d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Iso Advice About Mf Runs > Soso Or Baba?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 140.00
Mar 28 2017 03:41am
Hi. I have a question about mf runs. Currently i am using barbarian lvl 94 with gear:

Shaco

Enigma ap

Botd ba

Lw ba

Upped magefists

Arach

Rare ring 10fcr 20mf

Nagel 30

Amu 16fcr 21mf

Wt 50mf

Torch anni and many mf charms

His total mf is avout 450

I use some fcr items to reach 63fcr breakpoint, and with this he can tele pretty fast = faster runs.
I kill only bosses/champions and ofc use skill find item on them. I am rushing mausoleum, ancient tunnels and travi temples (high or max lvl areas).
But to be honest i havent found anything good for about month.. Is it just unluck or maybe this setup is wrong?
He tele fast, kill fast (whirlwind ofc) and dont have problems with immunes becouse of mercs eth reapers tool.

Any of you have any experience with mf with barbarian? Any advices?
And second question - is light sorc better for mf in this areas? Shes faster but doesnt have item find skill wchich is amazing for mf runs.
Can someone give an opinion?

Gold: 14,280.00
Mar 28 2017 04:03am
Unluky? Probably yes, but not to much
Setup is wrong? Yes, Botd BA is a mediocre choice, LW is a terrible choice, 2 Grief PB is going to give you more than double damage (more damage more faster runs)
Kill fast? Not really, Barb is kinda slow, and with your weapons choice even mooore slow.

Any advices? tele in switch with 2 hoto, change weapons to double Grief PB, change magefist to Laying of Hand, change amu with HL, Rare ring need 10fcr and life and mana leech, change nagel for a 40mf magic ring and I would change Shako for a Ist Guillaume face.

105fcr on switch (faster tele), tons more of killing speed, more than enough mf.

Is Light sorc better? yes, a lot better, but is not to good for travi temples, you should skip this with light sorc and add full chaos run for example to the route.

Use this:

Lightning

Griffon Eye with Facet
Mara
Hoto
Enigma
Spirit monarch 32+fcr
Chance guards
Arach
2 soj
war travelers

CTA/Spirit switch and some MF/FR charms to cap fire res, then Gheed and some more MF small charms (about 250-300mf is more than enough with this killing speed, add some skillers)

Max Lightning, Chain Lightning, Lightning mastery, Charged bolt
1 point into Warmth, static field, Teleport (optional if you use only enigma) and Frozen armor (optional), rest into Nova

Act2 Nightmare ofensive merc (might aura)
Andariel visage with 15ias(+fire res) jewel
treachery
eth infinity in threser or Giant threser

Defensive mercenary works too, fortitude instead of treachery is also an option

Str for gear and rest vita.
Mar 28 2017 05:06am
I know its better to kill faster with less mf than opposite, but your item setup, although it will increase killing speed like hell, is really low on mf. With this items i will end up killing things very fast (ofc as for barb possibilities) but with mf 200-250.
Isnt it not enough to make any sense for mf runs?
Also tele switch on hotos = 360 less mf during horking bodies (2x 6xist swords on switch). Is it worth?
Gold: 14,280.00
Mar 28 2017 06:05am
Shako ist 75, enigma ~90, rare ring 20, nagel 30, WT 50, amu 21 = 286 + 164 in charms for 450mf

vs

25 guillaume, ~90 enigma, 40 magic ring, let's assume 0 in the new dual leech ring, 50 wt = 205 +164 in the same charms = 369 mf

369mf probably doing the same run in half time thanks to damage and 105fcr >>> 450mf with your setup, so yes, you are going to find a lot more stuff.

Now for the double ist swords switch, 3 things.

1) Having 700+ mf for horking is only useful if you reaaaly want uniques, don't know is this is what you really want, but usually the more valuable items are rares, and with 700 mf a lot of rares, instead of rares are uniques and sets, so less mf is better

2) The difference of 729mf vs 369mf even if is noticeable is not as big as you may think, above 400 mf the dismissing return of mf is huge, even more for uniques, and with 700 you should want uniques.

3) if you look how much are you losing to have fcr in the main gear to compensate the lack of fcr in switch, then that extra mf is not worth, to be honest a really high mf hoorking barb for me is only viable if someone else is killing are you are only horking.

So IMO 2 HotOs are a lot more worth than 6ist swords switch

This post was edited by Titus1986 on Mar 28 2017 06:06am
Mar 28 2017 06:52am
Good arguments, you convinced me. Thank you both, will try this setup for sure then :)
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll