d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Pvp Druid Questions
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 218.64
Mar 27 2017 08:04pm
I have a few questions regarding a PVP Druid.

I am trying to make it so my stash has just about any setup needed. My max block setup uses a SS of course but I have no idea what I should socket it with.

Also I have a EoD on my druid but am wondering if I am fighting vs a BvC for example if I should toss on a regular enigma instead for the DR.

Explain to me the times to use EoD over Enigma and times when I want to use a SoP - I am guessing SoP is just vs casters?
Gold: 69.00
Mar 27 2017 08:47pm
pubs=facing multiple enemies at once.

Imo regular enigma beats EoD...you got cyclone and mass stacked res off pelt and hoto
id also stat my druid to wear hotspur with spirit even if that means sacrificing life... yes you will be losing some life but in the long run it helps not dying to fb sorcs or firetrappers. even with 90 fire res it will hurt

treachery fade %=15 dr, +BerBer 5 nado pelt or circ and regular enigma=39%dr, could also add dungo in there to go up to 50% but the way you are supposed to play is not get hit...

if its a really godly bvc or ww sin basically someone really knows how to play 1 just grab your gg a2/a5 merc, vive some amp things/big dudes and just stomp. i also have a metalgrid to ironmaiden+marrowwalk for prison against ppl WSG'ing...all those OP necro skills, you need alot of coin to play like me though[yes as in d2 gold heh]

SoP is just vs casters...imo 2x 20% wisp is easier to swap and you dont lose the max resists. Makes facing traps so much easier, fk that lame class

idk too many hacker dins/other hek druids with bo barbs, gl outplaying someone with 50%tp who doesnt have to aim/tele/juv/heal/etc. game surely has changed in ~7 years since i left it wasnt that bad before
Gold: 175.01
Mar 28 2017 01:02am
As a general rule, don't take druid advice from trickshittr.
SoP adds +50 life and max fire/light res, which makes it better than spirit against everything except possibly blizz sorcs (and even then, really, its better)

The max block setup is optional and not necessarily helpful. If you want it, then do it. Its your char. In most of your "I need block" matchups you would probably be better off hitting the fcr bp instead.

Your swaps would probably be something like
wizardspike
pelt
resist stack circlet
dungo's
bloodfist(maybe?)
raven raven
wisp wisp
dwarf dwarf
tgods
crafted rep boots

That's only about half of your stash space. I put fuck-around toys in the leftover spots. Doom, marrowwalk, widowmaker, a beastz for buffing my merc, demonlimb. I don't think any of them ever won a duel for me besides the bone prison charges.
I think you'll find that you never want to put the mb setup on and it just takes up space in stash.
Gold: 2,830.00
Mar 28 2017 03:02am
Quote (Trickshottr @ 28 Mar 2017 03:47)
pubs=facing multiple enemies at once.

Imo regular enigma beats EoD...you got cyclone and mass stacked res off pelt and hoto
id also stat my druid to wear hotspur with spirit even if that means sacrificing life... yes you will be losing some life but in the long run it helps not dying to fb sorcs or firetrappers. even with 90 fire res it will hurt

treachery fade %=15 dr, +BerBer 5 nado pelt or circ and regular enigma=39%dr, could also add dungo in there to go up to 50% but the way you are supposed to play is not get hit...

if its a really godly bvc or ww sin basically someone really knows how to play 1 just grab your gg a2/a5 merc, vive some amp things/big dudes and just stomp. i also have a metalgrid to ironmaiden+marrowwalk for prison against ppl WSG'ing...all those OP necro skills, you need alot of coin to play like me though[yes as in d2 gold heh]

SoP is just vs casters...imo 2x 20% wisp is easier to swap and you dont lose the max resists. Makes facing traps so much easier, fk that lame class

idk too many hacker dins/other hek druids with bo barbs, gl outplaying someone with 50%tp who doesnt have to aim/tele/juv/heal/etc. game surely has changed in ~7 years since i left it wasnt that bad before

nice
Gold: 6,000.00
Mar 28 2017 03:30am
Quote (kroko89 @ Mar 28 2017 10:02am)
nice

You taught him how to play no? It looks alot like your playstyle.
Gold: 14,170.50
Mar 28 2017 08:08am
for public pvp you need a damage setup (i.e. pelt) and a dr setup (i.e. coa)
invest in sop monarch

if you can afford it, use 2/20/30/2 circs instead of pelt and coa for more versatility and swap options for sorb.
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 28 2017 12:17pm
i still dont get what the point is to have non-mb dr setups unless you're wsging around 95% of the time like a maniac
Gold: 14,170.50
Mar 28 2017 12:23pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 28 2017 01:17pm)
i still dont get what the point is to have non-mb dr setups unless you're wsging around 95% of the time like a maniac

your pets are your shield
you want 163 fcr
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll