d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Classic Q's - Looking To Start Back Up
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 28 2017 09:54am
I'm looking to boot up D2, but I'm not really interested in playing LoD, doing Baal runs, and being decked out in runewords. I want the nostalgic experience from when I was around 10, having only rares and finding everything.

How active is the Classic Ladder?

Are builds rather straight forward? I was thinking of going standard Zealot for the firth play through.

Is it worth doing SP and patching to an old patch or is the current patch pretty fun on Classic?
Gold: 408.88
Mar 29 2017 09:14am
Hello,

Classic is more active during the start of a ladder, which is going to be in May i think. Currently i am not sure what is exactly going on as I am working on a SP char :D
There are some straight forward cookie cutter builds, which can be found in the guide topic. There are also some cool variations to try - some are also mentioned in the guide, some you might have to fish out yourself :D.
What is a standard Zealot though ? Fanatism and physical damage one?

The current patch is probably the most balanced when it come to PvM meta. If you are looking for some imba fun times i'd recommend checking out some other patches.

I am currently working on a holy shock zealer, which i might combo with holy freeze in the future. This build is fun, how ever immunes and right items are a problem :D

Gold: 19,005.00
Mar 29 2017 12:10pm
Quote (lod254 @ 28 Mar 2017 17:54)
Are builds rather straight forward? I was thinking of going standard Zealot for the firth play through.

Zealot is not really a smooth sail build. WW barb (2h maces) along with Hammerdin and arguably Blizz and Orb/FB sorc are the cookie cutters.

Quote (lod254 @ 28 Mar 2017 17:54)
Is it worth doing SP and patching to an old patch or is the current patch pretty fun on Classic?

Old patches are worth it if you wanna play physical damage bowazon (1.09d) or try some of the exotic builds such as IM/BG/Scaling CE necro (1.00) or Iceblink WW barb (1.00).
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll