d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Dual Sword Barb Still Viable?
Prev1345678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,892.68
Mar 29 2017 03:21am
You should work on your game-play style and what you want to achieve with your barb. Basically it is personal preference.

2x Grief Phase Blades due to the added damage, indestructibility and reaching IAS breakpoints easier than other weapon base choices.
Arreat Face over Guillames for the additional bonuses to Passive skills like Iron Skin etc including 10% base enhanced damage and attack rating.

1 base skill in Iron Skin, Natural Res and prerequisites gain bonuses from +skill items vs Crushing Blow [Highlords] is based on your game-play as well.
Fortitude vs Enigma... my preference is Fortitude for resistances and added raw damage for Faster Kill-speed vs Teleportation / DR etc.
Since fortitude increases damage by a significant amount, any leech items increase your chance of surviving.

Here is a quick example of the following setup:

Andys Visage = Life Leech, Strength, +2 All skills and added strength for damage, and 20% IAS while the minimal item to socket this item is a Ral rune to counter the -X percent fire res.
Laying of Hands = 20% IAS, 50% fire resistance and 350% enhanced damage vs Demons [Note that all main bosses are demons and Act 4 / 5 normally have higher % chance of demons spawning.
Phase Blades have an innate IAS factor of 30%, thus making grief an ideal choice with the additional IAS breakpoint.
Ring: Crafted, Rare or Unique with Mana Leech or more covers the basis of Life and mana leech, the additional mods are simply Strength / Res / Dex etc.
Fortitude: of course this basically 3xx enhanced damage to ALL monster types, which increase the Added damage of grief in conjunction with the skills increasing damage etc.

The above items means you have room to choose belt, amulet, the other ring being Ravenfrost to ensure CBF and your choice of boots, I prefer War travs for additional damage and the MF, but, Gores is also viable to increase CB etc.

It is upto you, find what suits you, my preference is for my game-play.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Mar 29 2017 03:29am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 29 2017 03:34am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 29 2017 05:21pm)
You should work on your game-play style and what you want to achieve with your barb. Basically it is personal preference.

2x Grief Phase Blades due to the added damage, indestructibility and reaching IAS breakpoints easier than other weapon base choices.
Arreat Face over Guillames for the additional bonuses to Passive skills like Iron Skin etc including 10% base enhanced damage and attack rating.

1 base skill in Iron Skin, Natural Res and prerequisites gain bonuses from +skill items vs Crushing Blow [Highlords] is based on your game-play as well.
Fortitude vs Enigma... my preference is Fortitude for resistances and added raw damage for Faster Kill-speed vs Teleportation / DR etc.
Since fortitude increases damage by a significant amount, any leech items increase your chance of surviving.

Here is a quick example of the following setup:

Andys Visage = Life Leech, Strength, +2 All skills and added strength for damage, and 20% IAS while the minimal item to socket this item is a Ral rune to counter the -X percent fire res.
Laying of Hands = 20% IAS, 50% fire resistance and 350% enhanced damage vs Demons [Note that all main bosses are demons and Act 4 / 5 normally have higher % chance of demons spawning.
Phase Blades have an innate IAS factor of 30%, thus making grief an ideal choice with the additional IAS breakpoint.
Ring: Crafted, Rare or Unique with Mana Leech or more covers the basis of Life and mana leech, the additional mods are simply Strength / Res / Dex etc.
Fortitude: of course this basically 3xx enhanced damage to ALL monster types, which increase the Added damage of grief in conjunction with the skills increasing damage etc.

The above items means you have room to choose belt, amulet, the other ring being Ravenfrost to ensure CBF and your choice of boots, I prefer War travs for additional damage and the MF, but, Gores is also viable to increase CB etc.

It is upto you, find what suits you, my preference is for my game-play.

thanks I'll try with guil helm first since cb on it is far greater than the 10% ed imho

as for skills I'll max frenzy, sword mastery, BO and stone skin. 1 point each to leap, faster run/walk, nat resist, red stamina, berserk, battle command and the rest go to dual swing + other prereq

I don't see any good reason to max the taunt skill

This post was edited by tobi_damaris on Mar 29 2017 03:36am
Gold: 339.00
Mar 29 2017 03:55am
Quote (tobi_damaris @ 29 Mar 2017 09:44)
no berserk then how to deal with im?

reaper -> decrepify

Quote (arreat summit)
Effect: Target's Speed, Damage and Physical Resistance -50%

Decrepify also slows the attack (except missiles from monsters), reduces the damage output of monsters and makes monsters more susceptibile to physical damage.
The slowing effect of Decrepify is a separate calculation from the slowing caused by cold damage and Slows Target By % items and effects (like, say, the Clay Golem).
This skill DOES work on bosses and Super Unique Monsters.
Note that additional points increase neither the effect nor the radius, so usually one point (with possibly +skills items) is sufficient even if you are planning to use this skill heavily. Typically you can just keep casting the spell on a target to recharge the duration, since it does not cost much mana.

also use gulli on both merc and yourself imo

This post was edited by S_M_O_K_E on Mar 29 2017 03:56am
Mar 29 2017 05:09am
Quote (S_M_O_K_E @ Mar 29 2017 05:55pm)
reaper -> decrepify

also use gulli on both merc and yourself imo

By im I mean iron maiden
Gold: 8,892.68
Mar 29 2017 05:23am
Quote (tobi_damaris @ Mar 30 2017 12:09am)
By im I mean iron maiden

Iron Maiden no longer exists... and to be honest, I wish Battle.net did NOT remove this monster ability, it made the game so weak and easy it is pathetic.
Mar 29 2017 06:13am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 29 2017 07:23pm)
Iron Maiden no longer exists... and to be honest, I wish Battle.net did NOT remove this monster ability, it made the game so weak and easy it is pathetic.

:blink: really? long time never played this game I don't know im is no longer exist... since when?
Gold: 339.00
Mar 29 2017 06:58am
Quote (tobi_damaris @ 29 Mar 2017 11:34)
I don't see any good reason to max the taunt skill

8% dmg per lvl to frenzy. u could also use it vs some mobs but i never rly needed it.

other option is max double swing for same 8%dmg bonus to frenzy. I strongly recommend maxing one of these two and put rest in other skill.

..and as stated before, zerk is a waste of points for fenzy barb. ofc you can play like you want, but i've experimented alot with ww and frenzy setups and i think this is best. max "stone skin" (iron skin?) is totally not needed. and if you like more def (still not needed), max shout.

the only real choice is if you want max life (pure life possible with eni build) or max strength (so-called titan build).

btw its true im no longer exists (at least in cs for sure). patched long time ago.

This post was edited by S_M_O_K_E on Mar 29 2017 07:01am
Apr 2 2017 08:40pm
nvm

This post was edited by tobi_damaris on Apr 2 2017 09:02pm
Gold: 43.00
Apr 2 2017 10:27pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 29 2017 07:23am)

i agree. btw wth was their reasoning behind leaving in blood mana then? :huh:

Quote (tobi_damaris @ Apr 2 2017 10:40pm)
nvm

ty for your contribution
Apr 3 2017 01:22am
last question:
which one is better for the merc:
act 2 might merc with reapers toll (chamed guilliame face and e bug fort)

OR

act 1 rouge ice with faith bow? (chamed guilliame face and a treachery)

I'll max bo, frenzy, sword mastery and taunt and throw all the rest to double swing

This post was edited by tobi_damaris on Apr 3 2017 01:28am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1345678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll