d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Job Roles After Finishing Msci Comp Sci
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50.69
Mar 27 2017 02:12pm
Anyone got any good recommendations on what roles/countries I should try applying for after finishing my masters?

• I'd like to travel and work outside the UK
  • I'd be happy with an average salary

Should really be able to apply anywhere, I'm currently working at a first and my CV is full of experience.
I already have had experience working at Oracle and GCHQ and both were pretty boring tbh and they just want to get as much out of you as they can...

So far I've been advised entering at development and working my up to project management would be a good career path or going into networking...
But that seems boring and shit, I'd much prefer to get an average salary in a fun company with loads of like-minded, fun people... at least during my 20's and early 30's.

What are your experiences working in your current country?
What are your experiences in any big corporation?
Is anyone currently in a big company and loving/hating it? - is the extra money worth the workload?
Is anyone currently in a fun work environment and content with lower pay and the nicer atmosphere? - Is the pay much less than a large corporation salary?
Gold: 7.27
Mar 28 2017 08:35am
Apply to a start up. Help them grow, live large.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll