d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The War Against Free Speech Continues
Prev14567810Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Mar 29 2017 08:27am
Quote (Hizkuntza @ Mar 28 2017 11:55pm)
where I grew up, it's not safe for people to go attend soccer games because the ultras love starting fights for no reason. my parents rarely took me to the stadium for that. but when my friend got beaten up at a game, I didn't say it was his fault and that he should've gone bowling instead. because I'm never going to tell someone it's his fault scumbags mess with innocent people when they're trying to do something as trivial as watching a game. and as far as I'm concerned, nowhere in the world people blame spectators for getting hurt in hooligan violence. because they understand people shouldn't be bubble-wrapped to do such trivial things.

if you got beat up at a stadium what do you think your parents would have said?
Gold: 0.00
Mar 29 2017 10:22am
Quote (Handcuffs @ 29 Mar 2017 03:33)
This is, I think, fundamentally a flawed viewpoint on this topic. There is no distributed level of responsibility when it comes to rape, as all responsibility and blame lies squarely with people who rape.

The world isn't, and shouldn't be, approached from a renter's insurance perspective, where if you didn't take ever last precaution to protect your home (body), you're SOL on insurance payments on anything that was stolen. There's a difference between saying it's a good idea to lock your doors v. saying you have a level of responsibility in your own home burglary. Similarly, is it in general a good idea not to get black-out drunk or intoxicated to the point where you're unable to take care of yourself? Absolutely. That doesn't mean you're then responsible, even to the smallest degree, for your rape if that happens while you are though.

Well that's a very naïve view. If you aren't responsible for taking precautions for protecting yourself then who is?
You can put out videos teaching men about consent all fucking day and it won't make a damned bit of difference. Some people out there are just bad people and will seize an opportunity to do bad shit if it presents itself. If you make it easier for them then it is partly your fault if you become their victim.

You don't jump into a lion's cage in the zoo and claim no responsibility if you're mauled. It's the same thing. Sure the rapist is an agent themselves and bears the brunt of the responsibility but you know these bad people are out there and if you don't protect yourself then you are partly at fault should something happen to you.

Quote (Handcuffs @ 29 Mar 2017 03:40)
What? That literally is victim blaming. People can dress however they want and shouldn't be expected to be raped.

I don't understand the hangup. This is such a simple concept...

Exactly. It's a simple concept. Everyone should accept the possibility they may be raped and take precautions to prevent it.

It's all well and good to view these things as not your fault and we aren't going to prosecute anyone as an accessory to their own rape because they went out alone and got blind drunk but to remove all sense of responsibility for protecting oneself is ridiculous. Your choices are your own. You choose to place yourself at risk. Simple.

The kind of behaviour your way of thinking promotes puts women at risk. Simple.
Go out on your own, wearing hotpants, get blind drunk and pass out in an alley. You have no responsibility for your safety.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Mar 29 2017 10:46am
Quote (duffman316 @ Mar 29 2017 10:57am)
if you got beat up at a stadium what do you think your parents would have said?

"We raised you as a <rival team> and you'll die a <rival team>" followed by a headbutt from Ma
Gold: 7.77
Mar 29 2017 12:26pm
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 29 2017 04:22pm)
Well that's a very naïve view. If you aren't responsible for taking precautions for protecting yourself then who is?
You can put out videos teaching men about consent all fucking day and it won't make a damned bit of difference. Some people out there are just bad people and will seize an opportunity to do bad shit if it presents itself. If you make it easier for them then it is partly your fault if you become their victim.

You don't jump into a lion's cage in the zoo and claim no responsibility if you're mauled. It's the same thing. Sure the rapist is an agent themselves and bears the brunt of the responsibility but you know these bad people are out there and if you don't protect yourself then you are partly at fault should something happen to you.

Exactly. It's a simple concept. Everyone should accept the possibility they may be raped and take precautions to prevent it.

It's all well and good to view these things as not your fault and we aren't going to prosecute anyone as an accessory to their own rape because they went out alone and got blind drunk but to remove all sense of responsibility for protecting oneself is ridiculous. Your choices are your own. You choose to place yourself at risk. Simple.

The kind of behaviour your way of thinking promotes puts women at risk. Simple.
Go out on your own, wearing hotpants, get blind drunk and pass out in an alley. You have no responsibility for your safety.

This thread is legit making me SJW triggered.

Like I've already said, there's a world of difference between saying that people should look out for their safety v. they are even remotely responsible for their own rape.

Got hit by a drink driver at 2 in the morning? Sorry, but you're a bit responsible for your own car accident since you chose to drive at around last call. That's absolute absurdity...

The lion analogy is absolute garbage, and in so many different ways. Someone who jumps into a lion cage is proactively seeking danger in a situation where they know precisely where the danger lies due to shit like warning signs and a fucking fenced enclosure. Let me know when rapists have warming signs and a fence around them please.

Scaly is legit the kind of person who 1) Likely has never worked directly with people in crisis from sexual assault and rape, and 2) If they did work with someone in crisis, would probably tell them that they are 20% responsible for their own rape.

My way of thinking doesn't "put women at risk" at all. It's the way of thinking that people who do this kind of work operate under the field-over. Besides, who thinks it's only women who get raped? Lol

This post was edited by Handcuffs on Mar 29 2017 12:30pm
Gold: 500.00
Mar 29 2017 12:56pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Mar 29 2017 01:26pm)
Got hit by a drink driver at 2 in the morning? Sorry, but you're a bit responsible for your own car accident since you chose to drive at around last call. That's absolute absurdity...

so... stay in your lane, get struck by a drunk driver and die
then have your funeral attended by sjw's talking about how drunk drivers need to learn to drive properly
and cue the autistic screeching when someone brings up the value of defensive driving and how it could have saved your life

cuz that's what's truly despicable here, suggesting people ought to do things to reduce the liklihood of a car accident

This post was edited by duffman316 on Mar 29 2017 12:57pm
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Mar 29 2017 01:05pm
i worked graveyard once until a drunk driver influenced me
Mar 29 2017 01:14pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Mar 29 2017 06:56pm)
so... stay in your lane, get struck by a drunk driver and die
then have your funeral attended by sjw's talking about how drunk drivers need to learn to drive properly
and cue the autistic screeching when someone brings up the value of defensive driving and how it could have saved your life

cuz that's what's truly despicable here, suggesting people ought to do things to reduce the liklihood of a car accident

SJWs wouldn't go to a funeral for that. Only people of your position are concerned about that, and you'd likely be at the funeral saying that they were partly responsible for their death.
Mar 29 2017 01:43pm
Quote (Tuna_BeIIy @ Mar 29 2017 04:46pm)
"We raised you as a <rival team> and you'll die a <rival team>" followed by a headbutt from Ma

People day-drink too, so better to stay off the road entirely.
Gold: 18,470.03
Mar 30 2017 06:00am
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/transgender-joke-dave-chappelle/

Dave seems completely unaware of the climate in which we live.
Or he just doesn't give af.
Gold: 18,470.03
Mar 30 2017 06:02am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 28 2017 02:06pm)
Hey keep that up and he might realize that a state that doesn't have a strong authority to defend individual freedoms results in those liberties getting taken away by non-state actors who then become a de facto state and ron paul promptly vanishes in a puff of logic

Ron Paul is a minarchist not an anarcho-capitalist. So am I.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567810Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll