 minutes before I left a table.

Then they didn't have a clock
Gold: 0.00
Mar 28 2017 05:46pm
Quote (Zigity @ Mar 28 2017 01:52pm)
Does that last rule mean you can't spike the ball under 2 minutes anymore? When the fuck else would you spike the ball

Bunch of BS with the kick leap too. cheaters gonna cheat, though :rofl:

I think that needs some clarification. Is running out of bounds intentionally also against the rule?
I'm sure this is cliff notes version. Actual rule book content will go into much more detail I'd imagine

This post was edited by Kazium on Mar 28 2017 05:49pm
Gold: 16.80
Mar 28 2017 05:54pm
Quote (Bigworm @ Mar 28 2017 05:19pm)
Then they didn't have a clock

I'm talking about in real life. Not on this site.
Gold: 24,000.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 28 2017 06:00pm
Quote (Gangbang @ Mar 28 2017 03:25pm)
Did you read the rule? Its to protect the person jumping. Because the coaches said they were teaching the lineman to cut their legs out and they have been landing on their heads.

Who landed on their head? I honestly didn't see one person hit their head on the ground after leaping.

Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Mar 28 2017 03:27pm)
What are you even spazzing about? In the same meeting that they said no more leaping, they extended defenseless receiver rules to players running a passing route. Not sure you could have drawn a worse comparison right there.

Now if you actually read the specifics of their release instead of the summary, it gives you more information on the changes.

The rule that #15 affects is as follows:

Literally all that changes is what you couldn't do in the final minute can no longer be done in the final 2 minutes.

Receivers get lit the fuck up, some guy jumping over the center isn't going to be popped at 15+ mph while he isn't paying attention.

So this is a good comparison, it shouldn't be a rule and only is because certain players fucking killed it while doing the "leap" block.
Gold: 54.10
Mar 28 2017 06:03pm
Quote (Gangbang @ Mar 28 2017 06:54pm)
I'm talking about in real life. Not on this site.

What is this real life you speak off
Gold: 6,313.21
Mar 28 2017 06:06pm
Quote (MilkMaid @ Mar 28 2017 08:00pm)
Who landed on their head? I honestly didn't see one person hit their head on the ground after leaping.

Receivers get lit the fuck up, some guy jumping over the center isn't going to be popped at 15+ mph while he isn't paying attention.

So this is a good comparison, it shouldn't be a rule and only is because certain players fucking killed it while doing the "leap" block.

Aaaaaand you do understand that it was just made illegal for receivers to get lit up in yet another huge portion of their game, right? That's why it's a bad comparison - you tried to say that it shouldn't be changed because receivers take big hits without understanding that receivers just got even more protection.

Leaping over the line is going to lead to major injuries which will leave replacement level players out of work, if not with long term damage. Pay attention beyond thinking "Dur this targeted Seattle so it's just the big bad NFL tryin tuh stahp the 12s" and you'd realize that a lot of people understand the change. You can still leap, you can still put your arms up to block it (which is how most kicks are blocked). You just can't try to leap over players. Players, coaches, and analysts have already said that allowing leaping to continue will result with DLs at the knees of OLs while OLs will attempt to stand up and flip people. In a very rare move, the NFL is taking a proactive approach and stopping something before it becomes a problem. Sorry that you think one player on your team doing it a few times should result in the rest of the league suffering.
Mar 28 2017 06:15pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Mar 28 2017 05:06pm)
Aaaaaand you do understand that it was just made illegal for receivers to get lit up in yet another huge portion of their game, right? That's why it's a bad comparison - you tried to say that it shouldn't be changed because receivers take big hits without understanding that receivers just got even more protection.

Leaping over the line is going to lead to major injuries which will leave replacement level players out of work, if not with long term damage. Pay attention beyond thinking "Dur this targeted Seattle so it's just the big bad NFL tryin tuh stahp the 12s" and you'd realize that a lot of people understand the change. You can still leap, you can still put your arms up to block it (which is how most kicks are blocked). You just can't try to leap over players. Players, coaches, and analysts have already said that allowing leaping to continue will result with DLs at the knees of OLs while OLs will attempt to stand up and flip people. In a very rare move, the NFL is taking a proactive approach and stopping something before it becomes a problem. Sorry that you think one player on your team doing it a few times should result in the rest of the league suffering.

Maybe conversing in text is just not enough.
My point is it's a stupid fucking rule and shouldn't even be bothered with but you just seem to think I'm homering, pretty sure the only team to have had points from a leaped kick was Denver. Sorry that GB has no athletic players to leap and block a kick.

If you honestly think people will start intentionally hurting the leaping player then put rules in that won't allow that, not rules in that won't allow a player to make a play.

What about this: No more diving catches from the receiver because they could hit the ground and roll up on their neck causing major trauma.

Name one person who was injured from leaping to block a kick. Please fucking inform me.

If and when someone gets injured from it
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Mar 28 2017 06:20pm
Quote (MilkMaid @ Mar 28 2017 08:15pm)

What about this: No more diving catches from the receiver because they could hit the ground and roll up on their neck causing major trauma.

Don't let the NFL competition committee see this... they'll probably adopt it for 2018
Mar 28 2017 06:25pm
Quote (WatcherOfTheSkies @ Mar 28 2017 05:20pm)
Don't let the NFL competition committee see this... they'll probably adopt it for 2018

Next years add-ons: receivers are allowed to catch the ball with no defensive contact due to someone getting hurt. Receiver must be able to go up for the ball while defensive backs must wait for them to catch the ball and then make a football move.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll